FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest Mustang6235

I do need to do the correspondence courses. Definitely need to get some of those in the precept knocked out.
But as far as college goes, I gave my wife some GI Bill to get through RN school, and what is left over goes to my kids. I should've knocked my bachelor degree out when I was AD, since nukes only need around 2 years of college to get a BS, but I didn't.....live and learn.

Guest amcreed

I do need to do the correspondence courses. Definitely need to get some of those in the precept knocked out.

But as far as college goes, I gave my wife some GI Bill to get through RN school, and what is left over goes to my kids. I should've knocked my bachelor degree out when I was AD, since nukes only need around 2 years of college to get a BS, but I didn't.....live and learn.

That's easier said than done.  Knocking out education is hard when you are always gone.  It's super stressful, but can be accomplished.  There is only so much shore duty you can have where time for education can be dedicated too or only so man ncpace courses that will count towards an actual degree.

Guest FTS(PS)

That's easier said than done.  Knocking out education is hard when you are always gone.  It's super stressful, but can be accomplished.  There is only so much shore duty you can have where time for education can be dedicated too or only so man ncpace courses that will count towards an actual degree.

The thing about it all is that the board will see all of that.  If a rate is sea going and all one can do is two or 3 courses a year, they will applaud that and say well hey at least this guy is actively pursuing this.  On shore duty it is expected to be done so merely having courses, depending on how long one has been on station, might not get you too far.  But please believe, EVERYTHING counts for something and nothing is impossible.  Do what you can...where you are....with what you have....and never be satisfied...because somewhere, someone is doing what someone else is thinking cant be done, and when those two records meet at the board...its a no brainer who will win out.

I Think Next Week Is Our Week...AC board convenes on Monday....Either Wednesday or Thursday for us

I hope you are right, but if I remember correctly the last time the board convened in May was for FY 12 and the results were released 08 JUL.

Guest FTS(PS)

I hope you are right, but if I remember correctly the last time the board convened in May was for FY 12 and the results were released 08 JUL.

That could be the case...but in the Navy...historical data counts for nothing when it comes to advancement results...lol...To be able to use those dates we have to first know when the board convened and when they adjourned.....I think this board went really quickly due to the fact that there were a lot of zeros when it came to quotas....The good thing is that NPC will let us know a couple of days before the results come out that they will be coming out...hopefully we get that message on Monday or Tuesday...

Guest FTS(PS)

My Mess is saying that we should have them prior to July 4

I think that would only make sense that they release them prior to the 4th of July....I can't imagine what the holdup would be....Im really thinking next week..but I've been wrong before and will undoubtedly be wrong again....lol....I just hope not about this....I just wish they had something like the pizza tracker on some these delivery sites that could tell us where the results were in the process...

Guest amcreed

I think that would only make sense that they release them prior to the 4th of July....I can't imagine what the holdup would be....Im really thinking next week..but I've been wrong before and will undoubtedly be wrong again....lol....I just hope not about this....I just wish they had something like the pizza tracker on some these delivery sites that could tell us where the results were in the process...

I can see the headline now.....US Navy partners with Domino's Pizza utilizing its tracking software to illustrate status of Selection Board results!

Guest FTS(PS)

And so here we are....another new week upon us....This will easily be ten times harder than last week....lol...we KNEW the results weren't coming out last week....lol...Could be any day now...Very soon 628 lives....and Careers will change for the better...

Guest PSjg78

And so here we are....another new week upon us....This will easily be ten times harder than last week....lol...we KNEW the results weren't coming out last week....lol...Could be any day now...Very soon 628 lives....and Careers will change for the better...

This is to intense for me lol... Im going to lose my mind this week starting today...... checking NPC on a regular waiting on the release of notification to the COC .... let the wait begin.. our AD counterparts showtime starts today......

Guest FTS(PS)

This is to intense for me lol... Im going to lose my mind this week starting today...... checking NPC on a regular waiting on the release of notification to the COC .... let the wait begin.. our AD counterparts showtime starts today......

I need to make it this time....I dont thik that I can go through another year of this....lol...Maybe it builds character or something

Guest PSjg78

I need to make it this time....I dont thik that I can go through another year of this....lol...Maybe it builds character or something

Love it builds character lol..... or like my seadaddy tells me all the time... " Its challenging you " smh... ohhh boy have work to do between today and tomorrow before starting leave on Wednesday and I cant think straight lol.... this is going to be the longest 2 days of my life ;)

Guest FTS(PS)

Love it builds character lol..... or like my seadaddy tells me all the time... " Its challenging you " smh... ohhh boy have work to do between today and tomorrow before starting leave on Wednesday and I cant think straight lol.... this is going to be the longest 2 days of my life ;)

My leave doesnt start until Tuesday....(sigh)....I should have put the 30th on there...lol....20/20 hindsight...Im just glad the weekend is over because sitting around the house was torture...lol

Gents i honestly feel next week is our week as i predicted in prior pages of our forum however i would love for this week to be our week lol. My leave starts Wednesday with my son coming into town. He will keep me busy until the results hit the street. Once again good luck to all.

Guest asdfate

I just heard TUESDAY next week!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmm now back to work I go lol

Unless it was from the Chief of the Navy Reserve, I wouldn't but too much weight behind that.

Guest PSjg78

Unless it was from the Chief of the Navy Reserve, I wouldn't but too much weight behind that.

Well the Force did say we will have results by the holiday... next Tuesday is the 1st ..... we shall see......

Guest FTS(PS)

LoL.....I would bet my next paycheck on the fact that they will be out before the 4th of July.....I just cant imagine them releasing them anytime after the 3rd.  The selects will have to make those initial phone calls and get guidance on what is to come....everyone will be on leave if they wait too long.

Guest asdfate

LoL.....I would bet my next paycheck on the fact that they will be out before the 4th of July.....I just cant imagine them releasing them anytime after the 3rd.  The selects will have to make those initial phone calls and get guidance on what is to come....everyone will be on leave if they wait too long.

I asked the question of the Chief's Mess last DWE; If the results come out [next week], are they going to hold the family meet and greet over the holiday weekend, when there are likely going to be a lot of people gone, or will they hold of a week? (which is DWE again for us, which is nice when you're not local).  Of course, they didn't know yet.  I figure with results seemingly coming out so early and season starting right away for the first time (instead of waiting for AD results to be released), they could afford to wait a week.  But who knows?

Guest asdfate

Results must be coming out very soon. I just checked and my BOL account has been updated. They removed last cycles information. I am starting to think no later then wednesday.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

My 'N' is still there...

Guest asdfate

My "N" from last cycle went away and it says "No selection results at this time" that means that they are currently clearing out the old data and updating the system.  

What does your last name start with? It may be alphabetical clearing. Mine is W.