FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest NVYPS

Well I just heard it changed to next week CNP won't release any results until a another message is released first that has to do with making chief and returning to sea duty lol that message is set to be released next week I guess 

Guest HawkISback
Just now, NVYPS said:

Well I just heard it changed to next week CNP won't release any results until a another message is released first that has to do with making chief and returning to sea duty lol that message is set to be released next week I guess 

Hey listen you tell CNP that is unsat. 

Guest TRON828
9 minutes ago, FunBawse98 said:

I'm at ATG, with more than 300 Chiefs, so 365 never "closes out." Our 365 program is, by far, the best I've seen in the fleet. But that's just my POV. It's all year long, even after results come out, with those who were not selected or SBE still attending, and it never feels like an obligation. If you're on the Norfolk waterfront, our doors are open to fleet first classes! 

Hahah.. yah .. i bet it's 365 there all day ...everyday...we got minimal CPO's at my command.. our program is just enough and not too much. I like it

Guest TRON828

I've come to realize by now. If I get CO calling me.. then ITS OVER!!!!:lol:..

relaxin and chillin with my family until then......

Guest Riverine Rat
20 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

We closed out  CPO365 in May.. Can't believe. You guys still doing it..

It's just for board eligible FCPO

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
3 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

OK so i have a question for the CPO's and admin types. I received my Combat Coxswain (CC - 0164 NEC) many years ago, I still have my letter of desigation from my former CO, but nothing was ever entered into OMPF or anywhere else. I have to send the letter in every year. Who should I work with at PER's or my command to get this entered into my record correctly, secondly where would that go, Quals? NSIPS, PSR? ETJ... there is too many systems with duplicate info. They really need to consolidate. 

So, I can give you my experience on scrubbing all my records and what I did to get them squeaky clean. AWARDS(NAM and HIGHER including MOVSM)Give certificates to your NDAWS authority (usually a YN1/PS1 at your NOSC) Once they are in NDAWS then it'll automatically feed to your OMPF, NSIPS and Personnel Data Summary, ETJ (In theory) QUALS:Certificates must be uploaded to OMPF via someone at your command with E-Submittal authorization BUT to get them in NSIPS I had to provide them to my current PSD. (IE:My FMF/EXW went through 2 separate people to cover down on different records. Like, your Coxswain Qual). I can go on and on about College Transcripts, NEC's and other vital info that needs to be inputted. If you want to know then just ask. My record was a mess 5 months ago but I found out most successful routes to clean up records. It took me a bit, but I finally have 14 years of service properly documented. Hope this helps!

Guest NVYPS
10 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

you have got to be kidding... not for nothin but this CNP is letting us all down.. 

Yeah I'm not surprised though we just had a meeting and there aren't enough CPO at sea so this would make sense so if you see that message the results will be right behind it.

Guest HawkISback

Naval history for the day. 26th July the USS Indianapolis delivered the disassembled nuclear bomb to Tinian island. 

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, DS13 said:

Yes just wait till they want you there 3 times a week at 5am for PT on your dime, with the no cost orders to cover their arse.

Master Chief Mitchell puts out every year that Phase Two activities cannot interfere with the work lives of Reservists.  As for weekends, most NOSCs will work out availability with the selectees before the season kicks off. 

In some cases, Reservists might find a closer location to conduct Phase Two, or the NOSC might work out a schedule of every other weekend, etc.  From everything I've been told, Phase Two is designed to be a unique combination of challenging and fun.

Every Chief I've talked to said that as long as the selectees are upfront and honest about their abilities and availability during the season, the Mess will work to make you successful.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
4 minutes ago, TrustYourKeel said:

I'm sitting at 135 miles one way.

175 miles to my NOSC.  Luckily that's not my normal drill location, but I'm apprehensive about the seven-hour round trip should I be selected.

Guest ISC(Sel)

Hey fellow FCPOs. First time poster here. Just as anxious as you all on the release of results for Reserve/FTS. I'm a former Active Duty Reservist at almost 12 years. This is my third time up and hoping for the S.

It's good to see another IS1 here, as well!

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
2 minutes ago, DS13 said:

In a vacuum sure. In reality not a chance. End of FY and most reservists have reached their limit for paid drills. We only get 48 paid drill periods. So the fix is they want you to put in no cost orders, to cover the liability, but you are out of pocket even on weekends. A bad dysfunctional system. The Navy should afford reservists the  same opportunity as the active counterpart and pay us for the process. 

I agree that it can be frustrating, and I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't incurred some personal cost during Phase Two.  I've also seen instances where sailors get Exceptional AT during the season.  If the financial burden is too high, communicate that to your Chiefs.  Personally I'd happily chip in to help a fellow sailor participate fully.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, DS13 said:

Yes my next closest NOSC is in a neighboring state. The hitch is whatever your NOSC of record is, is where they make you do the process.

I obviously can't speak for your NOSC, but my NOSC has let selectees attend Phase Two in Nashville, Millington, and Chattanooga.  Talk to your Chiefs and see what you can work out.  The worst they can do is tell you no.

Guest ISC(Sel)

I have been putting in filler AT dates at the end of the FY in case I am Selected. That way I can update the AT request to meet more Phase 2 requirements. If you are not selected this year, and have flexibility with your Reserve unit, I highly recommend doing the same.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Chattanooga... Heck yeah my home town.

I'm only an hour away!  I'm actually going to beg and plead to do Phase Two in Chattanooga should I be graced with the "S"

Guest ISC(Sel)
3 minutes ago, DS13 said:

Yeah that isn't happening in battalions. They want you doing AT for them. 

Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear that! Hopefully things will work out in our favor due to the circumstances, either way.

Guest USNWOMAN86
49 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

OK so i have a question for the CPO's and admin types. I received my Combat Coxswain (CC - 0164 NEC) many years ago, I still have my letter of desigation from my former CO, but nothing was ever entered into OMPF or anywhere else. I have to send the letter in every year. Who should I work with at PER's or my command to get this entered into my record correctly, secondly where would that go, Quals? NSIPS, PSR? ETJ... there is too many systems with duplicate info. They really need to consolidate. 

Is it on your NSIPS/ESR/Member Data Summary?   If the NEC and training is showing on your MDS then that report gets submitted to your OMPF every time you reenlist, it's called record closeout.  Now if that was ever done that's another story.  If it isn't showing on your MDS submit the certificate through your PS's to PSD requesting they update your ESR. If record close out was not completed the last time you reenlisted than print out the 4 reports from your ESR (MDS, qual history, history of assignments, awards and honors), and send them to your PS to be esubmitted into your OMPF (reason: record closeout never completed).HMU if you have more questions.

25 minutes ago, kontogsl said:

Long time lurker. Finally official. I have been roughly the same thing that NVYPS said. That there is a forthcoming NAVADMIN about returning to sea duty for new Chiefs and that the results will not be out until that is released.

Funny thing about that is they are waiting to put FTS/Selres results til after that Navadmin when that navadmin will minimally affect us. 

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
2 minutes ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

So who all heard tomorrow for fts/selres to the triad.

I want to believe, but nobody's gotten the schedule yet.  I've been told it's always a three-day process:  Schedule, Triad, Navy-wide.

Guest ISC(Sel)
3 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I want to believe, but nobody's gotten the schedule yet.  I've been told it's always a three-day process:  Schedule, Triad, Navy-wide.

What was the source of the schedule last year? A post on social media, or a particular website. I don't recall.