FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

It's the calm before the storm guys. Be ready. 

Well I hope the squall come this week

Guest Surf AT

I heard from one of the active board members that someone talked to so they were let go a week early and they now have to start the process all over again.:bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Guest Christyl
3 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

I heard from one of the active board members that someone talked to so they were let go a week early and they now have to start the process all over again.:bigemo_harabe_net-24:

https%3A%2F%2F68%2Emedia%2Etumblr%2Ecom%2F71c9c370e96b6080185064be6c0899eb%2Ftumblr_nwt8ugbrxK1u44gfjo1_250%2Egif_encoded.gif

Guest NavySAR
3 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

#dislike :5583:

6 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

Don't think so, papasmurf's post makes more sense.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
2 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

They just put out all the CPO selectee apparel at little creek today.. .. soon it's a coming..

Wait a minute...we've all been fools!  We could find out when the results are coming out the same way we find out about ship's movement!  From the Navy wives!

Guest HMSFIDC
19 hours ago, FROMENTOMM said:

Been on here as a guest for about 5 years or so.  This is my first post.  My last 4 years or so have been interesting in the navy.  I started off on the fast track and made first in about 5 1/2 years. I was an early candidate for E7.   Everything was looking up and then it happened. I failed BCA.  My career changed at that moment.  Previous to that I was Junior Sailor of the Year for my command and Naval District Washington I had two COMs 4 nams.  I had received an EP at every pay grade.   I had my movsm and was due to transfer back to sea duty.  At sea duty I hit the deck plates running and received an EP on my very first report on board.  In drops the BCA a failure and for the first time I experienced set back.  I was so mad and I ultimately realized that I had not done my part. I failed to become a complete Sailor.  That eval cycle I went from an EP to #1 MP because of my BCA failure.  The eval was written pretty decent and was above the CO's average with a different reporting Senior.  Also during that time I got my EOOW letter and was FCPO president.  I didn't make Chief last year.  This year I led PT (was not a CFL) but eval shows how I over came my set back by helping other sailors.  I was ranked #1 in the command at an 0-6 command and due to gapped LCPO billet for about 14 months my eval has LCPO at sea on my primary block.  I have also competed JPME and SJPme and have been part of qualifying 9 other EOOWS most E7 and above.  I said all that to say this.  Even though this may not be my year again with advancement at 15% I will never forget about being a complete Sailor.  Take time for yourself work will always be there and being in standards is a huge part of the job.  My day will come I'm sure of that but if I can pass this info on to someone and it helps them I would be happy.  So when the results hit I will be happy for those who get selected.  Good luck to all.

I can definitely relate, except mine was a NJP. It's now been 5 years and hopefully the last year the board will look at it. Good luck this year. 

Guest TRON828
3 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Wait a minute...we've all been fools!  We could find out when the results are coming out the same way we find out about ship's movement!  From the Navy wives!

:lol:

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
7 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Who's that ombudsmen of the boards

Guest AlphaMaleOne
45 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

Yeah we all on the last nerve...Detailed my JeepBBb) last night... Went boot camp on it... FYI.. for you Jeep enthusiast ..1986-1995 aren't real Jeeps to me... real Jeeps have OO lights :D

LOL!!! I have an 04 TJ myself but not even close to detailing it boot camp style.  last weekend I slammed it against a few rocks guess I was taking out my frustration on the jeep waiting for results.

Guest DeepseaSeabee
34 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I found a picture of literally every single one of us hopefuls!

Image-1.jpg

Hahaha

Guest calamityjane
4 hours ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Wonder Pets is the leading cause of PTSD in parents of small children.

I have small children, I have no idea what wonder pets are.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, calamityjane said:

I have small children, I have no idea what wonder pets are.

Count yourself lucky.  "What's gonna work?"

Guest calamityjane
1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

there have been some issues found with the selectee's records in the post legal admin scrub, that have nothing to do with the board process..."

What does that even mean? Wouldn't they do legal checks prior to rack and stack?

Guest calamityjane
1 minute ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Count yourself lucky.  "What's gonna work?"

Mine like Pokemon. And something called Miraculous.