FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest YNC(SS)

It still bothers me that one 641 quota went unfilled last board.

A birdie told me I didn't make it last year because I didn't have enough years in.  Hopefully another year under my belt and they will change their mind. 

Do you remember how long it took last year for the precepts to come out after the board started?  I thought it would be out today.

I believe they came out the next day after the board convened. I will be surprised if they come out today.

A birdie told me I didn't make it last year because I didn't have enough years in.  Hopefully another year under my belt and they will change their mind.

12-14 years seems to be the sweet spot. Most selectees fall within this year groups. They always select 1 or 2 "future Captains" with 8-9 years TIS.

When FY-16 officially begins i'll be sitting at 12yrs 3months...did everything i could do to improve over the year...followed up my SOY eval with a  #1 of 49 assigned...LPO of 63 Sailors...finished up all PPME courses including Officer PME...President of the FCPOA...CMEO...Command JSOY/BJOY Chairman.  I have decided that i am not going to stress over it this year like last year.  I did every single thing i could imagine to make myself a marketable candidate and now it's in God's hands. 

What would you say is the sweet spot for CWO?  First time applying for 741X.  I didn't see a trend from the names last year that were selected.

17-20 for 741. I would not be eligible for 741 till the FY18 board. If I don't select for 641 this time, I will have 2 more shot and then I will fall into 741 territory.

Making 5 less 641X than last year.  But I'm stoked about who is on the board though.

[/quot

Me too. The membership baffles me. 2 CWO4, 1 LCDR, and 1 CDR. This CDR seems to seat every board. I immediately recognized his name.

741 has been looking pretty good as compared to previous cycles. It looks they are leaning more towards Warrants than LDOs. 741 used to have only about 3 or 4 quotas when 641 had like 30 or 35.

How many times have you applied? What would you like to know? Are you a Submariner?

This is my first time applying. No, I am not a submariner. I am stationed aboard the arleigh burke. Just looking for any insight that you or anyone else may want to share about the board process as you know it. Thanks

Decent numbers for the Engineers this year, 26 LDO and 19 CWO.  This is my last year able to apply for LDO (with a waiver) and I was also able to apply for CWO (14 years and 3 months).  I like that they are looking for those with ATG experience, that is going to help me out a little bit!  Good luck to all.