FY18 Chief Selection Board

35 minutes ago, deepseadmt97 said:

Here is a question for the group that comes up all the time. When they say that pay increments are by seniority".... is that seniority in the TIR or time in service or......

I've always been told it goes by TIR so those that have been a first the longest get paid first.  I've roughly looked up selectee's on FLTMPS, and the first 3 or 4 were ranked via TIR.

18 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Where does the message come out about the timeline? I've heard of it but never seen where it gets posted. 

Not sure. And I had a copy some time back, and said "here is an example" but don't remember where I got it. :huh:

Hopefully, someone has more info.

Guest Christyl

I posted this a while back! It was originally posted by NDC on here. 

FY-2001, NAVADMIN 198/00 — 08/04/00 — Friday
FY-2002, NAVADMIN 197/01 — 08/03/01 — Friday 
FY-2003, NAVADMIN 238/02 — 08/02/02 — Friday 
FY-2004, NAVADMIN 218/03 — 08/06/03 — Wednesday 
FY-2005, NAVADMIN 173/04 — 07/28/04 — Wednesday 
FY-2006, NAVADMIN 183/05 — 07/28/05 — Thursday 
FY-2007, NAVADMIN 221/06 — 08/04/06 — Friday 
FY-2008, NAVADMIN 196/07 — 08/08/07 — Wednesday 
FY-2009, NAVADMIN 213/08 — 08/01/08 — Friday 
FY-2010, NAVADMIN 230/09 — 07/31/09 — Friday 
FY-2011, NAVADMIN 269/10 — 08/11/10 — Wednesday 
FY-2012, NAVADMIN 233/11 — 08/01/11 — Monday 
FY-2013, NAVADMIN 232/12 — 07/31/12 — Tuesday 
FY-2014, NAVADMIN 193/13 — 08/01/13 — Thursday 
FY-2015, NAVADMIN 178/14 — 08/05/14 — Tuesday
FY-2016, NAVADMIN 184/15 — 08/06/15 — Thursday

FY-2017, NAVADMIN 173/16 -    08/03/16 - Wednesday 

Released within the last 4 days of Jul: 23.5%
Released within the first 6 days of Aug: 64.7%
Released after the 7th day of Aug: 11.7%

NAVADMIN Release:

Release on a Monday: 5%  

Release on a Tuesday: 11.7%
Release on a Wednesday: 29.4%
Release on a Thursday: 17.6%
Release on a Friday: 35.2%

Guest Intel
6 hours ago, Christyl said:

I posted this a while back! It was originally posted by NDC on here. 

My money was on August 3rd as it is.  I'm on leave, either way.  Taking a few days to get my head right.  I recommend everyone do the same.

Guest DeepSea_IDC
1 hour ago, deepseadmt97 said:

Here is a question for the group that comes up all the time. When they say that pay increments are by seniority".... is that seniority in the TIR or time in service or......

Based on TIR. Who ever has been a first the longest, gets paid first.

Guest Christyl
6 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I like the upgrade of the site tony. 

Yes!!!! Tony you should run admin at the boards and maybe things wouldn't have had admin erorrs! 

Guest CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
1 hour ago, deepseadmt97 said:

It's based off of time in rate. Aka, how many years you were a first class. The number next to your name on the list indicates where you fall out based off of your time in rate. If your towards the top, you'll get paid early and at the bottom, you might have to wait till August 16th.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
16 minutes ago, CTRC(IW/SW/AW) said:

It's based off of time in rate. Aka, how many years you were a first class. The number next to your name on the list indicates where you fall out based off of your time in rate. If your towards the top, you'll get paid early and at the bottom, you might have to wait till August 16th.

So since I made First in 2003...does that mean I'll get back-pay?

:bigemo_harabe_net-76:

Guest PR1de

Well,  it's 1351 on the 27th here in Japan.  The only thing that I have been able to do today is go back and forth in my self-doubt.  We are doing a 2-mile CPO 365 Honor Run with all of the tenant commands here on-base tomorrow morning as a way to have that final get-together before Phase II.  Hopefully, it won't be my last run.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

No, we would have been notified of the release to Triad. It would then be release 24 hours later to the public.

I know that...My Chiefs have been joking with us all week about it. 

5 hours ago, RonnieGee said:

That's what I thought, but then there's the possibility that they may release to triads in the morning and post navy-wide Friday. 

I know at this point it's all speculation. I'm just ready to know. 

I don't think so, they would have to announce that they are releasing the public copy in less than 24 hours. That is part of the current timeline. 24 hours Triad, then public release.

11 hours ago, AME1 said:

Only thing I've heard is the first weekend after results is fairly lax to let you have one last weekend at home before the games fully begin.  Only heard this on the board so like already said it could depend on where you are going through the season.

Nope.  You will have tasking th first weekend even if the results come out on Friday.  

Don't forget folks!!

Members who add a profile picture NOW are eligible to win a 6++ month  PAID
vacation on a grey ship with a voyage to internationally renown hot spots!! And I'm NOT talking about MIAMI!!!

Add your profile pic today!!

:128_19:

Guest HawkISback

I am not a fan of math, mostly because I suck at it. The unknown data point in the trend of triad and public release is what drove them to release on a Friday and does that still exist today? I.E. faith that personnel will not react irresponsible with liberty.  I'm not so sure they have that faith in us.  Additionally, the unknown is does there have to be an advanced notice period for the TRIADS?  It's not like you will be able to get the BOL access in less than 24 hours if you don't have it. That access is a pain. If it's not this week I would wager they might just drop them at the same time if they intend to have six weeks for the initiation. 

Guest NavyChic

Morning!! 

I had a dream last night that I was Selected. It was clear as day not sure how to feel about it.

Then I get a text from a friend saying good morning and good luck on selections! 

AD here and I'm just ready to know already!

Guest PO14Life
10 minutes ago, NavyChic said:

Morning!! 

I had a dream last night that I was Selected. It was clear as day not sure how to feel about it.

Then I get a text from a friend saying good morning and good luck on selections! 

AD here and I'm just ready to know already!

I hate those dreams, makes me feel like I'm setup to get my hopes up. I hope you get the S though!

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I hate those dreams, makes me feel like I'm setup to get my hopes up. I hope you get the S though!

My mission this cycle was to remain grounded and not get too hopeful.  It's getting harder the closer we get. 

21 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I am not a fan of math, mostly because I suck at it. The unknown data point in the trend of triad and public release is what drove them to release on a Friday and does that still exist today? I.E. faith that personnel will not react irresponsible with liberty.  I'm not so sure they have that faith in us.  Additionally, the unknown is does there have to be an advanced notice period for the TRIADS?  It's not like you will be able to get the BOL access in less than 24 hours if you don't have it. That access is a pain. If it's not this week I would wager they might just drop them at the same time if they intend to have six weeks for the initiation. 

Well, the last time it was done on a Friday was 2009. Christyl posted a copy a few post back. Even before that I remember the chatter about "not releasing on a Friday" but there were still some releases. Don't know...

As far as the advance release for Triad, I think it is inconsistent. Not sure if they do it all the time (actually pretty sure) and I can't remember it being a requirement anyway. A while back, not many on this forum were aware of the notice so I posted a copy. I later realized that they don't give notice every time or maybe I couldn't find the copies. 

Guest NavyChic
7 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Thanks, I hope you get the S too. I know, my goal this year was to not get anxious but that didn't happen.

Guest PO14Life
5 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

My mission this cycle was to remain grounded and not get too hopeful.  It's getting harder the closer we get. 

Especially with the "I hope you make it" comments