Guest ASWife

I am feeling awful right now... I had promised myself that I would keep my husband on the ground, in case of another disappointment like last year, and yet I realize that I may have actually contributed to bring his hopes up. I feel horrible because, if in about one hour, he gets bad news, I may be responsible for an even bigger disappointment. 😔 I am not very happy with myself right now. Sorry if I made any mistake or misspelling. I am typing in a hurry while at work and I dont have time to proofread. Plus my brain is on overload at the moment. 

Guest MannyTheET
1 minute ago, STG1SW said:

1 hour left. Having a beer and trying to be patient.

I can’t even drink or anything... my stomach is doing the thing....

***woooosaaaaaah***

Guest STG1SW
4 minutes ago, MannyTheET said:

I can’t even drink or anything... my stomach is doing the thing....

***woooosaaaaaah***

Fifth time up and try every year to not get anxious or too confident so I don't get a let down and I fail every time. Last year was rough because they announced it at an all hands call so we who didn't make it had to internalize the let down and congratulate those who did. It wasn't easy haha. At least this year they say they are calling us tonight.

Guest MannyTheET
Just now, STG1SW said:

Fifth time up and try every year to not get anxious or too confident so I don't get a let down and I fail every time. Last year was rough because they announced it at an all hands call so we who didn't make it had to internalize the let down and congratulate those who did. It wasn't easy haha. At least this they say they are calling us tonight.

I think it’s impossible not to get anxious, if you really want it. Its like that boxer that went 12 rounds and is waiting for the scoreboard to be tallied, to get the arm up or not.

Guest STG1SW
Just now, MannyTheET said:

I think it’s impossible not to get anxious, if you really want it. Its like that boxer that went 12 rounds and is waiting for the scoreboard to be tallied, to get the arm up or not.

Yes haha. Just ordered some dinner that should take me through at least til the triad has the results. Well as long as there aren't any glitches with websites or IP services. 🙃

Guest MRSOS1SWAWEXW
18 minutes ago, ASWife said:

I am feeling awful right now... I had promised myself that I would keep my husband on the ground, in case of another disappointment like last year, and yet I realize that I may have actually contributed to bring his hopes up. I feel horrible because, if in about one hour, he gets bad news, I may be responsible for an even bigger disappointment. 😔 I am not very happy with myself right now. Sorry if I made any mistake or misspelling. I am typing in a hurry while at work and I dont have time to proofread. Plus my brain is on overload at the moment. 

Sorry you all have to wait so long. I would definitely want to know at 11:01. Don’t feel guilty if he doesn’t make it and you boosted him up. That is our job as spouses. I’m sure he is a winner to you no matter what! 

I texted my Husband a few minutes ago and let him know that no matter what the outcome I am completely proud of him. From here on, good news or bad I am gonna let him do all of the talking. If it’s an N, I don’t want him replaying different situations and scenarios and having those shoulda coulda woulda’s due to my questioning .  

8 minutes ago, ASWife said:

I feel horrible because, if in about one hour, he gets bad news, I may be responsible for an even bigger disappointment. 

You don’t have any more control over the outcome than he does and it is a spouse’s job to be supportive. It’s natural for everyone to get their hopes up. Last cycle, about 5 master chiefs reviewed my package and every single one of them had sat boards before and every single one of them said it was one of the best they’d ever seen. Well, I’m here now. Talk about getting hopes up. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just be there for your spouse. In case it’s not an S, just be there. Don’t talk, don’t console, just be present and listen. Especially in the first few days, don’t fall into the overly optimistic spiral. Not getting selected is almost a type of loss. They need time to grieve what might have been before they can accept it and move forward. All you have to do is be present. That will be enough. Best of luck! 

Guest STG1SW
5 minutes ago, PRpeb said:

Not getting selected is almost a type of loss. They need time to grieve what might have been before they can accept it and move forward. All you have to do is be present. That will be enough. Best of luck! 

Outstanding advice.

Guest CTRCSouth
On 8/5/2018 at 8:13 PM, THEORDNANCMAN said:

So I’ve been stuck on the fence this whole time, but I’m to the point when the results come out that if I don’t get that  magical “S” my first question will be, “ What else do I need to do “? The feeling of not being selected will just make me heated to the point that I don’t want to deal with anyone. We shall see in the next 48. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hopefully you do get the "S", but if you do get the N the best route is to reach out to the Master Chief in your rate that sat the board and ask them to review your record and let you know what they think you need to improve on. I did this my first year up and was picked up the next. 

Guest ASWife
23 minutes ago, MRSOS1SWAWEXW said:

Sorry you all have to wait so long. I would definitely want to know at 11:01. Don’t feel guilty if he doesn’t make it and you boosted him up. That is our job as spouses. I’m sure he is a winner to you no matter what! 

I texted my Husband a few minutes ago and let him know that no matter what the outcome I am completely proud of him. From here on, good news or bad I am gonna let him do all of the talking. If it’s an N, I don’t want him replaying different situations and scenarios and having those shoulda coulda woulda’s due to my questioning .  

Thank you so much! You are totally right. He is a winner to me every single day, no matter what 😊

Guest ASWife
24 minutes ago, PRpeb said:

You don’t have any more control over the outcome than he does and it is a spouse’s job to be supportive. It’s natural for everyone to get their hopes up. Last cycle, about 5 master chiefs reviewed my package and every single one of them had sat boards before and every single one of them said it was one of the best they’d ever seen. Well, I’m here now. Talk about getting hopes up. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just be there for your spouse. In case it’s not an S, just be there. Don’t talk, don’t console, just be present and listen. Especially in the first few days, don’t fall into the overly optimistic spiral. Not getting selected is almost a type of loss. They need time to grieve what might have been before they can accept it and move forward. All you have to do is be present. That will be enough. Best of luck! 

I cannot Express how much I appreciate your words. I will definitely follow your advice. Good luck to you!!! 

Good luck everyone. I remember being in all your shoes 2 years ago. Even though I’m crossing over to the “dark side” I will never forget my roots. Those selected, enjoy it. Those of you who will be chosen next year, keep taking care of your Sailors. Those who ride of into the sunset, your Sailors and the future of the Navy will be better because of what you did.

Guest Sparky_85
1 minute ago, SK2006 said:

I'm in Japan now. My captain just called me in the middle of the night and said there is no reason to call you unless you made chief. I got the S.

What command? I am stationed in Japan to but currently on leave on the states. I have no access to anything.