FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest Sleeping Dog

Well, in all probability, my LTB was a paperwork drill this year, as AO is at 228%. Anybody ever heard of quotas in that overmanned of a rate?

Now, the wait for Precepts and quotas...

Keep the faith...stranger things have happened. By the way, the FY-15 Precept was released a while ago here:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/reserveenlisted/Pages/CPOSelectionBoards.aspx

Good luck!

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/reserveenlisted/Pages/CPOSelectionBoards.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mustang6235

I probably cost myself any shot this year. Noticed I have a 1 day continuity gap several weeks ago. Sent the correction sheet to pers, and thinking it would be handled, didn't do a LTB. Still hasn't been put in OMPF. Called last week and was told to wait until this week and call back. Now this week is the " We are extremely busy, hang up and call back later" message. That 1 dang day gonna bite me. Only myself to blame though.

Guest FTS(PS)

Quotas should be out by 21 May 14 and my guess for results would be 1 Jul 14. Any other FTS personnel on this thread?

Yeah Buddy....I'm hoping for results around Mid June...but you're probably right about July....hoping for about 25 quotas

Guest FTS(PS)

i dont know.  i think that the quotas will make me feel one of two ways:

1.  There will be more quotas than I thought and I will be excited, yet nervous thinking about how I would feel if I didnt make it with there being so many quotas.

or

2.  There will be very few quotas and even though I like my chances I wouldnt be able to help but think negatively about them being that there are so few.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to worry about such things.

i dont know.  i think that the quotas will make me feel one of two ways:

1.  There will be more quotas than I thought and I will be excited, yet nervous thinking about how I would feel if I didnt make it with there being so many quotas.

or

2.  There will be very few quotas and even though I like my chances I wouldnt be able to help but think negatively about them being that there are so few.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to worry about such things.

I can understand both feelings but my advise to you is to keep the mindset that all YOU need is ONE quota. Your record and all you've done will get you that ONE coveted quota.
  • Like 1

Guest FTS(PS)

Does FTS compete with us Sel Res or do you guys just compete with other FTS dudes?

We compete amongst our FTS counterparts....I'm going up against 105 people with 15 quotas....we went from from 30 to 20 to this....I need to make it before it gets any uglier..

We compete amongst our FTS counterparts....I'm going up against 105 people with 15 quotas....we went from from 30 to 20 to this....I need to make it before it gets any uglier..

I can assure you from what I've been briefed while on a short stop to D.C. was this is the doing from the FY13 CPO board when the quotas WOW does my butt stink or what?!? Holy mother of pearl, wait and pause as I go take a shower - will be right back (curtsy exit left) through the roof due to ERB. To smooth things over there had to be a period of low promotion to stabilize opportunities. As I mentioned before all you need is one quota and you're good.

Tony I think the forum has a glitch... I didn't post that by the way.

no glitch, take a peek at the guidelines please. I was going to do my ol' standard joke but I'm a little under the weather so you got lucky.  :P

Good luck to all my FTS folks, especially the PSC hopefuls. Quotas are down by 5 as compared to last year but it's still better than all the other ratings. The rumor in the Mess is that results are expected to be released in early July but no later than the 10th. Some are even saying we could get results by July 4th. Hydrate and get your stuff squared away if you are selected.

Guest FTS(PS)

Good luck to all my FTS folks, especially the PSC hopefuls. Quotas are down by 5 as compared to last year but it's still better than all the other ratings. The rumor in the Mess is that results are expected to be released in early July but no later than the 10th. Some are even saying we could get results by July 4th. Hydrate and get your stuff squared away if you are selected.

I'm certainly hoping for a June release....but you're probably right on the July timeframe....Just gotta keep working as if I hadn't made board at all....hopefully the time flies by

Guest cap3912

Is it just me, or is the public.navy.mil site always down?  If someone has access can you please post the quotas. Thank you.

Is it just me, or is the public.navy.mil site always down?  If someone has access can you please post the quotas. Thank you.

I had the same issue yesterday. From the looks of things the website is back online.

So you added that text in my post? Don't see how I violated guidelines and needed whatever that was that you threw in my text.

I did not "add that text". It was inserted automatically when you violated the guidelines - twice. And you do not see how you violated the guidelines because you did not read them. This is the third time I have had to stop what I am doing because it appears you want to dictate how this forum is run.  <_<

Guest FTS(PS)

I wonder if the board members are being let  go for the holiday weekend or if they are pushing through.....In an effort to not sound selfish....Ill say I hope they push through....guess I failed at the whole not being selfish thing....lol