19 minutes ago, cscs(ret)2010 said:

Congrats to those who were selected. To all that did not get selected, keep your head up high and continue to take care of your Sailors and the mission. Your time will come. I personally know from experience. Was selected for Chief first time up but was at 16 yrs when selected. Was selected for SCPO on 8th time elegible, 6 months from HYT.  Take some time to reflect, sit down with command leadership and go back to the drawing board.  Good Luck.

Nice post @cscs(ret)2010 

Guest ET1 SS

Department Chief called the office.  8th N in a row.  327 days til DD214.  Feel free to delete my account as I will most likely not log in ever again.  Congrats to everyone who made it.  Don’t forget who you were.

Guest Sailor wife and mom
2 hours ago, Googleman23 said:

I did not make it. It was my second time and it was due to quotas. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and hope for the best next year. 

I'm sorry to hear that Googleman23, keep your chin up and keep on pursuing those anchors.  Better luck the next go round.  🙂

Guest Riverine Rat

Don’t know why it double posted but edited so we all good. Congratulations once again to all. One more year for me to do this all over again. Hopefully 8th time will be my time at 16 years in

Guest Admin_warrior

Got the N for the third time. I truly believe everything happens for a reason, I will make it in gods timing. Congrats to all selected!

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009

I finally got the "S"! Thanks Tony for this forum! Been on it for the past 3 years and enjoyed every second of it! Great info! Good luck to all! 

Guest DeepCLeprechaun35

Anyone ever had issues with two different commands that your supposedly attached to not have your results? 

2 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

I finally got the "S"! Thanks Tony for this forum! Been on it for the past 3 years and enjoyed every second of it! Great info! Good luck to all! 

Thank you kindly, I hope you will be able to continue your visits.

Congratulations!

Guest cscs(ret)2010
2 hours ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

I got the S! After 5 tries, I finally made the cut. Thanks to everyone here who has shared conversations, support, and advice.

Congratulations!!

Hope you return.

Guest cscs(ret)2010
10 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Congratulations!

Guest cscs(ret)2010
19 minutes ago, Admin_warrior said:

Got the N for the third time. I truly believe everything happens for a reason, I will make it in gods timing. Congrats to all selected!

Sorry to hear but continue mentoring your sailors. your time will come.

R/

CSCS

Guest cscs(ret)2010
1 hour ago, Tpak said:

This is my husband's 5th time up and he got the S! Hang in there everyone. Best of luck to all.

Congratulations! Best of luck

Guest Ayylmao
Just now, Tony said:

Wow sorry, must have a great command...

I'm in school so the uic notified is a wierd command in MD with me as the only eligible on the statistics. The military rep isn't answering his phone but I assume the triad here, if there is one isn't signed up or expecting my results. Sucks

Guest Romeo Sierra One

Second time up and second "N". Authorized to wear one gold star in lieu of second award on Non Selectee ribbon. On a serious note, congratulations on all who got selected.

I was selected this year. It has been a wild couple of weeks with all the rumors flying around, and I am glad it's over. Congrats to those who were selected as well. To those who were not, keep your head held high and your eyes on the horizon.

• Cool 1

Guest OJ451

8th N in a row.  98% on the test every time,  18 Years, 3 ships In different locations, LPO, Dept LPO, SW/AW, MOVSM, MWR coordinator, Million other collaterals, Recruiting duty, top in all classes, 5 deployments, FCPOA and CPO 365 involvement, every brilliant on basics check mark, Humanitarian work, NATO involvement, all the quals I can get, Outstanding PRT’s, never failed weigh ins, Associates Degree, 100% all certifications, created new technology that has been fielded to ships,  All the PME and SJPME,  No NJP, and more.  

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?  Someone throw me a nugget on what to add to the list to get selected because I’m running out of time.

Guest Riverine Rat
3 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

8th N in a row.  98% on the test every time,  18 Years, 3 ships In different locations, LPO, Dept LPO, SW/AW, MOVSM, MWR coordinator, Million other collaterals, Recruiting duty, top in all classes, 5 deployments, FCPOA and CPO 365 involvement, every brilliant on basics check mark, Humanitarian work, NATO involvement, all the quals I can get, Outstanding PRT’s, never failed weigh ins, Associates Degree, 100% all certifications, created new technology that has been fielded to ships,  All the PME and SJPME,  No NJP, and more.  

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?  Someone throw me a nugget on what to add to the list to get selected because I’m running out of time.

I feel you! Same on my end and evals show command involvement, taking care of sailors etc. I’m frustrated that no one can tell me what I’m need to do. No offense to anyone in this category but I’m tired of seeing first time up or second get selected who have no leadership positions or who’s records can even come close to half of what I have done or have accomplished. Everyone says it just wasn’t your year. Well when is it going to be My year! Tired of doing everything everyone says you need to do to get selected only to not get selected and no guidance. I am happy for all who get selected but I am not doing this just because I enjoy being a FCPO! I want to move up and help contribute to the Mess and Navy as I know I can. Since Chief seems to be escaping me I will try my luck with an OCS application and go the Officer path. I’m tired of being stuck as an E-6 after 8 years. Half my time in the Navy I have been an E-6 and it’s time to move up. And since no one can give me any direction other than keep doing what your doing, I will do it my way. It’s apparent that doing what I am doing is not working because I have not been selected yet. Every Chief through Master Chief who has looked my record over is at a loss which tells me there is more that goes on at the board than they want to tell us. Stepping off my soap box now!

9 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

Seriously though!  I’m right there with you. Checks in every box I can think of any more always going above and beyond but it’s just not happening. So this contacting the board thing? Do people really do this? How and what would you say to not sound like a sore loser? But I really would like to see what more I can do.  Everyone I work with and for has been disappointed each time results come out and I have an N instead of an S.  Seems like no one around me can help explain why? Congratulations! many of the people that got it deserve it one way or another but I’d be lying to say I’m not a little better right now.  At this point I’m truly thinking it’s time in. They say it’s not supposed to count against you but that’s the only thing these people seem to have that I don’t.   Seems like I’m being penalized for doing well in my early years.  Excuse my rant 🤔🤔

For Selectees who want access to the Selectee/ Chief's forum, when the public release comes out contact me. That will be the best way to do it. For current Chiefs, the instructions are on the front page in that section. I have seen the emails and PMs and there is simply no way I can respond. When things slow down I'll be able to look again but the instructions are on that page and that is what should be used.