FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Surf AT
12 minutes ago, calamityjane said:

What does that even mean? Wouldn't they do legal checks prior to rack and stack?

No, they do the legal and PRT scrub afterwards. That's how someone gets an "H"

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, Riverine Rat said:

"TEAMWORK!!!"

Seriously, everyone who gets this gets a like.  It's 50% of my baseline for finding new friends.

Guest CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
3 minutes ago, Surf AT said:

No, they do the legal and PRT scrub afterwards. That's how someone gets an "H"

You can get an "H" for any number of things. Mine was for a NJP that the board had access to as a part of my record. Some people get an "H" based off of something that the board wasn't able to see. After you go through writing your response and the CO's recommendation, CNP will either release your selection or deny it. Fortunately for me, it was released and I was pinned on time. I have seen some advancements get denied over it. Good luck to all!

Guest Surf AT

Now that Old Ironsides is back in the water, that in itself should signal results soon. They even prepped her for the new selects to come visit.

Guest TRON828
37 minutes ago, TrustYourKeel said:

That would be a dream to be initiated aboard her! Did anyone see the back to boot camp message for selectees? Any interest to head back to where it all began?

Nah.. not the current boot camp.  I came in pre 9/11(R.I.P.) I'd go retro with the utilities. I made First Class 6 months after NWU's came out. Always wanted to wear crispy short sleeve utitliy shirt flexing that CHEVRON.. so when I made it.. I was like ^ it...I had a pic took with me in it:D...

dont got 5 kids ...Only 1 kid.. and he's plenty 

Guest NCC D
1 hour ago, TrustYourKeel said:

That would be a dream to be initiated aboard her! Did anyone see the back to boot camp message for selectees? Any interest to head back to where it all began?

I had five friends that stayed aboard her for a week and were pinned onboard in 2012.  I, unfortunately, didn't make it until the next year.  I will be a sponsor at RTC this year. 150 selects and 15 Genuines.  Hopefully, I will see some of you there?

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, TrustYourKeel said:

I would, and I would even pay for the ticket. 

5 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

huh got ya

interesting.. didnt know you could have things like that

Every once in awhile, we have members of this forum who have to go through it and mostly legal but can't remember some of the stuff. In fact, I think one of the seasoned members who did bring it up on this forum but made it after a lengthy hold.

Guest CryptoSquid
10 minutes ago, TrustYourKeel said:

Trust in the fact that there are about 2,700 in the same position for SELRES/ FTS and thousands more for AD. But I feel your pain......

agree, i think a lot of us are all tired of the waiting game, i know for me this is my 7th time up and the wait seems to kill me a little bit more every year 

Guest HawkISback
34 minutes ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

As with all "reliable source" information goes, take this for what its worth: the word I received today was Triad Notification will be Thursday, Aug 3rd, for AC.

Haha gotta love those quotation marks. 

Guest PO14Life

The results need to come out soon. I'm having the crazy dreams about getting the call but not really making it.

Guest PSC2B

Even though I am dying over here waiting for the AD results, I feel sorry for my fellow sailors in the FTS/SELRES community. You all been waiting a hot mintue for your results.  

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
54 minutes ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

As with all "reliable source" information goes, take this for what its worth: the word I received today was Triad Notification will be Thursday, Aug 3rd, for AC.

For what it is worth:

I was told the exact same thing today by high ranking "reliable sources." But, I was told specifically that it was the FTS/SELRES results for this day.

Guest PSC2B

Question about PRT.  Anyone remember when the PRT/PFA change in Fall 2015 occurred.  If you failed BCA you still could do the rest of the PRT.    I have a GM1 who did that. He failed BCA but pass the rest of the PRT.   He ask me if I thought that would like bad on the board even if it was 3 cycles ago. I told him I would think so but I woudld ask the question here. Can anyone answer this? 

Guest TRON828
4 minutes ago, PSC2B said:

Question about PRT.  Anyone remember when the PRT/PFA change in Fall 2015 occurred.  If you failed BCA you still could do the rest of the PRT.    I have a GM1 who did that. He failed BCA but pass the rest of the PRT.   He ask me if I thought that would like bad on the board even if it was 3 cycles ago. I told him I would think so but I woudld ask the question here. Can anyone answer this? 

No.. NAVADMIN said you could. GM1's PRT in PRIMS should say pass. Then he's good to go. Do you know if he passed his BCA after that? Curious..That changed saved 3 people at my command. They were about to go home but ended up staying.

This year, I submitted just my EXW cert and cover sheet for my LTB because my EXW cert wasn't going to make it in to my record in time. About a week after submitting the LTB (2 pages), I called NPC to confirm receipt. They told me that 4 pages were received and submitted to the board. Kinda strange why I submitted two but they "received" 4. My Chief told me to not worry about it...and I'm not worried...just thinking about it.

Guest TRON828

I give credit to any CFL or ACFL. Holding people's careers in your hands can be a stressful job . We had some ACFL's who were failing a lot of people back in 2005 at my command. Come to find out they were measuring them wrong. They got fired from that collateral and DRB'ed. That kind of stuff isn't a horse shoe game. Being fair is a must but playing like you in the Wild West will get you bucked off your horse.:mellow:

Guest PSC2B

He passed every BCA and PRTafter that.  One PRT was DE/OP becasue we were underway.

I keep telling him not to worry and that he should be ok. But I thought I would ask. 

Guest TRON828
2 minutes ago, PSC2B said:

He passed everpassed ever BCA and PRTafter that.  One PRT was DE/OP becasue we were underway.

I keep telling him not to worry you should be ok. But I thought I would ask. 

Anytime

Guest SEABEE(NMT)
Just now, papasmurf said:

soooooooo this is weird, just checking my OMPF and there is a few new DOC's added 7/17/2017

I wonder if that was stuff in relation to the board??

Anyone have any thoughts. there is a awards summary, member data summary, training/ed/qual history 

Did you recently reenlist?