FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest TM1/SS

I got the "S" first time up, after being busted down to E5 in 2014. Miracles do happen! To all that were selected good luck in the next 6 weeks, and to those that got passed over this year, keep doing what youre doing, if your improving the lives of your sailors and of your command, it will come. 

Theres a lot more to my story than this being the first time, any submarine weapons type have read the messages about it, I'm sure. But I guess the morale of my post, is dont let one mistake you made shut you down, keep striving to be the best, better than the next guy, and my personal motto since my NJP has always been to never let anyone tell me NO. 

Guest Intel
3 hours ago, Riverine Rat said:

And if my evals say what my sailors have accomplished (2 LT, 1 Chief) I have helped train and lead in recruiting as an NC Officer Recruiter and past evals as an AO production LPO of 126 sailors and LPO Riverine Squadron Two of 56 sailors. What than? What else do can I do to show the board I am helping Sailors/ Future Sailors (Officers) and the Navy the only things I can do for myself at this point is MOVSM and my Masters Degree. So I am past me, but I will say there needs to be something I am missing if I haven’t been selected after 7 looks. 

I submitted my masters degree this year.  Not sure how much weight it had, but something seemed to work.

Guest AVI-Tech

Well I got the good news, ATC(sel). Congrats to those other that picked up and for those that didn’t make it keep your nose to the grind stone. Make this year better than the last and it will come!

Guest ASWife
10 hours ago, SK2006 said:

I'm in Japan now. My captain just called me in the middle of the night and said there is no reason to call you unless you made chief. I got the S.

Congratulations!!!

Guest ASWife

Hello everyone, it's been a very intense day but hubby finally got the S!!! ASC (Sel) in the house @AS1(AW/SW/IW)! I am so proud of him, words cannot even express the joy I feel in my heart to see him achieve his dream. Now I have to put on my big boy pants and make sure I stay as supportive as I possibly can, while taking care of moving into a new house in less than 2 weeks. It shall be fun. LOL

On another note, I want to let all the non-selected and their significant others know that they are not alone. I am personally putting myself out there for anyone who needs a word of encouragement or someone to vent to. I am not too knowledgeable on military stuff, but I have been in that position before and I know what it feels like. Take time to grieve and heal (you are absolutely entitled to) and then roll your sleeves and then get right back to it stronger and more motivated than ever. :5201:

Guest Clampdown Master

Got the “S” today! DCC(sel). First year registering on this forum after years of lurking. It’s been a long day already but thank you for all the advice I’ve consumed on this forum thus far. To those who didn’t get the “S” I’ve got hope that you’ll get selected next year. 

Guest PO14Life

So it’s funny(not really) that I had spoke about how I would hate to hear the results in from of my fellow firsts. They decided to do an all hands call... and I got the N. 😭

Guest ASWife
3 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

So it’s funny(not really) that I had spoke about how I would hate to hear the results in from of my fellow firsts. They decided to do an all hands call... and I got the N.

Oh no :29_128:Perhaps next year you'll get pulled to the side and given the good news ;) You got this!

Congratulations again too all selected I didn’t make it head still high.. Asking you guys to be my sounding board for a min. I’m PCSing in oct  after being at my current command over 5 years going to recruiting duty but I’m getting info from my cpo and IT master chief to stay until nov to get another solid ranked transfer EP instead of a 1 of 1 transfer EP, last year I got a EP as well and ranked pretty high, and this year a good possibility to go up for SSOY  year. Any advice should I  reach to detailer to give me another month and risk possibly losing my good station or move on with my career.

• Like 1

Guest CyberIT

So, I've been lurking for years now, off and on, honestly i never really thought i would even stay in this long (14 years now, and every enlistment i was planning on gettin out), but here i am. So this was my fourth time up, and at first i really didn't have my heart into it, so it showed i suppose in my leadership, but as for my job, I've always gone above and beyond to be the best i could be. But over the last 2 years, i've really gone hard to make a difference in my leading / following ( I see them as one in the same) tactics, and today i got the "S". My Triad, and about 4 other Chiefs surrounded me, and i knew, but at the same time i was so surprised, i actually asked the CO when he said i made it, "are you serious"? At this point, i'm still in shock, but at the same time ready for this new chapter in my life. Congrats to all those that made it, and Keep your head up to those that didn't. 

