FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest YNC(SS)

Yikes!! Geez I knew there were a lot but 500 just for ADMIN! Maybe I was being a little naive. Well its all in God's hands we can just pray that the hard work and dedication has payed off... if not now I know it eventually will for him. How many times have you applied? You are in the flag writer community now? When did you pin on anchors? Tj almost went flag writer.

This is my second time applying.  I have 10 years in, I spent my first 9 as a Submarine Yeoman.  I made Chief 3 years ago. 

There are a lot in Admin because our designator consists of YN/LN/PS. 

If TJ is still thinking about Flag Writer let me know, I'd be more than happy to talk to him about it.  Don't be discouraged by the amount of applicants, or his time in service.  I've seen people make it as 8 year 1st Classes on their first try.

This is my second time applying.  I have 10 years in, I spent my first 9 as a Submarine Yeoman.  I made Chief 3 years ago. 

There are a lot in Admin because our designator consists of YN/LN/PS. 

If TJ is still thinking about Flag Writer let me know, I'd be more than happy to talk to him about it.  Don't be discouraged by the amount of applicants, or his time in service.  I've seen people make it as 8 year 1st Classes on their first try.

Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot. Yes I forgot you guys had PS and LN in there that makes more sense then! I will definiely let him know! Thank you! You moved up pretty quickly as well!! Hope this is your year as well! I am going to have him check this site out this weekend..he will write I am sure. He has had a long week here and by the time he gets home he is not touching a computer lol I am sure you all understand.

Guest Mustang6235

Quick question,

After the precepts released, my designator had a very critical "blurb" for anyone with the NEC 5931 (Underwater Construction Advanced Tech) that the board would pay very special attention to this NEC when considering selection due the "Critical undermanning in the construction dive field". I am currently a 5932 Basic U/W tech in school for the 5931 NEC. I called NPC and asked about a late submittal and was encouraged to send the docs verifying all info is valid. So, my question is, have any of you submitted an addendum or document after the DEC 1 time frame? If so, what were the results if you are aware of them? My appraisals were not as good as I had hoped (nerves) so I was not very optomistic. However, the precepts gave me a new found hope for selection.  

Best of luck to all of you.

Hooyah

I guess you can send it, but I HIGHLY doubt it gets submitted, especially since the board is probably adjourning next week.

Guest Deepsea23

I guess you can send it, but I HIGHLY doubt it gets submitted, especially since the board is probably adjourning next week.

I already sent it in (next day mail) it was recieved and signed for the day the board convened. Im just hoping that they take it into consideration. Fingers crossed.

I know something hurt some people last year for the Admin LDOs was Time in Service.  But every board is of course different.  Hopefully the board will end soon and we can really start getting nervous.

I started getting nervous on Jan 12, lol

616X numbers got cut in half this year, so I'm feeling less confident than I was. Oh well, at the very least I'll have built a track record.

Still, in theory all you really need is 1 quota, I just wish I knew how many others applied this year.

It really opened my eyes to how different the processes are for making CPO vice making LDO. My coordinator told it would be like this, but I didn't really believe him until we started the process. I had to set up my own appraisals, write my own package, and basically personally ensure that everything got done with very little outside help. For Chief, everybody was constantly asking me how my package was coming, if I was studying for my test, and giving me advice on what I needed to put in my eval to make Chief. For LDO it was all on me, and it really made me care more about my package I think. 

I was nervous the minute I dropped the packet off at the Post Office in September, lol, and was in constant communication with NPC to ensure my packet was okay since Reservists never got the much anticipated BOL update.

I completely agree with you there Force Protector Guy... That's business as usual on the Reserve side.  You got to fend for yourself.  There is really no one that you can come up to for support, the large majority are not familiar with the process anyway.  So I did my homework and worked really hard to get my packet ready.  Good Luck to you! 

It would be great if the board could post the number of applications that were considered for each designator.  The amount of work, dedication and time it takes to put an LDO packet together might workout in our favor.

Guest Mustang6235

Our percentage to make it will be higher than the AC guys. In 2014, they had 1500 applications, we had 48. I'm good with being selected because I was only one to apply for the designator! Lol

Guest Mustang6235

I have no clue how many applied for the fy-15 board. But while checking on my package, I asked the guy how many had applied. His reply was not as many as last year. Take it with a grain of salt, that's all the Intel i have!

Guest Mustang6235

On slide share there's some really good power points from previous boards. I've got a lot of the stuff they're looking for. But still trying to think as negative as I can!

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Hey all! First time 644X applicant here! Trying to stay optimistic, but with only 10 years TIS....it's a toss up. I seem to be worried about that more than anything. Hoping to get the "S". Good luck to all. Should be an intersting month of waiitng!

Hey all! First time 644X applicant here! Trying to stay optimistic, but with only 10 years TIS....it's a toss up. I seem to be worried about that more than anything. Hoping to get the "S". Good luck to all. Should be an intersting month of waiitng!

Sustained superior percormance...always the common facotor in selecting new CWOs/LDOs. Time in service plays a factor but if you have done more in less time than other candidates, I can't imagine they will fault you for that.

Hey all! First time 644X applicant here! Trying to stay optimistic, but with only 10 years TIS....it's a toss up. I seem to be worried about that more than anything. Hoping to get the "S". Good luck to all. Should be an intersting month of waiitng!

Hubby is a 644x 10 year applicant as well (he hits 11 years in March I think). I can't remember if this is his second or third application. He's always been gone when results are released so I turn here for the up to date intel :) Good luck to you both!!

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Wifey Good luck to your husband as well!

Anyone got any predictions as to when the results will be out this year? Looks like they're going back to the late February release. I really can't wait any longer. I psyched myself out by reading the entire forum for last year. I learned alot about the process, but I also started to think about everything I could've done. I can't be the only one...lol

Guest YNC(SS)

Wifey Good luck to your husband as well!

Anyone got any predictions as to when the results will be out this year? Looks like they're going back to the late February release. I really can't wait any longer. I psyched myself out by reading the entire forum for last year. I learned alot about the process, but I also started to think about everything I could've done. I can't be the only one...lol

Late Feb is a good guess, but I think because the board went longer this year it will first week of March.  But I hope I'm wrong.

Bored while underway, so I did a little digging just for good measure...

Going back six years NPC released the AD component messages on the following dates. (For members of the Navy Reserve, the messages are released almost simultaneously):

- In 2009 the Message was released February 19th, 2009

- In 2010 the Message was released March 9th, 2010

- In 2011 the Message was released March 4th, 2011

- In 2012 the Message was released March 8th, 2012

- In 2013 the Message was released March 5th, 2013

- In 2014 the Message was released February 27th, 2014

- In 2015... ??