FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

That time again folks. Can't believe another LDO/CWO drama is right around the corner. Looking forward with hope for 2015. Happy Xmas and New year to all and good luck.

Guest HawaiiGM

Has anyone applied for the 616x surface ordanance ldo program? What do they do on the ship? Are they primary a systems test officer? Thanks.

616X candidate here. The sample career path can found here. Spend some time poking around the LDO NPC Site.

My mentor is a 05 616X. His career path went - G2 divo (sea), MOMAU XO (shore), TSC OIC (shore), Iraq (IA), NMC OIC (shore), AMMOPAC OIC (shore), CNO (shore).

He said that typically once you get your SWO pin, they generally don't send you back to sea if you don't want to go. They are creating billets for 04-05 616X on carriers however, so there is definitely the potential to go back if you truly want it.

You could end up a STO, WEPS, or G2 for your first tour. After that, it'll typically be small detachment XO/OIC until you make 03-04, then NMC and TSC OIC. After that, it's anybody's guess. I can answer any specific questions to the best of my ability.

• Like 1

Happy Holidays!

Reserve 641X applicant here - Does anyone know when the FY-16 Reserve/Active LDO/CWO Quotas will be released?  The quotas for last year were released on or around 23 Dec 13.

Wishing you all a safe and prosperous 2015!  Good Luck to all who applied!

Guest Mustang6235

Quotas aren't released until the board convenes. The date on last year's numbers are the date they were decided. But they wont be made public until they convene. Which I guess should be sometime next week.

Guest Sailor#1

Happy New Year and Good Luck Everyone! Can't wait for the quota to come out in a couple weeks!!! Anyone else applied for 651X? 

Guest Seabee

Happy New Year and Good Luck to all this year.  I've been checking this thread monthly since it started and I've gained good information from the posts.  I finally decided to request an account today.

Guest Deepsea23

@ Seabee, Did you apply this year? I know of 4 applicants including myself for 653X. Considering we are such a small community, I am sure we know each other or have crossed paths somewhere. I would like chat and pass some info around if your up to it.

I would like some advice all around about my options for submitting a LDO package for FY-15. I plan on submitting for  designator (Security/Operations) I will be taking my CPO exam for the first time in a few days and start on my package right after. Should I reach out and start my Interviews now or wait until the results are out for making board?

Guest Deepsea23

I would like some advice all around about my options for submitting a LDO package for FY-15. I plan on submitting for  designator (Security/Operations) I will be taking my CPO exam for the first time in a few days and start on my package right after. Should I reach out and start my Interviews now or wait until the results are out for making board?

You would be applying for FY17, as the board is about convene for the FY16 candidates. go to NPC website and get very familiar with the application process and NAVADMIN. Find an LDO or CWO at your command for mentorship. You need to make board in order to be eligible for the program, so hold off on scheduling interviews. Typically interviews happen towards the end of the application process not on the front end. hope this helps

Guest YNC(SS)

FY-16 641X applicant here.  Anyone have any insight they would like to share?

How many times have you applied?  What would you like to know?  Are you a Submariner?

Guest YNC(SS)

One way I'm figuring out who is on the board is check to see who has out of office replies on outlook.  I already know of one guy who is "TAD" the rest of the month. :)

Welcome back Dogg.  I see we're doing this again.

I was wondering when you will check in, but I knew you will show up. Welcome back too bro. I don't know what to think this year.