FY16 SELRES CPO Board Thread.

Guest PS1(AW) MLM

I'm going to pretend I'm not concerned today while I try not to stalk the MCPON and NAC's social media pages......

As far as weekend plans go...I'm planning on getting some sleep (hopefully), hitting up farmer's market, maybe spend some time (and cash) and Lowe's, maybe take care of putting in my flower beds along the back porch, make sure the hubs puts my shelving up in the dog/storage room....and about a billion other things that really need to get done before season starts....just in case.....

I think its supposed to rain tonight tho, so we could just end up hanging out on the couch with the kiddos and pups.

Guest CajunMA

ALCON,

Just BREATHE......................................................................................................

Worrying will not hurry it up, change it or skew the results...................................

I WANT THE "S" TOO!!!!!

But, worrying about it only causes undue stress and wastes energy (which you might need upon being conferred an "S" ;)

Whatever will happen has already been set in motion....  Hopefully no one on this board is "Truly" freaking out over something they have no control over.   Hell, if the "S" isn't conferred - GO LDO or CWO!!!!!!!!!!

Hooo Yahhh!

Guest LS1(EXW/AW)

The results have been finalized for quite some time. The board members flew home over three weeks ago. The post-board scrub should not take this long. It sounds like they are simply not concerned with when their sailors find out about the biggest promotion of their lives.

I understand it is out of everyone's hands on when the results are released, but would a timeline hurt? Couldn't they simply say..."triads bol accounts will be updated on this date, and the individual members bol accounts will be updated this date" ?

Just my thoughts...

The results have been finalized for quite some time. The board members flew home over three weeks ago. The post-board scrub should not take this long. It sounds like they are simply not concerned with when their sailors find out about the biggest promotion of their lives.

I understand it is out of everyone's hands on when the results are released, but would a timeline hurt? Couldn't they simply say..."triads bol accounts will be updated on this date, and the individual members bol accounts will be updated this date" ?

Just my thoughts...

I know you lol

Some genuine advice for all awaiting results. Spend this time with your families as you will not have much or no time for them in the coming weeks if selected. Dont let the "waiting game" bog you down and you forget whats most important. Whats meant for all you of will come soon enough. Just my two cents. Good luck to all once again. Oh and enjoy your weekend!

Guest SeaBeeDoc

It has been my experience in the past that the results were not even posted until the end of the day. One year while I was anxiously waiting for the result to be posted PERS did not release the results to 1800 CSTeveryone on the east coast had left already I  almost left myself because I was on mountain time and then they popped up. So I am not giving up until later today for the results.

Guest PSjg78

Some genuine advice for all awaiting results. Spend this time with your families as you will not have much or no time for them in the coming weeks if selected. Dont let the "waiting game" bog you down and you forget whats most important. Whats meant for all you of will come soon enough. Just my two cents. Good luck to all once again. Oh and enjoy your weekend!

Plan on it !!! Thanks HMC !!!!! Have a great weekend !

Guest MA1/EXW

As an APG, I've heard there's an unwritten rule not to make us chiefs, that they had some who did and turned out not to be good ones. That's one of the many reasons why I'm waiting on my 5th N.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

As an APG, I've heard there's an unwritten rule not to make us chiefs, that they had some who did and turned out not to be good ones. That's one of the many reasons why I'm waiting on my 5th N.

I know and HMC who came in as a 2nd Class APG, he is a good friend of mine I was a 2nd Class and we made first together then he passed me up and picked up Chief. So it can happen.

Guest MA1/EXW

Just checked.  No results.  CPO365?  Or perhaps this particular Chief is a Corpsman and wants his medical readiness numbers up?   :)

He IS a corpsman....but he said for all board-eligibles to do that. 

Guest Mustang6235

He wants everything in order now so that everyone is good to go, since it's all but certain results will be out before next DWE, and you may not have time to do that stuff then.

Guest CMC in waiting

And non APG members have no chance at all of turning out "not to be good ones"?    I'm an APG, but NOT a non prior service APG, which I guess most APG are.I know I'm gonna be a good one, just need the S.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was once a bias against certain groups, or types of reservists, and I'm sure some of that bias still lingers. But, the records should speak for themselves. If a 1st is getting Ps, and a solid 3.0 sailor, dull evals, no collaterals, no deployments, PRT issues, etc. etc., you're not even gonna make board, or care for that matter. If someone is giving the Navy, their command and their subordinates their all, it's gonna show, and the board is gonna see that, APG or not.

What galls me is the lack of quotas for certain rates, and the inevitible "you're not ready" or "let's talk about why you didn't get selected". Anyone with single digit advancement opportunity is up against looooonnnnnnnggggggg odds, and senior leadership should know this. Why is it I study and know the quotas (for all the rates) better than my SEA???? My rate has had 9 quotas in 4 years, and only God knows if there will be anymore. If, on the other hand, you're in a rate with 20-50% AO, walk on water, and still don't advance...then there's a problem. 

Have no fear, if you don't get selected you can still be a Velociraptor trainer. I just saw Jurasic World and apparently the only qualification is being in the Navy. Good luck everyone!

Guest PSjg78

This "APG" and "Why are they taking so long" conversation is without merit.

BLUF: The results will be out when they are out.

..... Trust me on this; the Mess is looking forward to the 'meet and greet' with all of you who are selected as much as you are.

I did NOT sit the board, but if I were a betting man I'd place the fate of my F5 key's life cycle on next Wednesday.

Good luck to you all. (And if you're one of the lucky ones, a velociropter may be part of your final n.............. )

Yup Wednesday ..... Looking forward to meet & greet God willing ??