FY19 Chief Selection Board

1 hour ago, MannyTheET said:

So first, @Tony has thwarted my efforts to make it to 100 pages.

But on a more serious note, I’ve had a little bit of info that was given to me by me SEL as to why the delay. All remember when someone mentioned legal scrub over a week ago? Well, the scuttlebutt is that the integrity of the board came into question due to members speaking outside of designated spaces. I was holding onto that but now that everything was signed and we’re within 24hrs I thought I would share.

Why? As a reminder that once we put on anchors, and if we were to have the honor of selecting the next wave of CPOs, don’t make the same mistakes of past. If you are sworn into secrecy and are told not to speak about something, don’t!

Someone mentioned about the Firsts getting together. I think me and my other SBE dudes will be playing cards tomorrow in a hotel room with a line of phones laying there, fully charged, waiting on calls; whether S or N, we’ll be supporting each other.

Did not hear about that yet thanks.

Guest MRSOS1SWAWEXW
On 8/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, ASWife said:

So... I'm starting to worry. I feel like I am on here more than my husband now... :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

One way or the other, life is definitely going to change next week: I will either have to muster all of my inner strength to lift him up after yet another disappointment or I will have to muster all of my inner strength to basically go through an entire move and closing on a new house by myself because he will be living his dream (finally..!)

Either way, anxiety is through the roof right now. LOL 

My anxiety is up as well, causing me to check the forum multiple times per day! Our kids start school next week and our oldest is turning 16 Saturday. Just kinda want to know what’s going to happen. 

Guest MRSOS1SWAWEXW

Hello All! I just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, spouses included. I am far more anxious than my Husband because I see how much he genuinely cares about  his service and I can see from my lurking here, you all do too. Let’s all try and get some rest tonight!

Guest CursedSwabbie

Awesome... Was informed that my chain of command will put out the list by having all the first classes in one room and put it out via 1mc... 😰

5 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Awesome... Was informed that my chain of command will put out the list by having all the first classes in one room and put it out via 1mc... 😰

Gonna be hard for my command to do since not all the firsts are going to be in the same state tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Yikes! I would not want to be in a room with all the other first classes when they announce the results.

That’s how we did it at my last command all first classes in the conference room SBE or not.

49 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Gonna be hard for my command to do since not all the firsts are going to be in the same state tomorrow.

Gonna be hard for my command since we don't have a 1MC.:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Guest CursedSwabbie
32 minutes ago, STG1 said:

That’s how we did it at my last command all first classes in the conference room SBE or not.

I get it but at the same time there will be a lot of emotions in that room and I would rather walk by a door and someone give me a head or a handshake!

Guest ASWife
1 hour ago, MRSOS1SWAWEXW said:

My anxiety is up as well, causing me to check the forum multiple times per day! Our kids start school next week and our oldest is turning 16 Saturday. Just kinda want to know what’s going to happen. 

I hear you! Happy early birthday to your oldest and good luck to the husband! 👍

24 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Gonna be hard for my command since we don't have a 1MC.:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Well we don't have a 1mc, just a Beach box for all the maintenance spaces 

Guest Bdstahl
1 hour ago, STG1 said:

I’m in a school house command... if the CO finds out at 1100, he’ll hold command quarters in the hangar @ 1115 and goes through the list... all staff present, E5s, E6s, the mess and civilians... it’s like ripping off a bandaid, plus gives everyone a chance to congratulate the new selects on the spot. I actually like how it’s done there...

Guest Redsnoopy414

I have seen commands just not talk to you and provide no updates if you didn’t make it.  So having everyone together to celebrate the ones that do make it isn’t all that bad of an idea to me.  Better than silence. 

Guest laurar06
1 hour ago, MRSOS1SWAWEXW said:

Hello All! I just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, spouses included. I am far more anxious than my Husband because I see how much he genuinely cares about  his service and I can see from my lurking here, you all do too. Let’s all try and get some rest tonight!

Hello, Mrs. :) I am way more anxious than I thought I'd be (more than in the past few years). Being a long distance SO makes is tough to gauge how my sailor is coping but I think he's dealing with it by not thinking about it much. For me Selection means he will possibly get stationed even farther from me and he will go back to sea duty sooner rather than later, however I want him to get the S for his own career and self betterment. It's a tough wait. I may have a cocktail or two tonight. 

Of course results would be released at Midnight JST. To make matters worse, the only two people with command access for my UIC are on leave...

27 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Well we don't have a 1mc, just a Beach box for all the maintenance spaces 

But do you actually call it a "beach" box?

Guest PO14Life
6 minutes ago, ClassifiedChaos said:

Of course results would be released at Midnight JST. To make matters worse, the only two people with command access for my UIC are on leave...

Well hopefully they set up a contingency for your results. I'm curious if they call here in the middle of the night. I've always seen it here where the Selectees already know first thing, but we do have a new CMC. So it might be different this time.

2 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Well hopefully they set up a contingency for your results. I'm curious if they call here in the middle of the night. I've always seen it here where the Selectees already know first thing, but we do have a new CMC. So it might be different this time. 

I am hoping that my OIC, who stayed local to our HQ up north, will at least come in to check in the morning. I am not really expecting a middle of the night call.

Guest Intel
48 minutes ago, Bdstahl said:

I’m in a school house command... if the CO finds out at 1100, he’ll hold command quarters in the hangar @ 1115 and goes through the list... all staff present, E5s, E6s, the mess and civilians... it’s like ripping off a bandaid, plus gives everyone a chance to congratulate the new selects on the spot. I actually like how it’s done there...

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but the initial notification should be private.  A Sailor shouldn't be put on the spot in front of their command.  Those who aren't selected deserve a moment of privacy to be disappointed so they can go and fully support those that made it.  Just my opinion.

Guest PO14Life
22 minutes ago, ClassifiedChaos said:

I am hoping that my OIC, who stayed local to our HQ up north, will at least come in to check in the morning. I am not really expecting a middle of the night call.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

35 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

But do you actually call it a "beach" box?

I'm sure you already know the answer to that.. 🤣

2 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I'm sure you already know the answer to that.. 🤣

lol I do. It was a rhetorical question. We had those on the DDG as well, and it was usually the EOOW coming across to complain about who forgot to sign Mod Z that evening.

I know UIC results in advance are. not likely in this day and age but it’s still fun as a hopeful to pass time. One can wish. I appreciate you guys that are still checking. If I had access, I’d be refreshing that as much as I refresh this forum. It’s 2am on this side of the world.

I envy people that will be able to wake up for work tomorrow and either already know, or will find out shortly after their day starts. I’ll have a full workday and hopefully get a call at 5pm local time. I hope it’s a celebratory dinner 🙏🏽 Best of luck to everyone! 

Guest PO14Life
4 minutes ago, Intel said:

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but the initial notification should be private.  A Sailor shouldn't be put on the spot in front of their command.  Those who aren't selected deserve a moment of privacy to be disappointed so they go support those that made it.  Just my opinion.

I agree, I always need a few hours(or a few days) to be able to congratulate the selected. Everyone has their own way to process it, and even though most should understand that, most still don't.