Guest crazdsquirel

Hello everyone!  My husband was selected!  I'm so excited and proud of him for sticking with it for the past 6 years!  Congratulations to all the selectees, and for those that didn't make it this year- keep your head up and stay strong.

Guest Yamzi-USN
2 hours ago, SH1(SW/AW/IW) said:

Congratulations again too all selected I didn’t make it head still high.. Asking you guys to be my sounding board for a min. I’m PCSing in oct  after being at my current command over 5 years going to recruiting duty but I’m getting info from my cpo and IT master chief to stay until nov to get another solid ranked transfer EP instead of a 1 of 1 transfer EP, last year I got a EP as well and ranked pretty high, and this year a good possibility to go up for SSOY  year. Any advice should I  reach to detailer to give me another month and risk possibly losing my good station or move on with my career.

I’d be honest with you. I see you are an SH. You need all the things that will make you get there. You will sacrifice alot to make it as SHC. If I were you, I’d stay, get another solid eval and SSOY possibly. Like I said, SH is one though rate to get advanced. 

Guest IT guy

Out here in Germany and my HQ is in DC so didn’t get any info till 2200 at night here. Got the “S”. ITC(SEL)!!!4th time eligible but never made board til this year. Congrats to all who made it and for those who didn’t keep pushing.  There is a lot of good info on this forum, wish I would have have found this place earlie. For those that have questions about evals, I can tell you the one thing I did was stop making it about me and start making it about my sailors/command and  their accomplishements. Like advancement, SOQ wins, and qualifications, ships deployment, 3MI and insurv results.  Me  only went in block 44. Nothing on the last two write ups have been about me. FYI  I only have one EP out of 5 evals, but my block 43’s are also simple and easy to read with amazing opening and closing statements. Just my two cents.. because from what I’ve seen as far as personal accomplishments I don’t hold a candle to a lot of you guys on here.

Guest STGMA1
10 hours ago, Pebz said:

I’m thinking evals are my weak spot. If any selectees are willing to send me some examples of their recent evals, pm me I’ll give you my email 🤔 I don’t know how much good it will do. My commands always chop them to poop but it’s worth a look. 

Send me email addy.. I have a large collection of evals on 1st classes the last year before being selected 

Guest PO Theo

Second year as a non-select. Our CMC called every single board eligible Sailor and told them whether or not they were selected. He wouldn't even release the list to the Chief's mess until he was done. Top notch CMC right there. He will also hold CDBs for everyone that was not selected (I know they're supposed to do this, but it definitely didn't happen last year). 

Congratulations to everyone that made it. Good luck to you all!

2 hours ago, PO Theo said:

Second year as a non-select. Our CMC called every single board eligible Sailor and told them whether or not they were selected. He wouldn't even release the list to the Chief's mess until he was done. Top notch CMC right there. He will also hold CDBs for everyone that was not selected (I know they're supposed to do this, but it definitely didn't happen last year). 

Congratulations to everyone that made it. Good luck to you all!

The CO personally pulled those of us on stay back aside to make sure we knew we didn't make it.  First time in 8 boards something like that has happened.  I only liked it, because it shows how much the CO cares about his people.  I'm sure when he flies out to the det he will do the same with the rest of the firsts who didn't make it.  We had little over 10 up for board with 3 making it.

Guest Sailor wife and mom
10 hours ago, CyberIT said:

So, I've been lurking for years now, off and on, honestly i never really thought i would even stay in this long (14 years now, and every enlistment i was planning on gettin out), but here i am. So this was my fourth time up, and at first i really didn't have my heart into it, so it showed i suppose in my leadership, but as for my job, I've always gone above and beyond to be the best i could be. But over the last 2 years, i've really gone hard to make a difference in my leading / following ( I see them as one in the same) tactics, and today i got the "S". My Triad, and about 4 other Chiefs surrounded me, and i knew, but at the same time i was so surprised, i actually asked the CO when he said i made it, "are you serious"? At this point, i'm still in shock, but at the same time ready for this new chapter in my life. Congrats to all those that made it, and Keep your head up to those that didn't. 

WTG!