FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

yeah the stuff in NDAWS is good its my other than navy medals and awards that dont show up for some reason. They are on my DD214, but not in my awards history 

I got to watch our YN1 do it for mine, I had issues with my DMSM's because the UICs weren't a regular command. You almost need the original award nomination paperwork to get it in. 

One thing I got told was that you can't get MOVSM in ompf because it needs to be a NAM or higher. Has anyone gotten theirs in ompf?

36 minutes ago, CTRC(IW/SW/AW) said:

I was on here two years ago when I got my "H". It's hell waiting to find out if your selection will stand or not! For the most part, they are typically released and your selection stands. I have only seen it a couple times where the selection was pulled and that was for on going legal matters.

Agree, that's abouts how I've seen it too going way back. BBb)

Guest HawkISback
Just now, papasmurf said:

Yeah idk my movsm shoes up in my nsips award summary that's it

That was psd telling her that. Seems stupid to me 

Guest NavyChic
21 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I got to watch our YN1 do it for mine, I had issues with my DMSM's because the UICs weren't a regular command. You almost need the original award nomination paperwork to get it in. 

One thing I got told was that you can't get MOVSM in ompf because it needs to be a NAM or higher. Has anyone gotten theirs in ompf?

My MOVSM shows in NDAWS and NSIPS award summary but not on my PSR or OMPF. You can submit it to the board but if it's on an eval they should also see it there. 

Guest SEABEE(NMT)
4 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

My MOVSM shows in OMPF, NSIPS, and NDAWS.

My MOVSM does not show in OMPF. I was told when trying to get it in their that it has to be signed by higher Authority then my OIC at the time which was a LT. Which had writen authority from his boss which was a CAPT.  I m not sure if it totally tire or not that's just what I was told.

Guest NavyChic
13 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

My MOVSM shows in OMPF, NSIPS, and NDAWS.

Did your admin submit it to OMPF or did you submit it ? 

Guest Surf AT

I know I was always told that MOVSM would not show up in NDAWS or OMPF that it has to be NAM or higher to go in there. So, I was surprised when it showed up in there. I am not sure what will not show in OMPF besides LOA and LOCs.

Guest Surf AT

My admin submitted it. And that showed up. But a NAM I received at the same time did not show up and I had admin resubmit that one. I have other things that did show up and had to submit to PERS myself. One thing I learned from submitting to PERS is that you need to get the Command Addressed envelope from Admin. I have submitted things multiple times to no avail. I use the Command Addressed envelope and vola  it gets updated.

Guest navyordie123
9 hours ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I hope that this is the last week of waiting...stress levels are high right now.  We have AMI this week and pack out for C2X at the same time to go out on the ship next week. 

Are you at 22?

Guest PSjg78
4 hours ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

this is the first year that I ever looked at the CCA on BOL and before the board it said "no boards to show" during board it showed board number.  I just logged in again today and it says "no boards to show" again.  I too want to know what that is for.

Same here and right now it has some of the evals with hyperlinks on them ... even in the status column (last one) which is weird never showed that before and not all just from 2011 and on plus a couple from e5 like the first two .. I wonder what that means ...

Just now, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

They give the board the email it was sent in with as well

Hmm... I didn't submit it as an email. I submitted it on AMRDEC SAFE file transfer, as I always do, because I am unable to encrypt my emails from work. So, unless they also submitted the AMRDEC notification email with the link and random access password...

Guest SWSeabee
16 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Hmm... I didn't submit it as an email. I submitted it on AMRDEC SAFE file transfer, as I always do, because I am unable to encrypt my emails from work. So, unless they also submitted the AMRDEC notification email with the link and random access password...

It'll be the AMRDEC notification email with whatever comments put in the file description that makes up the extra 1-2 pages.

Guest SWSeabee
6 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

Good to know.

So two pages of inconsequential nothingness to waste more of their time,

The reason, as told to me, was the date/time stamp on the email. But yeah, more pages.

Gotta say if I am selected I like August 10th a little better as it allows me to go to a concert on the 9th (a 1 week delay from the rumored release date of 3rd).  I'm still confused as to why a band would have a concert on a Wednesday instead of a weekend like normal.

12 hours ago, papasmurf said:

soooooooo this is weird, just checking my OMPF and there is a few new DOC's added 7/17/2017

I wonder if that was stuff in relation to the board??

Anyone have any thoughts. there is a awards summary, member data summary, training/ed/qual history 

Packages sent to selection boards get uploaded to your ompf if they qualify. That started a couple of years ago.

Guest NavyChic

It would be great if we could get a timeline this week, both for us AD and the SELRES/FTS folk.

Like a lot of people, I'm just ready to know.

Guest USNWOMAN86
2 hours ago, Dogg said:

Packages sent to selection boards get uploaded to your ompf if they qualify. That started a couple of years ago.

Did you reenlist recently?