1 minute ago, BoatsJ said:

A true mvp @Tony! I’ve noticed you’ve continued to post this as a refresher to those that haven’t seen the original one🙌

Oh yeah, people are just waking up, checking in, so if I remember I post the latest update as a reminder but the biggest motivation are the PMs or emails that will say words to the effect:

Tony, do you have any updates?!?!?!?!?

:128_1:

Guest PO Theo

On one hand, I'm absolutely confident the results will be out next week; the Intel I've received from the forum and from real life corroborate that. On the other hand, my brain has managed to convince itself that there's still a possibility of the results coming out today. Crazy, right? 🤯

Guest pebzPRmff
2 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

On one hand, I'm absolutely confident the results will be out next week; the Intel I've received from the forum and from real life corroborate that. On the other hand, my brain has managed to convince itself that there's still a possibility of the results coming out today. Crazy, right? 🤯

That’s what I’m sayin! I know, I know, it’s next week. But dayyumm if I don’t still hope for the best. There are worse things to have than hope. I know I’m not the only one that knows....”hope for the best, prepare for the worst”. 👍🏿

Guest PO Theo
5 minutes ago, pebzPRmff said:

That’s what I’m sayin! I know, I know, it’s next week. But dayyumm if I don’t still hope for the best. There are worse things to have than hope. I know I’m not the only one that knows....”hope for the best, prepare for the worst”. 👍🏿

Exactly. Of course, I hope I made it. But either way I'm ready for the wait to be over.

Guest BoatsJ
9 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Exactly. Of course, I hope I made it. But either way I'm ready for the wait to be over.

Same here! But on the other side of the spectrum, if the schedule (8 & 9) holds true then I’ll be two days away from my transfer flight and no vehicle 🙃lol.

Guest PO14Life

So I asked my Husband what he would like to do this weekend because either way I won’t be up for much next weekend. He told me he would like to clean the house. 😏 meh. Has anyone been given helpful hints to share with everyone to survive season? There have been several that have given awesome advice already.

Guest TnBnEnD

My Chief just told me our COC is officially passing word for 8th to triad. Not new news...but that's the first I've heard it outside here.

7 hours ago, LegalOne said:

We're having an "All Hands' ceremony today at my command. My SEA said results are coming out today. God-willing. I pray for you all. Have a goodnight.

Let us know if that changes...

Guest AVI-Tech

I asked my Chief today when I got work today if he had heard anything about the results being pushed to next week. He said the base is still planning on doin CPO indoc on Monday. It’s interesting how everyone is left in the dark with sometime as simple as a release date. 

2 minutes ago, AVI-Tech said:

I asked my Chief today when I got work today if he had heard anything about the results being pushed to next week. He said the base is still planning on doin CPO indoc on Monday. It’s interesting how everyone is left in the dark with sometime as simple as a release date. 

Reading over the last few pages it’s either today Tuesday or the 8th I guess it will happen when it happens I’m not guessing anymore 😂

If this were a perfect situation TRIAD release today and navadmin tomorrow right? 6 weeks prior to pinning. But when does anything ever work out exactly how it’s supposed to...

Guest EN14EVER

I am the only Active Duty Navy at my command(NOSC Jacksonville Staff) and haven't heard anything around here. only info i am getting is through here. about to pull my hair out! lol 

Guest CTMC(SW/SS/IW)
16 hours ago, 81Forever said:

Long time lurker here and finally got myself an account.  I am with everyone in the giant boat of anxiety we all are in.  My Chiefs have all been messing with me as well.  Here is to lucky 5th time up.

5th time did the trick for me, hope you get good news.

Guest 81Forever
13 minutes ago, CTMC(SW/SS/IW) said:

5th time did the trick for me, hope you get good news.

I am hoping too.  Last year everyone thought I had it in the bag.  Even someone who sat the board that I had review my package this year was wondering why I didn't pick up last year.

Guest That1Sailor

Hello everyone. Been lurking for awhile and thought i would say hello. I have been trying not to worry about the results but it is hard when everyone is asking “are you ready?” Lol. Good luck to everyone when the results eventually do come out. 

Here's a reminder:

• Aug 8 Triad release
  • Aug 9 Public

- I've opened the forum for public viewing, I'll see if we can handle it.

- As a note, when you put bogus stuff when registering, the account gets deleted.

- You need to respond to the validation email

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
14 hours ago, DC1I said:

Out of curiosity, what's the fastest yall have ever seen someone make Chief? And also has anyone ever heard of someone making it while at their first command? 

Seen someone at my command make it in four years.. He had an E3 EP, E4, E5, and E6 EP. Got selected first time up. Still trying to figure out why and how. Here I am 15 years later with back to back EPs, still cant get it... @ASWife sup babes.

Guest crazdsquirel
13 hours ago, ASWife said:

I believe that my best friend's husband made ITC in around 8-9 years... I felt terrible for my husband then because, although my friend is a great sailor and absolutely deserved it, it showed how much of a difference rates can make in someone's career. Some seem to be more open and accessible in terms of advancement opportunity. I have been with my husband 10+ years and Aviation Support does not appear to belong to that category, unfortunately. I have to say that it truly is disheartening to see your partner work so hard and be the best he can be, only to be disappointed year after year and spend a terrible birthday (August 5). At least I can say that this year's delay might finally give him a chance to enjoy his birthday, for once :5200: 

I couldn't agree more with how disheartening it is to see how much work they put in and constantly be disappointed. My husband is a nuke EM, the entire division goes to him for advice, and he's always there. He has watched many of his friends in different rates pick up chief, and every year he puts on a brave face- but it's hard not to be disappointed. He always tells me that it shouldn't affect me, that I shouldn't be sad about it, but it's tough watching him go through it.

Guest Shambles

Howdy all, been lurkin hard for a while and decided I should probably hop in. First time up, have next to no shot at it but I'm crossing my fingers for all of you out there eagle-eyeing for those results. On an independent tour right now and have NO one to pull scuttlebutt from. Thanks for the entertainment!

Good luck to you all!

2 minutes ago, Shambles said:

Howdy all, been lurkin hard for a while and decided I should probably hop in. First time up, have next to no shot at it but I'm crossing my fingers for all of you out there eagle-eyeing for those results. On an independent tour right now and have NO one to pull scuttlebutt from. Thanks for the entertainment!

Good luck to you all!

Well, now you have a lot of members to share scuttlebutt with. Welcome and love that profile pic!

:graphics-3d-smileys-618503:

Guest Shambles
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well, now you have a lot of members to share scuttlebutt with. Welcome and love that profile pic!

:graphics-3d-smileys-618503:

Mmm that tasty, tasty scuttlebutt. Thanks! Truth be told, I spent more time than I'm willing to admit finding it. No shame; just facts. 😅

Guest DC4life

So im currently on leave and i had one of my buddies on the ship email me last night and said that results should be out today so idk anymore lol. 

Guest PO Theo
21 minutes ago, Shambles said:

Mmm that tasty, tasty scuttlebutt. Thanks! Truth be told, I spent more time than I'm willing to admit finding it. No shame; just facts. 😅

Haha. I searched for quite some time as well. Couldn't find anything worthy, so I went with my rating badge. Lame, I know.