FY19 Chief Selection Board

Just now, AD1Kraizy said:

Thankfully it's about time to wrap it up and go to bed, Gotta stop waking up at 8 or 9 am to check for the latest rumors

the guys and gals on the other side of the planet will maintain watch for you. 😀

Guest MannyTheET
19 minutes ago, IT1 said:

What was this "fan room training" you speak of. I must have missed it...

It was deleted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

For those new members not familiar with the forum, you may want to take a peek at the guidelines. Each rule has an origin from something that happened on this website. Several people have already been booted today and all of them involved the unwritten rule of this forum. "Respect, and you shall be respected."

:graphics-3d-smileys-429516:

Guest PO14Life

Ive got the watch... haha literally tonight as well I have watch. So in case results come out in 12 hours I will be awake too.

Got a couple more nights of staying up till about midnight.  Then it's time to check in off leave, so going to bed earlier. 

Guest PO14Life

This is hard if I do get the coveted "S", there are so many people that have helped and supported me throughout the years. After my Husband and Daughter, I would call my Mom and Dad, my biggest supporters.

Guest paperwarfare

Good morning,  hunting down all CMCs and SCPOs I can before I get to the office. Someone has to know something!!

1 minute ago, paperwarfare said:

Good morning,  hunting down all CMCs and SCPOs I can before I get to the office. Someone has to know something!!

Let us know if they do.

Guest MannyTheET
2 hours ago, Shellback88 said:

I'll leave this out there for the night-checkers:

Besides your spouse/significant other, who is the most important person you call when you get the "S" and why?

I'm calling 2 retired Seniors and one retired Chief.... soo 3 phone calls after the wife... haven't determined the order, probably will tell them all they were the first person I called 😄

Guest PO14Life
21 minutes ago, paperwarfare said:

All info welcome and encouraged!

Guest MannyTheET
1 hour ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

FLTCM Russell Smith (acting MCPON) signed the guidance that came out Friday. That’s why im confused. 

IF there's an actual delay, I very much doubt it would be because of lack of guidance. The "legal scrub" issue, combined with the fact that all major sites (NSIPS, CMSID, others) have been down for some sort of big upgrade could be a contributing factor. But what do I know 😂

Guest paperwarfare

44 minutes ago, paperwarfare said:

It looks like they are all hiding out....I bet they are all tired of being approached with questions..  It is only the start of the day, we shall see.

I’m at a small command but I’m hunting for info, too. Not expecting much. I’d like the waiting game to be over but I have a lot of work to do, I could use a few extra days (in hopes for the s). 

10 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Yeah, Manny is looking for info so they are ducking out.

Mine are all asleep.... Nobody to pester for info....

Guest CMCWO5

No matter when the results come out here’s some things to think about WHEN you get selected:

Ensure your spouses accompany you to the Family Meet and Greet, there is a lot of good info and they should be paired up with a Chief’s wife so they have someone to ask questions when you aren’t coming home until 10pm every night;

Instead of you all crowding around hitting F5 touch base with your Spouses or Significant others, see what you can take care of now before you are basically underway and out of pocket for 6 weeks;

Know that no matter how you feel throughout the Season, know that everything is happening for a reason. Lord knows when I made it a couple of decades ago, I got my fair share of yelling and the whole time I remembered thinking “How is this helping me become a leader?” I wouldn’t understand it until 5 months after I was accepted into the Chiefs Mess and was pulled into the Captains office to get a “stern talking to” did I realize that they were doing that to preparing me for when I was the Chief and my only thought to the Captain was “wow this isn’t nearly as bad”.

Put your whole heart into the Season and TRUST your Chiefs.  Best of luck.

-Grant

CWO5 (ret)

Guest IT guy
4 hours ago, Shellback88 said:

I'll leave this out there for the night-checkers:

Besides your spouse/significant other, who is the most important person you call when you get the "S" and why?

My Mentors and Protégés(one in particular). My mentors helped me realize that I couldn't always do it my way and that it was about more than just me (A huge thank you to them).  My protégé's helped me realize that I enjoy watching people and grow and develop. It was crazy to go to DRB, XOI, and Captains Mast with one of them (because mentors had to be present), only to watch  her win awards and get promoted and completely erase the negative impressions of her. I'd wanna hopefully inspire her and  let her know that I'd expect to see her where I'm at in a few years.

Man, things get boring at this hour. No new gossip on this side. Normal morning at work. 

As for who I would tell... probably my mentors but they will likely know before I do. Still holding on to their anchors though to be pinned with someday. 

Guest PO14Life

So if I get the honor of being selected, will they try and pair my Husband with someone’s Husband or it doesn’t matter? Just curious.