FY15 Reserve Chief Selection Board

Guest asdfate

Yeah....Im prepping for in case I don't make it...Start my second bachelors in July....been all over Navy Cool grabbing civilian certifications..working on my second MOVSM....Im to the point where im just going back and doing the same things over again...lol...the only new thing I can get is my MTS....and Im hoping to make it this time so that I can use that for an officer/CWO package or Senior Chief.  This wait is about to kill me...Knowing that the board is out is nerve wrecking.

If you want to be an officer and have a degree, then you're only hurting yourself by waiting until you're "more ready" to apply.  I applied 3 times for DCO before I got picked up in March (still waiting for bureaucratic paperwork stuff), but I thought I'd never make it (not great GPA, no Master's degree, etc.)  They like to see you take the rejection, improve, and re-apply.

Congratulations on getting picked up for DCO.  That's outstanding!  Any pointers you could share would be greatly appreciated.  I applied for the HR DCO program last year and was not selected :(  You're probably right about the board wanting to see how you take the rejection, improving your packet and then re-applying...  I understand the HR program is extremely competitive.  

Took the YNC test for the first time, made board, now I'm waiting like the rest of you.... quotas are depressing.  Good luck to all! 

Guest asdfate

Congratulations on getting picked up for DCO.  That's outstanding!  Any pointers you could share would be greatly appreciated.  I applied for the HR DCO program last year and was not selected :(  You're probably right about the board wanting to see how you take the rejection, improving your packet and then re-applying...  I understand the HR program is extremely competitive.  

Took the YNC test for the first time, made board, now I'm waiting like the rest of you.... quotas are depressing.  Good luck to all! 

The only advice I have to give is to keep trying. Once your package is done, there isn't much to do to resubmit.  I know several DCOs, and none of them made it on their first try.

Guest PSjg78

Yeah....Im prepping for in case I don't make it...Start my second bachelors in July....been all over Navy Cool grabbing civilian certifications..working on my second MOVSM....Im to the point where im just going back and doing the same things over again...lol...the only new thing I can get is my MTS....and Im hoping to make it this time so that I can use that for an officer/CWO package or Senior Chief.  This wait is about to kill me...Knowing that the board is out is nerve wrecking

And that is all we can do!!!!! I will not go OCS because I really dont want to give up my FTS designation, with that said, this is also my last look for LDO so I will be applying this year again if I get selected I might just wait a year and apply for CWO... Would like to wear those anchors for at least a year :) !!  Im so excited for us all... this time of year is always so nerve wrecking!!!! 

Guest FTS(PS)

And that is all we can do!!!!! I will not go OCS because I really dont want to give up my FTS designation, with that said, this is also my last look for LDO so I will be applying this year again if I get selected I might just wait a year and apply for CWO... Would like to wear those anchors for at least a year :) !!  Im so excited for us all... this time of year is always so nerve wrecking!!!! 

lol...its amazing how this time of year....i dont look forward to weekends because theres nothing to do but sit around and think about when the results will be out....I hope this is my year....so I can start waiting for other results.....AND NO MORE TESTS....LOL.....

First time up for me and now I'm realizing the severe anxiety others have went through before me. Im managing due to an IG Inspection next week and my son coming in town the next but my oh my have these butterflies in my stomach have picked up some steam lol.

Guest PSjg78

lol...its amazing how this time of year....i dont look forward to weekends because theres nothing to do but sit around and think about when the results will be out....I hope this is my year....so I can start waiting for other results.....AND NO MORE TESTS....LOL.....

OMG yes I checked this forum all weekend long lol... the anxiety is definitely in full gear now... we are about 3 weeks away from results!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest FTS(PS)

OMG yes I checked this forum all weekend long lol... the anxiety is definitely in full gear now... we are about 3 weeks away from results!!!! :rolleyes:

3 weeks...lol...Im hoping more like 1-1 1/2...lol...How can it possibly take that long to route results up the chain? They have had a week already....it just sucks to know that all this waiting could be for nothing....

