FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest Sleeping Dog

Hello again,

Does anyone know how many EN'S and EM's are up this time around?

Good luck to all.

Thanks

Hi there Navymom2. For SELRES there were 71 EMC candidates and 11 quotas. For ENC, there were 30 candidates and 16 quotas. I hope this helps.

I wonder if the board members are being let  go for the holiday weekend or if they are pushing through.....In an effort to not sound selfish....Ill say I hope they push through....guess I failed at the whole not being selfish thing....lol

I was wondering the same exact thing.

Guest DOC83

Has anyone heard anything about when to expect the board results? I heard they'd be on time this year but can't find anything really showing when "on time" is...

Guest C. Donahue

Second time up for MAC. Don't understand how the quota system works. 4 MC's and 19 Seniors were selected, but only 1 quota for MAC.

Guest PSjg78

Yeah Buddy....I'm hoping for results around Mid June...but you're probably right about July....hoping for about 25 quotas

FTS as well... I hope they dont make us wait until July considering our board should be rapping up here soon if not already... I went back and they have been released in June in previous years so we shall see.. Good luck to you all..

Guest PSjg78

Good luck to all my FTS folks, especially the PSC hopefuls. Quotas are down by 5 as compared to last year but it's still better than all the other ratings. The rumor in the Mess is that results are expected to be released in early July but no later than the 10th. Some are even saying we could get results by July 4th. Hydrate and get your stuff squared away if you are selected.

This would make so much sense!!! I have been running and working out 6 days a week just preparing for selection.... We are down 5 but 10% advancement is still pretty good!!!! FTS PSC on the brain here :)

Guest Mustang6235

The active duty guys have had their boards in May/June last couple years and haven't been announced until August. I think the last time our board was in May, results came out in July. I don't think any of it is an exact science, but personally, Im thinking mid July at earliest.

The active duty guys have had their boards in May/June last couple years and haven't been announced until August. I think the last time our board was in May, results came out in July. I don't think any of it is an exact science, but personally, Im thinking mid July at earliest.

REGNAV boards are always held in June vice May. FTS/Selres boards historically convene in May as such this year with results being released mid to late June. Still holding true to my prediction of the week of the 30th barring the CNP being on travel.

Guest FTS(PS)

FTS as well... I hope they dont make us wait until July considering our board should be rapping up here soon if not already... I went back and they have been released in June in previous years so we shall see.. Good luck to you all..

i dont think the board will be wrapping up until at least the end of the first week of June.  There were a lot of zeros on the reserve side as far as quotas go, but with the holiday and all its hard to say if the board members got time off.  Making us wait until July would just be cruel...lol...but hey..there are some that didnt make board that have to wait until next June to find out..so i wont complain too much :unsure:

Guest PSjg78

i dont think the board will be wrapping up until at least the end of the first week of June.  There were a lot of zeros on the reserve side as far as quotas go, but with the holiday and all its hard to say if the board members got time off.  Making us wait until July would just be cruel...lol...but hey..there are some that didnt make board that have to wait until next June to find out..so i wont complain too much :unsure:

RIght!!!!! I guess we cant complain!!! Let the waiting game begin!!!! Im thinking first week of July results will be out ...

Guest Mustang6235

Board should wrap up end of next week. That wouldve gave em 3 weeks. Then assume 3-4 weeks for everything to be finalized and released, so yeah, I could see a late June early July release date.

Guest FTS(PS)

Board should wrap up end of next week. That wouldve gave em 3 weeks. Then assume 3-4 weeks for everything to be finalized and released, so yeah, I could see a late June early July release date.

I dont think it will take 3-4 weeks after the board is adjourned for them to get the results out because all it is after members are selected is a routing process.  Im thinking June 19th or 20th.

Guest FTS(PS)

Looking at last years.  Our board convened on July 11th and the results were released on August 26th....So I guess looking at a July 1 results date isnt that big of a stretch.  Just sucks knowing that we will have to suffer another month waiting on the results. Just gonna have to keep myself busy looking for ways to better my record.

Has anyone heard anything about when to expect the board results? I heard they'd be on time this year but can't find anything really showing when "on time" is...

At the moment, no one knows the exact date when results will be released. We try to speculate based on previous cycles. Even the MCPON cannot tell you today the exact date when results will be released. After the board adjourns, the results go through a variety of bureacratic processes before it even reaches the desk of the CNP. After the call-out with the CNP, results can be released a few minutes later. A call-out is when the boards president convinces the CNP that the board went smoothly, fairly and no leaks.

Guest FTS(PS)

I think the board should adjourn by Wednesday next week.

I sure do hope so....This week is gonna go super slow waiting on adjournment.  Ill be in Vegas all next week so that should take some of the edge off...lol...hopefully I come back to results.

Guest PSjg78

I sure do hope so....This week is gonna go super slow waiting on adjournment.  Ill be in Vegas all next week so that should take some of the edge off...lol...hopefully I come back to results.

How will we know that they have adjourned??? They dont post those results anywwhere do they

Guest FTS(PS)

How will we know that they have adjourned??? They dont post those results anywwhere do they

Ive usually found out through the forum.  It is usually the case of someone knowing of someone that went on orders on the same day and area that the board convenes.. with no end date to those orders...When said member returns...it is usually a good sign that the board has finished its deliberations....not the most accurate source of information.....but its information nonetheless...lol

Guest PSjg78

Yeah last yr some members got on here saying a master chief at their NOSC had turned in his travel claim....

Welllllll does anyone know anyone on the board lol...... if so let us know them travel claims are turned in :)  :)  :)

Welllllll does anyone know anyone on the board lol...... if so let us know them travel claims are turned in :)  :)  :)

I do know a few people on the board. I will advise once they return.

• Like 1