FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest PSjg78

I officially cant focus anymore.... lets see  how much I can actually accomplish from today til next week ..... the struggle is real... :unsure:

Guest PO14Life
15 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

I officially cant focus anymore.... lets see  how much I can actually accomplish from today til next week ..... the struggle is real... :unsure:

I wish I could be distracted, I have inspections the week after results. That means I have to do everything I can to be ready in case I get the S.

Guest HawkISback
28 minutes ago, TrustYourKeel said:

Well, today's my last post. Headed offshore for work for three weeks. Wish everyone the best of luck on receiving the "S". Who knows, maybe I'll be fortunate enough to make the cut this year.

V/r

QM1

Good Luck 

Guest HawkISback
26 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

With my check out I had to get a signature from one of the board members. He was great at not saying anything. He asked when my last day would be at the command. Then he asked when I was planing on checking in to the next command. I told him when and he replied are you sure about that? I then replied unless I get called in. With a half smile he said sorry you won't be getting anytime off and good luck. UGH!!!!

Haha that's just mean spirited. Hopefully that means good things. 

Guest HawkISback
23 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Yes, I'm feeling the same way. Part of it is because of transferring. Other is the results.  I would say I can't wait til I transfer but then I will be geobaching it. 

Guest PSjg78
9 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I wish I could be distracted, I have inspections the week after results. That means I have to do everything I can to be ready in case I get the S.

Good luck!!!! Im an inspector scheduled to be on the road mid August so I know the feeling... my mind is just so distracted to say the least....

Guest PSjg78
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Yes, I'm feeling the same way. Part of it is because of transferring. Other is the results.  I would say I can't wait til I transfer but then I will be geobaching it. 

awww man yeah that is gonna be hard! I wish you the best with the S and the move!

Guest PO14Life
17 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Good luck!!!! Im an inspector scheduled to be on the road mid August so I know the feeling... my mind is just so distracted to say the least....

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Thinking about it, it must be just as hard being the inspector waiting on results. 

Guest PSjg78
5 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Thinking about it, it must be just as hard being the inspector waiting on results. 

Thanks and yes it is!!!!

16 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I heard that they let you have some weekends, any truth to this?

I heard weekends are for fundraising 

Guest Rolling DV8

We did not have any free days during my season (two years ago).  I think it is dependent upon the local Mess, but we had a place to be at 0500 during the week and 0800 on weekends.  

1 hour ago, PO14Life said:

Only thing I've heard is the first weekend after results is fairly lax to let you have one last weekend at home before the games fully begin.  Only heard this on the board so like already said it could depend on where you are going through the season.

Guest CPO2LDO
1 hour ago, PO14Life said:

Maybe. Depends on the Mess. If you are selected, remember one thing:

You only get ONE season.

Guest PR1de

Good morning all!  How much weight or emphasis do you think that the board puts on being FDNF?  I ask, because I'm stationed in Japan and our deployment schedule is totally different than state-side.  For sea-duty, we go on cruise every summer with a small break in-between, then back out again.  Do you think that it could be considered as arduous and looked upon favorably?

Guest AlphaMaleOne
10 minutes ago, PR1de said:

Good morning all!  How much weight or emphasis do you think that the board puts on being FDNF?  I ask, because I'm stationed in Japan and our deployment schedule is totally different than state-side.  For sea-duty, we go on cruise every summer with a small break in-between, then back out again.  Do you think that it could be considered as arduous and looked upon favorably?

I hope that it holds some weight but I have only heard that it helps make 8 and 9.  I was stationed in japan twice so I know how that schedule can suck.

Guest PR1de
9 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I hope that it holds some weight but I have only heard that it helps make 8 and 9.  I was stationed in japan twice so I know how that schedule can suck.

Thanks bro.  Yeah it did suck.  I'm back on shore-duty now, so I get to catch-up on lost time with my family while the kids are out of school.  This is my twilight tour, so hopefully I got the nod this year.  When were you here?

Guest TRON828

Question for the forum, if Selected, what has to happen to stay at your command and do you have to fulfill your sea duty  that is back to back via 1306 or can you go to shore duty? 

We are already halfway through the week and still no message out. Maybe the TRIADs already have the results and are just waiting to put them out .

Guest deepseadmt97

Here is a question for the group that comes up all the time. When they say that pay increments are by seniority".... is that seniority in the TIR or time in service or......

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

We are already halfway through the week and still no message out. Maybe the TRIADs already have the results and are just waiting to put them out .

No, we would have been notified of the release to Triad. It would then be release 24 hours later to the public.

10 minutes ago, RonnieGee said:

I'm getting mixed info that results are going to be out by Friday or on Tuesday to the triads. I'm getting this info from reliable sources, just not sure which is correct. Anyone have any insight?

I don't see a release to Triad on a Friday. That means the public release would be a Saturday.

Guest Riverine Rat

Where does the message come out about the timeline? I've heard of it but never seen where it gets posted.