Guest AD1Kraizy

Not gonna lie, Working in Maintenance Control on Nights, I just leave this page up and check it every now and then to see if there is any more Juicy Rumors.

Guest AME188
29 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

I hope this is mostly tongue in cheek. 

If your production drops that much based on something outside of your control, maybe you are in the wrong line of work. There are much bigger things on a ship or boat to worry about than whether or not you advance. If worrying  about advancing stresses you out and lose production, I would hate to see you during a heavy workload refit or casualty.

For me, do I worry about advancing? Sure, but it doesn’t effect my work output. My job is to take care of my sailors whether I advance or not. 

Remember the whole “Ship, Shipmate, Self?”  That still applies here. My stress is about whether or not I am doing enough for sailors and whether or not I am doing enough as an LPO.  I have much bigger things to worry about than whether or not I advanced.

Two things...

1st- I 100% agree with you that’s stressing about results shouldn’t affect quality of work or the amount that we do. In addition, we obviously must continue to take care of our Sailors.

2nd- I am sure that the time we estimate “hitting refresh” is vastly over dramatized(I mean we are Sailors). We do however probably spend more of our “free” time at work talking about and being anxious about results, not that we spend more time in addition to normal, but we spend more of that time focusing on trying to figure out a magical date that always changes lol.

Guest PS1ME
4 minutes ago, Shellback88 said:

Another night of anxiety and a morning of packing an extra lunch just in case it becomes a LONG day.

I did that today, and ended up eating both of them by 0900

Guest THEORDNANCMAN

A good source called me from OCEANA I guess since the MCPON got basically fired and the FMCPO took over his  guidance is different so he want release them until he briefs. I guess he is actually going to OCEANA.  So I was told either Thursday Friday this week or Thursday Friday next week.

Guest Shellback88

I'll leave this out there for the night-checkers:

Besides your spouse/significant other, who is the most important person you call when you get the "S" and why?

3 minutes ago, THEORDNANCMAN said:

A good source called me from OCEANA I guess since the MCPON got basically fired and the FMCPO took over his  guidance is different so he want release them until he briefs. I guess he is actually going to OCEANA.  So I was told either Thursday Friday this week or Thursday Friday next week.

Your source may be on to something....seems like FMCPON is going around giving his guidance for the season possibly (just my guess). I can say the chiefs at my command do have this meeting tomorrow as well on Oceana base.

Guest Chale83
1 minute ago, Shellback88 said:

Besides your spouse/significant other, who is the most important person you call when you get the "S" and why?

My father. Long story, but he’s why I’m here.  And being here has been amazing.

3 minutes ago, Shellback88 said:

My mentor. He started pushing me hard as a second class and is a VERY big reason I am where I am today 

Guest HM4LIFE

My Chief said that she is betting that results will be out tomorrow and she is bringing cake to celebrate lol.

Though some sources says that results might be as early as tomorrow or next week🤓🤓🤓💆‍♂️💆‍♂️💆‍♂️

1 minute ago, HM4LIFE said:

My Chief said that she is betting that will be out tomorrow and she is bringing cake to celebrate lol.

At least you’ll have some comfort food available when/if it doesn’t happen. Here’s to hoping she’s right though. 🤞🏾

14 minutes ago, Shellback88 said:

My Pop's, cause my Mom is out here visiting.  If she wasn't she'd be the 2nd call.

Guest MR1(SW/SCW/AW

If my COI (center of influence) was still alive, I’d be telling him first. He was a salty old ENC . My sisters father in law. Big reason why I decided at 13 I was joining the navy. But since he isn’t, prob my mom and dad.

23 minutes ago, THEORDNANCMAN said:

I’m a little confused. His guidance as in the initiation guidance is defferent than what came out Friday?  

Guest MannyTheET
1 minute ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

I’m a little confused. His guidance as in the initiation guidance is defferent than what came out Friday?  

Make Fundraisers Great Again!

6 minutes ago, MannyTheET said:

Man! I went to bed with 54 pages and woke up to 63, new dates, and some “fan room training“ 😂😂

What was this "fan room training" you speak of. I must have missed it...

Guest ScrubNation
1 hour ago, AD1Kraizy said:

Not gonna lie, Working in Maintenance Control on Nights, I just leave this page up and check it every now and then to see if there is any more Juicy Rumors.

Hahahaha that's what I'm doing right now. 

1 hour ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

I wonder if it's accessible in Tapatalk??

A long time ago I went the tapatalk route - it wasn't compatible with this forum (different version.) I asked the developers to refund those who had purchased it and found they were crooks. It wasn't compatible but they claimed on their website that it was. They were in California and knew for most people, especially out of state, that it would be difficult to take legal action. At the minimum I notified the city's Chamber of commerce or city council, can't remember about what that company was doing to their city's reputation. I guess they are still in operation. :huh:

Guest AD1Kraizy

Thankfully it's about time to wrap it up and go to bed, Gotta stop waking up at 8 or 9 am to check for the latest rumors