FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest ewith1999

Question:

If my Chain of Command doesn't notify me, are there are other ways to find out if I am or am not selected before it is made public?  Hope that I know some Chief's that see the message traffic?  I won't be able to check BOL myself as I will be so far into the wilderness on vacation from the 28th until the 5th. 

Guest asdfate

Question:

If my Chain of Command doesn't notify me, are there are other ways to find out if I am or am not selected before it is made public?  Hope that I know some Chief's that see the message traffic?  I won't be able to check BOL myself as I will be so far into the wilderness on vacation from the 28th until the 5th. 

This will likely be a pretty good source. Once one of us finds it, it'll get posted here.  It'll have to be leaked by someone on the command access list in order to see it before publication.  I do not know if BOL or NAC will post it before the public date, but the F5 key is pretty resilient!

Guest ewith1999

This will likely be a pretty good source. Once one of us finds it, it'll get posted here.  It'll have to be leaked by someone on the command access list in order to see it before publication.  I do not know if BOL or NAC will post it before the public date, but the F5 key is pretty resilient!

Thanks.  I am hoping my internet connection is ok in the backwoods...guess I will find out soon enough.

Guest ewith1999

My stomach is in knots. 

My chances are pretty good - ETC Reserves quota is higher than the last few years.  That said, I am hoping there wasn't a discrepancy that I missed in my record.  I caught a few things and made sure to send them in for the board.

I think I read something about this on this or the active forum:  does the board see the cover letter to your package?  I explained that changes were made in my record but that they weren't reflecting as of the date I emailed my package.  My fear is that the corrections were made to my record in between when I submitted my package and when the board convened. 

Guest asdfate

My stomach is in knots. 

My chances are pretty good - ETC Reserves quota is higher than the last few years.  That said, I am hoping there wasn't a discrepancy that I missed in my record.  I caught a few things and made sure to send them in for the board.

I think I read something about this on this or the active forum:  does the board see the cover letter to your package?  I explained that changes were made in my record but that they weren't reflecting as of the date I emailed my package.  My fear is that the corrections were made to my record in between when I submitted my package and when the board convened. 

I was told during my "rejection CDB" last year (by a recorder for that board) that they are required to read EVERYTHING you send in, including the cover letter.  I put stuff on there that would only go on evals, but were during the current period, and therefore not on the most recent eval in my record.

Guest PSjg78

What does your last name start with? It may be alphabetical clearing. Mine is W.

You guys are killin me today lol...... OMG this is going to be a hectic week... I just logged into LOPG to see if anything showed up in the "prospective" box lol (still blank).. that is how I found out I made PS1 at midnight :)  :)

Guest ewith1999

I was told during my "rejection CDB" last year (by a recorder for that board) that they are required to read EVERYTHING you send in, including the cover letter.  I put stuff on there that would only go on evals, but were during the current period, and therefore not on the most recent eval in my record.

Thanks.  I have read that they have read everything, but of course the award I resubmitted (award was from May 2013) was resubmitted twice! before it made it into my record right before the board convened.   LOL  My luck.

Guest asdfate

You guys are killin me today lol...... OMG this is going to be a hectic week... I just logged into LOPG to see if anything showed up in the "prospective" box lol (still blank).. that is how I found out I made PS1 at midnight :)  :)

What is that?

Guest PSjg78

I sure hope you're going to share that with us...

lol.. I cannot search by name it would be ss only so unless you know a PS or someone with access to it cant share anything except if I see SSSS with  PSC as prospective for myself ... honestly I think they got smart and started not uploading to MMPA/LOPG until after notification now but we shall see I will check it daily until results are out ...

Guest asdfate

lol.. I cannot search by name it would be ss only so unless you know a PS or someone with access to it cant share anything except if I see SSSS with  PSC as prospective for myself ... honestly I think they got smart and started not uploading to MMPA/LOPG until after notification now but we shall see I will check it daily until results are out ...

Since commands are getting notified first, I'll be calling up my cellphone voicemail every 5 minutes once I hear ppl are getting notified!

Guest PSjg78

Since commands are getting notified first, I'll be calling up my cellphone voicemail every 5 minutes once I hear ppl are getting notified!

The suspense is crazy this time of year!!! Wishing us all good luck!

Guest ewith1999

The Commands getting notified first makes me nervous, I have no Chief in my unit, and my CO and XO had no clue they would be notified first - would they have to log into BOL?

Guest PSjg78

The Commands getting notified first makes me nervous, I have no Chief in my unit, and my CO and XO had no clue they would be notified first - would they have to log into BOL?

yes they would log into BOL and get the results.. You can actually log in now and see if they have access for your UIC..

Guest asdfate

Yup.

Guest asdfate

Last name starts with a "B". In the past it hasn't taken long from when they clear out the past info to upload the results. But then again does the navy ever do any thing the same?

Has anyone else had their BOL board results cleared yet?  Also, you can go back to last year's forums and see when ppl started reporting cleared BOL and when they got results.

Guest FTS(PS)

Its gonna be nerve wrecking the day the results come out waiting for my phone to ring....because it rarely does...lol...what will more than likely happen is that they will wait until I come to work...call an all hands meeting and call out the Selects in front of everyone....They will be able to pinpoint the moment my heart breaks if i dont make it..lol

Guest USMCDR

At this point, I feel like vomiting pretty much all the time from nerves.

Its gonna be nerve wrecking the day the results come out waiting for my phone to ring....because it rarely does...lol...what will more than likely happen is that they will wait until I come to work...call an all hands meeting and call out the Selects in front of everyone....They will be able to pinpoint the moment my heart breaks if i dont make it..lol

Guest Mustang6235

However, if its like the SCPO board, they'll tell us 2 days prior to the commands getting the results. Which will make for a loooong 2 day wait.