Ahhh hell... I got my hopes up for UIC results for a sec. my first few promotions I found out ahead of time back in the day when it was normal for UIC to come out before results. I just don’t think many people knew or followed it back then (10 years ago). I had a great Chief that clued me in, in those early years. 

Guest TM1/SS

Funny for whomever said they called it.... @Tony, I do believe I was the first one to put out this Tuesday coming. Where's my crown? I'm the king of gouge! Lol. Been drinking for the hopefully the last night for six weeks. Have a good weekend y'all.  

18 minutes ago, PRpeb said:

Ahhh hell... I got my hopes up for UIC results for a sec. my first few promotions I found out ahead of time back in the day when it was normal for UIC to come out before results. I just don’t think many people knew or followed it back then (10 years ago). I had a great Chief that clued me in, in those early years. 

I remember when I was going to Afghanistan in 2012 I was able to let a guy find out he made it when BOL used to update with Triad.  Being IA the command group we were with didn't have that access.

- Alrighty then, I was hoping that this would be a non-eventful day but it was not. However, the issue with the server is about done.

- As a reminder, @KnockoutTrish is available to help spouses and she has the knowledge and experience.

- An individual, who claims he is a Chief, came on this forum and tried to cause problems for reasons unknown. It probably would have taken longer to get the connection if it wasn't for the strange name of the city that his IP is connected to. I've saved his info in case he tries something for the third time. 

- Someone came on this forum and was insistent that the results were going to fall on a certain date. When it appeared that it was changing, that individual edited his posts to reflect the change. 

Folks, don't come on the forum and insist that you are the one in the know. When I get some good gouge, I do a little vetting - one post from a newbie is not going to make me change what I put out. Just remember that all scuttlebutt is welcome but leave a little room for error; don't be so gosh darn insistent. Otherwise, we have done very good in the past with the dates.

- We are looking at the 7th, 8th, timeframe for results. Thanks to TM1/SS for the early heads up, I think the 27th of Jul.

Guest Cryptic
37 minutes ago, Tony said:

Someone came on this forum and was insistent that the results were going to fall on a certain date. When it appeared that it was changing, that individual edited his posts to reflect the change. 

Folks, don't come on the forum and insist that you are the one in the know. When I get some good gouge, I do a little vetting - one post from a newbie is not going to make me change what I put out. Just remember that all scuttlebutt is welcome but leave a little room for error; don't be so gosh darn insistent. Otherwise, we have done very good in the past with the dates.

I insist the results are NOT coming out before Monday, August 6th....

Guest Cryptic

Oh wow, this forum runs much smoother when there's only ~100 viewers lurking instead of ~300. Enjoy it while it lasts...

Guest PO14Life
36 minutes ago, OS1 said:

Thank you @Tony for what you do!  Seems like maintaining this site alone is a full time job.  Much appreciated.

That’s so true! Don’t know what we would do without Tony! This forum has been such a great place to share, vent, and seek knowledge. No matter the results I will always be grateful for this forum.

Not that I have any anticipation of getting the “S” next week, but just in case some craziness happens I am taking the family on a little day trip tomorrow. 

I just wanted to throw a thank you out to everyone that has posted with guidance and advice on here. There are definitely a lot of knowledgeable Sailors in here and hope you all get that “S” you deserve!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and best of luck with results on Tuesday!

• Like 1

Guest Cryptic

Something new to kill some time until results pop...

I just started reading "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" last night and I got hooked in the first few pages. Its a quick and easy read that I think would benefit anyone leading or even just working with a team.

Do you have any leadership / management / team building / Navy books that you would recommend? 

Guest subguy10524

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I as well am trying to relax this weekend. I am currently on duty so down on the boat.  I should get off at a reasonable hour tomorrow. Today was a work day for the division also.  As much as I wish I could make weekends sacred, there is just too much work to do to only do a 5 day work week.  Such is the life of a submarine electrician. 

I am hoping to S this week, and hope everyone on here gets that S as well. I have been enjoying the advice and scuttlebutt throughout the year. I have been in this thread since the beginning and been working all year on improving my leadership style and focusing on my sailors. Learning about the board scoring as I can from as well as the other aspects and advice from other communities on what to include on evals and packages!

Guest Admin_warrior

Havent posted in a while, but this one looks pretty official to me, from our former    PS rating manager

Active E7 Results timeline:

Tuesday, 7 Aug 1000 CDT results on BOL for command notification. 
Wednesday, 8 Aug 1000 CDT NAVADMIN release.

Guest subguy10524
5 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

I just started reading "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" last night and I got hooked in the first few pages. Its a quick and easy read that I think would benefit anyone leading or even just working with a team.

Do you have any leadership / management / team building / Navy books that you would recommend? 

I haven't read it myself yet, but I have heard Turn the Ship Around by David Marquet is a good leadership book.  He has some good talks on youtube. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmdLcyES_Q ) This is a good talk on the I intend and where it came from in his view. It is an interesting take.

Guest PS1ME
5 hours ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Congrats! Yesterday marked 13 years for me.

Enjoying the weekend playing Fortnite with my daughters and drinking mimosas.

congrats to you both! Mines 15 years tomorrow

Guest Bdstahl
1 hour ago, PS1ME said:

congrats to you both! Mines 15 years tomorrow

Lots of anniversaries around this time of year... I just hit 18 on july 27th... this year is my best shot so far... Best of luck to everyone waiting... & thanks @Tony for this place that we can hurry up and wait together!!!

59 minutes ago, Bdstahl said:

Lots of anniversaries around this time of year... I just hit 18 on july 27th... this year is my best shot so far... Best of luck to everyone waiting... & thanks @Tony for this place that we can hurry up and wait together!!!

I hit 20 back on June 3rd.

Guest PO Theo
4 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Man, a lot of you guys have a good amount of time in.  I am sitting here just past my 10.5 year point. 

I hear ya. I just hit 11 back on June 11. I feel like such a baby.

Guest PO14Life
5 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

I hear ya. I just hit 11 back on June 11. I feel like such a baby.

Great leaders come from all different levels of experience. And is this supposed to make us feel old? 🤣

Guest subguy10524
2 hours ago, PO14Life said:

Great leaders come from all different levels of experience. And is this supposed to make us feel old? 🤣

See, I got a late start. While I only have 10.5 years in, I am 35. So a bunch of people make me feel old!

10 hours ago, Cryptic said:

Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek

Guest Chief Guns
8 hours ago, AME1 said:

I hit 20 back on June 3rd.

I am one year ahead of you. Just hit 21 year mark on June 4th. 1997 when i came in seems so long ago, yet it went quickly at the same time.  The one thing i am proud of is being part of history. I was among the first to go through RFEP(Recruit Final Evaluation Phase) now known as Battlestations. My graduating class Divisions 289-298 we was the first to ever do it. We was the Guinea Pigs as every one called us lol. I remember the entire time, everyone kept telling us that our boot camp was going to be different than the other graduating classes before us. It wasn't until after we finished Service Week that our RDC told us about RFEP. Seeing what Battlestations is now, its awesome to think i was the first to do it. Something i will always treasure.