Guest CursedSwabbie

Well I will be happy just to get some kinda official news! I am just gonna go about my buisness and assume that i did not make it.... That way if i do make it I can be plesantly supprised  instead of utterly devastated! 😂

Guest CursedSwabbie
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

thats what i've been getting all day as soon as I open up the forum...

hello-world.jpg

You need a new server Tony... This extra revenue should help out!

Guest TM1/SS
On 7/29/2018 at 6:38 PM, TheKardiacKid said:

NEX does 0% financing for 1 year (til that uniform allowance arrives 😉)

Is that separate from the STAR card? Because I hate that Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) thing lol

On the bright side, if we expect next week and get them by the end of this week, it will be a pleasant surprise 🤣 

11 minutes ago, PRpeb said:

On the bright side, if we expect next week and get them by the end of this week, it will be a pleasant surprise 🤣 

Only if we all get the S unfortunately some of us are bound to get the N

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
2 hours ago, Cryptic said:

I'll be honest, my first impression is that it does not show you progressing. If there are other things in the eval that show progression though, you might be fine. Did your responsibility, performance, and/or junior Sailor development increase? Quals? If you captured progression in the write up, it would help mitigate the fact that the trait average didn't tick up.

I appreciate your honesty.  I should've mentioned that after those two MP's, I got a ranked EP, 4.57 above RSCA with a new reporting senior. So it does progression.  I hope they see that.

10 minutes ago, STG1 said:

Only if we all get the S unfortunately some of us are bound to get the N

True. But at least the wait for this year will be over and that is still a relief. No? 

Guest DC4life

I got word from a Chief i know at a different command that results should be out tomorrow if not by Friday dont know how true that is based on quite a bit of people are posting about the results coming out next week instead. Good luck to everyone btw. 

Guest PO14Life

I just had opportunity to see the selectee schedule. It took everything I had to not look. Some may call me crazy for not looking, but I feel it would be dishonest and unfair(especially if I make it) to others. Or maybe it was a setup IDK. I'm just losing my mind here.

Guest OSC NAV
4 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I just had opportunity to see the selectee schedule. It took everything I had to not look. Some may call me crazy for not looking, but I feel it would be dishonest and unfair(especially if I make it) to others. Or maybe it was a setup IDK. I'm just losing my mind here.

do tell...

Guest PS1ME
1 hour ago, Tony said:

thats what i've been getting all day as soon as I open up the forum...

hello-world.jpg

Hey, I was on that list.  Glad I made the cut.

Guest PS1ME
10 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

You're a better Sailor than most.  That's spot promotion worthy.

Guest CMCWO5
1 hour ago, TM1/SS said:

Is that separate from the STAR card? Because I hate that Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) thing lol

The important thing to remember is that Chiefs aren’t required to maintain a Seabag so just get what you would recommend that depending on when you do your uniform fitting that you only buy the bare minimum. 1 set of Khakis with combo cover is a minimum.

Guest PS1ME

So my plan is to go LDO if I don't make it this year.  I'll then move my way up the ladder until I'm able to change big Navy policy.  My first change will be the way results are released.  

Now I'm sure many people are thinking "probably not the first person to try that".  However, I plan to hit them from a production angle.  For instance, I will prove that on average, production and mission readiness drop by 15 percent two to three weeks prior to results for Chief.  E6's are simply too stressed out and wound up during this time to be effective.  It's hard to argue with those numbers.

Just kidding, but in reality I would love to see production numbers across the Navy during this time.  I bet it really does have an effect.

Guest Chale83
23 minutes ago, DC4life said:

I got word from a Chief i know at a different command that results should be out tomorrow if not by Friday dont know how true that is based on quite a bit of people are posting about the results coming out next week instead. Good luck to everyone btw. 

I just got the same word from a PSC. 

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 minute ago, PS1ME said:

So my plan is to go LDO if I don't make it this year.  I'll then move my way up the ladder until I'm able to change big Navy policy.  My first change will be the way results are released.  

Now I'm sure many people are thinking "probably not the first person to try that".  However, I plan to hit them from a production angle.  For instance, I will prove that on average, production and mission readiness drop by 15 percent two to three weeks prior to results for Chief.  E6's are simply too stressed out and wound up during this time to be effective.  It's hard to argue with those numbers.

Just kidding, but in reality I would love to see production numbers across the Navy during this time.  I bet it really does have an effect.

60 percent of the time they work all the time!

Guest CursedSwabbie
Just now, Chale83 said:

I just got the same word from a PSC. 

My Master Chief said she was waiting on some word today on when it was supposed to be... She still thinking Thursday!

Guest CursedSwabbie
5 minutes ago, MoeW said:

Well we know today is off the list!

I meant word on when to expect notification 😵

Guest Themissiletech
2 hours ago, AD1Kraizy said:

Well thanks for letting me in Tony, Long time lurker here Guess I'm part of the club officially now.

What he said! Thanks tony. No more lurking from me!

Guest AVI-Tech

Thanks for the add, long time stalker of the forum. I’m really hoping the results don’t come out til next week. I would rather do the season out on the ship.

Guest PO14Life
15 minutes ago, SH1(SW/AW/IW) said:

722B1E52-994A-4CBB-B68D-7C9ECC54E889.jpeg

I feel like this every day after the board adjourns. The worst is when they tell you to relax. Like telling a pregnant woman to relax before giving birth.