FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Riverine Rat

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Here is to this week getting results. it would be cool if we get them this week.

Guest PSjg78
6 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Here is to this week getting results. it would be cool if we get them this week.

Don't know seems awfully quiet 

Guest Riverine Rat
1 minute ago, PSjg78 said:

Don't know seems awfully quiet 

I know! normally everyone is on here letting us know what they have heard. Which I like because I am away from the big commands and don't get to hear the rumors

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, DS13 said:

As for results - Was once excited with anticipation. Now I would be fine with getting the S a day before pinning. I have moved on as life goes on and getting the S won't change my life one way or the other.

I agree that my excitement has cooled to resignation, but I'd hazard a guess that your life would change a bit if you get the "S."

Guest marcezj10

Here is to the the FTS/SEL results coming soon so I can actually have peace of mine about AD results coming soon after.  Haven't been to anxious this year but the feeling of craziness and preparing for disappointment is slowly seeping in my mind.  

Guest Riverine Rat

I know its crazy this year I have not been so anxious about finding out. More of it will happen. I am keeping PMA and I will make it this year. Just keep telling myself that. But not stressing like I have in the past about finding out results. But I do love following everyone on here and getting a great prospective from everyone.

Guest AlphaMaleOne

I hope that this is the last week of waiting...stress levels are high right now.  We have AMI this week and pack out for C2X at the same time to go out on the ship next week. 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
46 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I agree that my excitement has cooled to resignation, but I'd hazard a guess that your life would change a bit if you get the "S."

^^^ THIS

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, NavySAR said:

Anyone heard anything yet today?

i live on rumors right now :lol:

It's complete radio silence on my end.  All I know is BOL is still up, and my Chief still hasn't received the schedule.  To be fair, he may have received it and just hasn't told me, but I think at this point he'd tell me just to shut me up!

:bigemo_harabe_net-76:

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
1 minute ago, NavySAR said:

Anyone heard anything yet today?

i live on rumors right now :lol:

I have spoken with a number of Master Chiefs, including one that has chaired multiple FTS/SELRES E7 boards. Her response, verbatim was, "I have never seen anything so hush-hush. It could have a lot to do with the E9 board fiasco and the USS Fitzgerald tragedy that has taken priority over releasing the results."

Take that as you will. My excitement has dwindled drastically.

Guest NavySAR
Just now, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

It's complete radio silence on my end.  All I know is BOL is still up, and my Chief still hasn't received the schedule.  To be fair, he may have received it and just hasn't told me, but I think at this point he'd tell me just to shut me up!

:bigemo_harabe_net-76:

I liked the 27 July rumor...that was a good one.

I hated the 09 August rumor. I'm sure if one of mine had the sched they'd tell me

Guest TRON828

You know its bad at your command when the E4 and below are asking CO and CMC when they are coming out!!!! They are excited about it and they aren't even close to being up for it:P

Guest TRON828
1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

strongly doubt this, matter of fact ill best 100$ w 3:1 odds that its not today

Haha.. one day of per diem... I could lose that..

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

papasmurf it's good to see you back in a good mood!  These results have taken so long you've already moved through the five phases of the Chief selection process:

1. Hope

2. Anticipation

3. Worry

4. Bitterness

5. Resignation

Guest TRON828
Just now, papasmurf said:

hahaha then its a bet!:P

Or $100 in beverages.. haha.. nothing like a good ole turn up time..

Guest TRON828
1 minute ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

papasmurf it's good to see you back in a good mood!  These results have taken so long you've already moved through the five phases of Chief guilt:

1. Hope

2. Anticipation

3. Worry

4. Bitterness

5. Resignation

I'm on phase II...3, 4, and 5 never cross my mind... like a recent post of someone.. we ALL AWESOME.......:D

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
Just now, TRON828 said:

I'm on phase II...3, 4, and 5 never cross my mind... like a recent post of someone.. we ALL AWESOME.......:D

That was MY post!

:lol:

Guest TRON828
6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

i could use some heavy drinking... my nerves are fried

Yeah we all on the last nerve...Detailed my JeepBBb) last night... Went boot camp on it... FYI.. for you Jeep enthusiast ..1986-1995 aren't real Jeeps to me... real Jeeps have OO lights :D

16 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Morning all , this is what i got over the weekend... from a fellow first

"FORCM Mitchell visited our NOSC this weekend, he said that the results are coming but there have been some issues found with the selectee's records in the post legal admin scrub, that have nothing to do with the board process, also the incident on the Fitzgerald took manpower away from the post board review. He is hopeful they will come out this week." 

Thanks much papasmurf BBb)

Guest HawkISback
15 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

papasmurf it's good to see you back in a good mood!  These results have taken so long you've already moved through the five phases of the Chief selection process:

1. Hope

2. Anticipation

3. Worry

4. Bitterness

5. Resignation

Where's denial?

2 hours ago, Butter Star said:

One other thing to keep in mind is that the top 10% is highly competitive.  So quotas are obviously a big factor.  If the rate never swings wide open someone can always find themselves on the wrong side of the "bubble".  They might be a hot shot at their command and get EPs and SOYs, but there is that guy at all commands.  When ranking the top 10% from various commands I was surprised by how thin the difference was between #1 & #10.  Sometimes it's just a matter of how much can you cram into the eval.  Sometimes people get ranked higher because they fell into a situation that the other people never had a chance to do.  Example they were the LCPO because there wasn't a chief to fill the role.  They will look better than someone who was an LPO.

Without reviewing someone's record I can't say why they didn't make it for their particular case.  But as a general rule if your rate is at 10% or less advancement it'll be extremely competitive.  One thing can make the difference like the other person has more sea time or more warfare devices or volunteered for an IA/mob or got their MOVSM or whatever.  If you get passed over just try and find something that you haven't done, no matter how minor, and do it.  Unfortunately they don't release the rankings to let you know where you fell on the cut, but assume you were on the wrong side of the bubble and one or two more things will get you on the other side of the line.

And thank you for this Butter Star

:D