FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest ET1FORLIFE
12 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

I have had one shore duty and it was at a squadron. I was just hoping their was something better out there.

I like your user name

Guest PO14Life
38 minutes ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

If ur surface go to a maintenance center

I would hope to go to a Wing or ASD. 

Guest PO14Life
29 minutes ago, ET1FORLIFE said:

I like your user name

Haha just trying to be realistic lol I like yours too

Guest Christyl

Whoa! What. Happened. 

I am not sure where to even begin today. I was offline for a few hours! Can someone give me a summary? Haha. 

Guest Surf AT

I am guessing this return to sea message has something to do with the changing of NECs. Probably going to be changing all the sea shore rotations, and I do not know what else. Especially since everything is supposed to be billet based and once you have an NEC you are suppose to stay that NEC for the rest of your career. Something would have to change for that to happen. I know I have several NECs due to no available billets during time frames I was up for orders.

Guest PSjg78

Not to get everyone's hopes up but I called PERS today to help a Sailor out and the SCPO I spoke to mentioned that this week could be our week ... nothing traditional about this years results so far so don't be surprised if there isn't a timeline published ... makes me wonder if they are right hahaha 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
15 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

nothing traditional about this years results so far

maybe they can break tradition and add to the quotas and make more spots!

Guest SEABEE(NMT)
45 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

I am guessing this return to sea message has something to do with the changing of NECs. Probably going to be changing all the sea shore rotations, and I do not know what else. Especially since everything is supposed to be billet based and once you have an NEC you are suppose to stay that NEC for the rest of your career. Something would have to change for that to happen. I know I have several NECs due to no available billets during time frames I was up for orders.

So just to make sure about this message that everyone seems to be talking about. Is that the up to date message or the old from 2012? 

Guest Surf AT
37 minutes ago, SEABEE(NMT) said:

So just to make sure about this message that everyone seems to be talking about. Is that the up to date message or the old from 2012? 

I have no idea. I am just taking a guess. I haven't heard anything about it in my squadron just on here. I was hoping someone may have some insight on it.

Guest osiris0107

Well all the cheese from both bases that I'm near just had a big theater brief so somethings coming in it's coming quick

Guest PO14Life
1 hour ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

What squadron? We talking air or surface?

It was HSL46, LS's go everywhere 

Guest SeaBeeDoc

I am really starting to think my Senior Chief was on to something when he said the FTS results would be out the same time as the active duty results. I am off tomorrow so if if I don't here anything I pretty much suspect that is true and won't expect to see anything until next week. 

Guest CursedSwabbie

Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I last logged in here! This is my 4th time and I would say this is one of my best years! I did not get my COM or my sailor of the year stuff in time (thank you "El T") but my movsm is documented.. I got my associates and my last eval was #1 ep! If I was to suggest anything to those up for chief is that it is ok to be upset and frustrated! The thing to remember is to celebrate the Passover and get back into it! For those who do make it just remember your former peers! I have been told no twice a year for the past 4 years so hopefully this is the year!

Guest PO14Life
34 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Oh okay. I was wondering cause I use to be an Undes Airman. I miss aviation sometimes. I think I might beg my detailer for orders to VFA 106 next just to experience it again

Ahh yea I've done helos and P8s

4 hours ago, PSjg78 said:

Not to get everyone's hopes up but I called PERS today to help a Sailor out and the SCPO I spoke to mentioned that this week could be our week ... nothing traditional about this years results so far so don't be surprised if there isn't a timeline published ... makes me wonder if they are right hahaha 

That would be nice if it were to happen. My command is having their close-out to CPO 365 Phase 1 this Friday. 

Guest Riverine Rat

Well I'm off to dream land. I have to wake up early and drive 3 hours for CPO 365 tomorrow. Guess I will be able to see what rumors are out there and if my CMC or CR have heard anything as to a timeline. But if it's like every year they will just throw crumbs and get your hopes up just to watch us all squirm. I'm AD so I'm not sweating it just yet as I expect AD results next week. But for all you FTS/Selres I will see if I can find anything out. 

Guest HawkISback
36 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Well I'm off to dream land. I have to wake up early and drive 3 hours for CPO 365 tomorrow. Guess I will be able to see what rumors are out there and if my CMC or CR have heard anything as to a timeline. But if it's like every year they will just throw crumbs and get your hopes up just to watch us all squirm. I'm AD so I'm not sweating it just yet as I expect AD results next week. But for all you FTS/Selres I will see if I can find anything out. 

Three hours, yikes that's a long drive. That's like the last IA I did. Got into North Carolina on one day, one day later had to drive to ft Jackson by myself.  Talk about jet lag. 

Guest Admin_warrior

I heard some chiefs saying next Wednesday August 2nd for phase 2 for Active. Maybe triad notification?!

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
15 hours ago, Tony said:

The portion that I failed to mention is that if you bypass the bad word filter, there are consequences. 

Remember the guideline folks. 

What the (Tony is the greatest site administrator in the world!) are you talking about?!?  Oh...I see it now.

:bigemo_harabe_net-76:

Guest PSjg78

GOOD MORNING !!!! Chatter on the lines this morning FTS/SELRES standby !! Today might be TRIAD RELEASE !! Thought I'd give ya a heads up ... I'm literally dying right now hahha