Guest EffSeeUno
1 hour ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Not so ruffle any feathers in there but:

Me and my  fellow firsts were taking about the results coming out next week and our chances. Someone brought up the fact that demographics ( Race, age, sex) plays a part in the selection process. 

They were saying that they cant just select all males, or all white males, or black/hispanic females or males.

1. Do you think this is true.

2. Do you think this actually plays a part in the selection process?

3. This would explain why some people who make it you wonder why.

I never thought of this until it was said today and now that I think of it. I think there is a hint of truth to it.

*DISCLAIMER* I am in no way saying the board is biased, but it would look funny if all the selects happened to be all male, or all female, or  majority of a certain race.

AS1, as a senior PO1 eligible for Chief, I assume you have sat a ranking board, or JSOQ/JSOY board at least once in your career. In these boards do all the candidates look the same? Do all the EPs at any command end up looking the same? Why would youR shipmates assume there is a quota system with regards to this board. I have sat many E5  ranking boards, and JSOQ boards, the best tend to come in a diverse group, and represent how the Navy looks. Yes some people try to play favorites, but this being a blind board wheere most have never met the candidates, I have confidence in their integrity.

Guest PS1ME
7 minutes ago, EffSeeUno said:

AS1, as a senior PO1 eligible for Chief, I assume you have sat a ranking board, or JSOQ/JSOY board at least once in your career. In these boards do all the candidates look the same? Do all the EPs at any command end up looking the same? Why would youR shipmates assume there is a quota system with regards to this board. I have sat many E5  ranking boards, and JSOQ boards, the best tend to come in a diverse group, and represent how the Navy looks. Yes some people try to play favorites, but this being a blind board wheere most have never met the candidates, I have confidence in their integrity.

I completely agree.  I can see where the question would come from.  Trying to understand the process myself, I've thought about how bias might play a factor.  I would say, in my opinion, they've probably chosen the best way to judge records free from any CMEO related problems.  With that being said, I'm sure the opportunity is probably there somewhere.  You can only trust that members of the board remain professional.

Guest PS1ME
2 minutes ago, PS1ME said:

I completely agree.  I can see where the question would come from.  Trying to understand the process myself, I've thought about how bias might play a factor.  I would say, in my opinion, they've probably chosen the best way to judge records free from any CMEO related problems.  With that being said, I'm sure the opportunity is probably there somewhere.  You can only trust that members of the board remain professional.

In addition, now that I think about it, CMEO's have to track demographics when it comes to all board, award, NJP, etc... processing.  Surely NPC must follow the same instruction.  Chances are, there is one or more CMEO's present to ensure integrity is maintained.

Guest Cryptic
3 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

That makes no sense to me! So either they are dropping the season to 5 weeks or going to do the pinning after the 15th...

Pretty sure the pinning date is set, so the season will just be short. Someone else's mistake that the new selects will probably pay for with less sleep.

9 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

That makes no sense to me! So either they are dropping the season to 5 weeks or going to do the pinning after the 15th...

Folks it does make sense. If you look there has been other Aug releases. I'll let you in on a secret I was told. They do compress it but make up for it by putting said Selectee on a torture rack and stretching them a tad. That way the compressed season actually looks stretched. 

:graphics-3d-smileys-649761:

Guest Themissiletech
Just now, DeepSeaChief said:

Where did you hear that @Tony?

My COB put that out to us via an email from the Fleet Master Chief. Its also been put out on here via CMC and a couple of others.

Guest CMCWO5
1 minute ago, Montrell1891 said:

I already live on less than 5 hours of sleep a night. It can't get worse than that.

Challenge accepted

Guest Cryptic
4 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

I already live on less than 5 hours of sleep a night. It can't get worse than that.

Ya it gets really bad if you get less than 4 hours multiple nights in a row. I can do 4 for a string of days. I can't do less. 

2 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

Hmmm interesting. We have been told to expect them this week. We were told tomorrow to expect triad notification. It won't come out on Friday because that would mean Japan gets the news on Saturday.

The @CMC who posted here is legit. We also got wind of this last Friday thanks to a member. It was then checked by a select few members who <.... :ph34r:...> Then CMC posted because he got word from a official source.

2 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

Gotcha! It's definitely a surprise that it is taking that long.

yes, so this part is not official but valid.  They simply got behind the power curve and scheduled it for next week. No major show stopper. What impresses me though was the one who got wind Friday and the sources. 😀

Guest Chief Guns
31 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

Roger that shipmate! We'll make sure to pass that along to your CPO Mess. On a serious note, good luck to you.

10 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

I'm sure people were calling in some close friends for that info!! 

yeah, probably, but what I forgot to mention, because I keep running to the server and forum admin is that with what was said, even the higher ups were not sure when it would be released. and that there was something at post review but pre-legal scrub.

33 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

Not me, I need my 6 or 7 hours of sleep to stay sane.  If selected, my only concern is my poor pup.  I'm single, so his feeding and time out of his kennel would be limited. 

Guest pebzPRmff
1 minute ago, AME1 said:

Not me, I need my 6 or 7 hours of sleep to stay sane.  If selected, my only concern is my poor pup.  I'm single, so his feeding and time out of his kennel would be limited. 

Awww doesn’t hurt to start looking for a pup sitter just in case 😁 I’m sure there’s at least one reliable E3/4 out there 

Guest DeepseaSeabee
31 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

I'm excited for all of you! Have you all decided who you would call first if selected?

If I'm lucky,I'll probably call Mom dukes first. Sweet login name by the way @DeepSeaChief 

Guest NVYPS

I am a FTS Selectee at an all active command I can’t wait for the results to come out so I can stop getting all the attention 

30 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

Thanks! Family first, always! You have a good shot this cycle?

just saying hi to DeepSea..

4 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

Whats going on Deep Sea?!! 

losing my mind! my fingers were crossed that results would be out today.. one more week of convincing myself I'm "in" and immediately talking myself out of it. West coast EODMU1