Guest PSjg78

3 weeks...lol...Im hoping more like 1-1 1/2...lol...How can it possibly take that long to route results up the chain? They have had a week already....it just sucks to know that all this waiting could be for nothing....

Its not for nothing lol... I hear it takes them about a week just to type up the names....Im thinking July 3rd ...... crossing fingers... Im just curious how they are going to handle this because there is only 2 of us FTS here at this command the rest are all Active duty .... will they make us start before them????

Guest asdfate

Its not for nothing lol... I hear it takes them about a week just to type up the names....Im thinking July 3rd ...... crossing fingers... Im just curious how they are going to handle this because there is only 2 of us FTS here at this command the rest are all Active duty .... will they make us start before them????

I asked that question last DWE.  For us (SELRES), phase II starts when the names come out for SELRES.  Maybe its a command-level thing.  I'm betting July 3rd as well.

Guest amcreed

I'm AD at an AD command and have a FTS YN1 that is up for it.  His YNC is also FTS.  He has been giving him a hard time about it already, but according the YNC, if he picks up, he'll be a selectee, but won't technically start training till the AD folks results come out.  Which means, he'll be getting jack around for roughly a month longer.....

Guest FTS(PS)

I'm AD at an AD command and have a FTS YN1 that is up for it.  His YNC is also FTS.  He has been giving him a hard time about it already, but according the YNC, if he picks up, he'll be a selectee, but won't technically start training till the AD folks results come out.  Which means, he'll be getting jack around for roughly a month longer.....

Yep....Pretty much what you said.  The reality is that there is only ONE course that is REQUIRED to be pinned to Chief.  So everything else is pretty much just to teach valuable lessons or train.  So with that being said...The FTS will start and the AD guys will have to catch up.  Now as far as being at a NOSC...There really wont be any real training until two weeks before pinning when the command will ship the selects to the nearest large Naval facility/installation to complete the final process.  At least thats how it is in the Midwest region.

Guest PSjg78

Yep....Pretty much what you said.  The reality is that there is only ONE course that is REQUIRED to be pinned to Chief.  So everything else is pretty much just to teach valuable lessons or train.  So with that being said...The FTS will start and the AD guys will have to catch up.  Now as far as being at a NOSC...There really wont be any real training until two weeks before pinning when the command will ship the selects to the nearest large Naval facility/installation to complete the final process.  At least thats how it is in the Midwest region.

Asked my Senior Chief this morning and he said we would probably get our selectee name tag and be "training" until the AD results post... So great for us, if we both pick up we will be running around waiting for our counterparts lol...

Guest FTS(PS)

Why do you think that??!!!

lol..because its an easy prediction....We all know they wont be out before next wednesday.....so anytime after that is a very fair assumption...lol

Guest PSjg78

lol..because its an easy prediction....We all know they wont be out before next wednesday.....so anytime after that is a very fair assumption...lol

AHHHHHHH the suspense lol.

Guest ewith1999

First time up for me and now I'm realizing the severe anxiety others have went through before me. Im managing due to an IG Inspection next week and my son coming in town the next but my oh my have these butterflies in my stomach have picked up some steam lol.

Constant butterflies. First time up here also, how in the world can I do this again?  Ugh.

The Chiefs at my NOSC are hoping for late June/right before the 4th. 

When Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell visited my base in April, he said he expects results to be out by July 4th. I believe him.

Guest asdfate

Our NOSC teams up with other ones in the region and do it all together.  We go on orders for the week before pinning in order to complete CPOLC and the "night (which is now day, since it gets cut off by midnight) of" pinning.  But the CMC/SEL can decline to pin you/accept you into the mess, in which case you won't pin until you get paid, and you get to do it next year. So really, the course is required by policy, but the CMC has to accept you in order for you to not waste your families travel time and money:)

Guest ewith1999

When Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell visited my base in April, he said he expects results to be out by July 4th. I believe him.

We haven't had a visit, but I am pretty sure that is why they are saying by the 4th...but as we all know, things can happen to delay that...