4 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Right there with you. Hit 11 May 29th

I’ll be at 9.5 on the 18th. You’re all making me feel young.

Guest NavyAEforlife
15 hours ago, deepseadmt97 said:

So on BOL and i click on Selection Boards it has my new UIC ( i just transferred last month) but it says “last updated 8/3/2017.... kind of scary because i don’t know “when” my UIC part was updated but it says N

hopefully they ONLY updated my UIC

Same here; it is just the UIC updated, still the N from last year.

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am one year ahead of you. Just hit 21 year mark on June 4th. 1997 when i came in seems so long ago, yet it went quickly at the same time.

I agree, it's hard to believe sometimes that it's been 20 years.  I joke and tell friends and family I'm institutionalized, and don't know what I'm gonna do when I have to hang it all up.  

Guest Corpsman_Crystal

I like how the email from acting MCPON said "don't forget to inform your non-selectees"

This is my 7th time up (I'm blaming that DUI a few years ago ;) ) and there has been 3 different years that my Chiefs got so wrapped up in the selectees, they didn't even bother taking the time to let me know I didn't make it. That just multiplies that horrible feeling!

Made SSOY for MEF and MARFORCOM this past year so hopefully that gets me some bonus points. Just hit 17 years in June so I'm praying this is my year!

Guest navyordie123
12 minutes ago, Corpsman_Crystal said:

I like how the email from acting MCPON said "don't forget to inform your non-selectees"

This is my 7th time up (I'm blaming that DUI a few years ago ;) ) and there has been 3 different years that my Chiefs got so wrapped up in the selectees, they didn't even bother taking the time to let me know I didn't make it. That just multiplies that horrible feeling!

Made SSOY for MEF and MARFORCOM this past year so hopefully that gets me some bonus points. Just hit 17 years in June so I'm praying this is my year!

I totally agree with you. It makes the sting of not getting selected even worse when no one wants to tell you that you didn’t make it.  I personally think the Chiefs mess should pull all SBEs together the day the results come out and let everyone know then.  Nothing better than to be around brothers and sisters when the news is either good or bad. 

30 minutes ago, Corpsman_Crystal said:

Me personally, I don't mind not getting told anything.  However it is good he puts that in.  What strikes me as interesting is I've had 2 CDB's in all my times eligible.  1 for not making board, and one with my command group for my IA for not being selected.  So this brings up a question.  If not selected, would you want a CDB with Chiefs to talk about ways to improve for next year?  They did the CDB's right after results came out, and before they got heavy into the season.

2 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Me personally, I don't mind not getting told anything.  However it is good he puts that in.  What strikes me as interesting is I've had 2 CDB's in all my times eligible.  1 for not making board, and one with my command group for my IA for not being selected.  So this brings up a question.  If not selected, would you want a CDB with Chiefs to talk about ways to improve for next year?  They did the CDB's right after results came out, and before they got heavy into the season.

I had one last year when I didn’t pick up Chief and was told by my COC to continue doing what I’m doing haha.  So maybe this year I’ll make it because I did what I was doing before and then some more. 

Guest navyordie123
4 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I have only had one CDB and that is my first year when I didn’t make board, other than that I have only been told once that I didn’t make it other than that as the day went by I figured it out myself.  As far as having a CDB I think that some people want them and some don’t, I personally don’t want one. Just keep moving and try to get more done for the next year. Just hopefully there won’t be a next year and most of us will get the S this year

Guest MannyTheET
41 minutes ago, AME1 said:

CDBs are as good as the one who gives them... I’d want one only if I could choose who, and it’s just one person so...

1 hour ago, navyordie123 said:

I totally agree with you. It makes the sting of not getting selected even worse when no one wants to tell you that you didn’t make it.  I personally think the Chiefs mess should pull all SBEs together the day the results come out and let everyone know then.  Nothing better than to be around brothers and sisters when the news is either good or bad. 

That’d be cool. For us right now it could be at the bar since it’ll be 1900 when them results come out.

Guest SH1DBG

At 11.5 years, with this being my second time up.  Also, came in a little later as I’m 35.  I feel extremely competitive but with SH quotas being the way that they are...it’s hard to stay positive. Just earned a Masters Degree, hopefully that helps.  Good luck to all.  

Guest PO Theo
1 hour ago, AME1 said:

I agree, it's hard to believe sometimes that it's been 20 years.  I joke and tell friends and family I'm institutionalized, and don't know what I'm gonna do when I have to hang it all up.  

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I mean, what color socks will I wear when I get out? 

Guest Chief Guns
1 hour ago, navyordie123 said:

The year i made it (2013) i was at Nikki Rottens, which is a popular restaurant here in Coronado. The day the results came out, none of us could get on BOL since a billion people was all trying to get on as well. 2013 was the last year before they went to TRIAD release, so however you found out is how it was. So the entire FCPO Mess at my command (18 of us) decided to go to Nikki Rottens for lunch, then hopefully by the time we get back to the command, we can logon and see results. So we get to the restaurant and as soon as we order drinks and our meal's, my phone was the first to ring, it was my best friend telling me i made it as he was looking at the list. I was standing outside the restaurant on Orange Ave in uniform, crying my eyes out while on the phone, the first classes jumping all over me lol. People walking by thinking there was something wrong with me lol. I remember as i was standing there a couple of Chiefs that were going into the restaurant came walking up to me and the first thing they said was congrats. I remember looking at them confused like how did they know as i had never seen them before, one of them said there is only one reason a FCPO would be crying tears of joy at this time on this particular day in public LMAO. All in all there was four of us that got phone calls saying we that made it. It was super exciting cause we was all together, but at the same time trying not to be too excited to show respect to the ones that didn't make it that was sitting at the table with us. And what really made it tough was i carpooled to work that day with a first class that didn't make it. The whole way home i wanted to yell and scream and cry for joy, roll my window down and scream to the world i made Chief, but again i had to hold it in out of respect for him. Definitely a day i will never forget along with the day i got pinned. 

42 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I mean, what color socks will I wear when I get out? 

Not showing up "half hour early" (minimum) for work, and leaving at a set time.  Because overtime is not authorized. 🤣

So previously it was mentioned that theres a "backdoor" to enroll in the SEJPME 2's. No one I have asked knows how to do it. Would someone mind filling me in? You can either reply to this or PM me. Either way. Id greatly appreciate it! Also extremely happy that it finally seems like we have an official day that the results will be released. 

20 pages to go! This was part of my LDO package. It’s amazing how easy yet difficult some things can be to answer.  To keep it “short”, 1 sentence each, what are examples in your life of honor, courage, and commitment? Why is this important to be a good leader?  

Guest ET1 SS
9 hours ago, PO Theo said:

I hear ya. I just hit 11 back on June 11. I feel like such a baby.

I just hit 11 too..  11 years of being a First Class.

Guest PO14Life

I have only had a CDB once after not making it. I also received the same keep doing what you are doing. I believe it was coming from the right place, but not helpful in the moment. I think it’s good not to tag us right away, but we still need to hear it.

Guest Corpsman_Crystal
16 minutes ago, ET1 SS said:

I just hit 11 too..  11 years of being a First Class.

And I thought my 8 years as a First was bad...I mean I really don't know what else to do lol