Guest PO14Life
3 hours ago, OJ451 said:

Does anyone think that accolades such as Golden Shellback or Blue nose should have some type of salty weight to the board?  This is the Navy.  Why is that not a bigger thing in accomplishments?  Being the saltiest?

Nah, I got Golden at my first command... did not make me a stellar Sailor just opportunity struck.

Guest ENGINEMAN36
2 hours ago, Frye_Daddy said:

6 year ITC made it with me last year, I made it in 8, I'm sure it doesn't matter but I joined a little later in life.

I think it does matter. I joined at 29. Made E-6 in 5 and hoping to make CPO in 8 whenever they decide to release these results.

Guest LegalOne
On 7/25/2018 at 9:18 AM, PO Theo said:

I'm an NC (Recruiter) and we get COMs if we put enough people in the Navy in one fiscal year. It's difficult to do, but at least five recruiters at my command get a COM every year. I got one as an NC2. Everyone here has COMs. So, like someone said, it depends on your community and history of tours. 

We just had an E6 from our command receive a COM. He put himself in for it as an LPO. It wasn't rejected, so he received it. He received it because of politics. He was always around the triad and dept. Leaders.

Guest LegalOne

We're having an "All Hands' ceremony today at my command. My SEA said results are coming out today. God-willing. I pray for you all. Have a goodnight.

3 minutes ago, LegalOne said:

We just had an E6 from our command receive a COM. He put himself in for it as an LPO. It wasn't rejected, so he received it. He received it because of politics. He was always around the triad and dept. Leaders.

Hopefully his write up reflects that, and the board will see through it.  However it's probably unlikely.  Politics is probably one of the reasons I haven't gotten the best of evals.  I don't do the show face stuff.

Guest PO14Life
3 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Hopefully his write up reflects that, and the board will see through it.  However it's probably unlikely.  Politics is probably one of the reasons I haven't gotten the best of evals.  I don't do the show face stuff.

True!! I have to tell a lot of people no or risk career or prison. This does not make me a popular person. 🧐

Guest CSSSSSSSSS1

I was told results come out next week but some chiefs were talking about setting up the meet and greet for all the selectees this weekend

7 minutes ago, CSSSSSSSSS1 said:

I was told results come out next week but some chiefs were talking about setting up the meet and greet for all the selectees this weekend

From the scuttlebutt, they are doing what they can to get them out this week, but next week is the fall back.

Guest PO14Life

Did the forum go quiet because people are asleep or they ran to their chiefs to find out about the results? If results are out today I didn’t make it.

Guest AME188
4 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Did the forum go quiet because people are asleep or they ran to their chiefs to find out about the results? If results are out today I didn’t make it.

Think most everyone is going to bed...it’s 2330 on the west coast, if the results are out on the second it’ll be tomorrow at 1100 EST...(based on previous years obviously). Get some rest, hopefully everyone has a great day tomorrow! 

Guest PO14Life
2 minutes ago, AME188 said:

Think most everyone is going to bed...it’s 2330 on the west coast, if the results are out on the second it’ll be tomorrow at 1100 EST...(based on previous years obviously). Get some rest, hopefully everyone has a great day tomorrow! 

Well I should be sleeping because I had the late watch. It’s 1530 but I’m wide awake because of all the rumors. Eek

Guest PO14Life
Just now, AME1 said:

Yeah I'm only up late because I'm on leave.  No staying up late tomorrow night.

I wish I had stayed on leave. The Chiefs mess acting strange is killer.

Guest paperwarfare

Everything is so quiet here.  Or it may be because I am exhausted from that late night/early morning duty run and I am not full conscious...

Guest PO14Life
10 minutes ago, paperwarfare said:

Everything is so quiet here.  Or it may be because I am exhausted from that late night/early morning duty run and I am not full conscious...

Or maybe both 😉

Guest pebzPRmff
4 minutes ago, MannyTheET said:

Standing by for Tuesday is what we’ve got going on right now

Looking the same here so far but the workday has only just started here and not even close to starting on the east coast so I’m still holding out that they get their stuff together in time for this week. Hope is a dangerous thing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Guest MannyTheET
9 minutes ago, pebzPRmff said:

Looking the same here so far but the workday has only just started here and not even close to starting on the east coast so I’m still holding out that they get their stuff together in time for this week. Hope is a dangerous thing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Read earlier in this forum about a legal scrub... which with it taking this long... don’t have any hopes for this week

Guest IRFramR
10 minutes ago, MannyTheET said:

Read earlier in this forum about a legal scrub... which with it taking this long... don’t have any hopes for this week

Yeah, I don't think this week either. I'm looking forward to another relaxed weekend with the family. Our wing had a meeting with the Force MC yesterday probably confirming all we've already heard. 

Guest BoatsJ
37 minutes ago, Tony said:

So far the word is Aug 8 Triad, Aug 9 Public.

A true mvp @Tony! I’ve noticed you’ve continued to post this as a refresher to those that haven’t seen the original one🙌