FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest TRON828

Thinking about getting some new Mizuno running shoes . Logging mad miles on these Nikes since May and they are about done. Any recommendations???

Guest TRON828
2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

soooooooo this is weird, just checking my OMPF and there is a few new DOC's added 7/17/2017

I wonder if that was stuff in relation to the board??

Anyone have any thoughts. there is a awards summary, member data summary, training/ed/qual history 

What were they? 

Guest SEABEE(NMT)
7 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Ah that i did! thats it huh...

Yes it is. When you reenlist all training quals and what not gets updated in your OMPF. I wish I could've renlisted before the board. I've have been trying to get my ompf squared away for a year now. I've been going though the correct process and still nothing. So I keep sending my letter to the board with 9 attachments. I hope it's not looked upon negatively that it hasn't been fix yet. 

1 minute ago, SEABEE(NMT) said:

Yes it is. When you reenlist all training quals and what not gets updated in your OMPF. I wish I could've renlisted before the board. I've have been trying to get my ompf squared away for a year now. I've been going though the correct process and still nothing. So I keep sending my letter to the board with 9 attachments. I hope it's not looked upon negatively that it hasn't been fix yet. 

When you reenlist all training quals and what not gets should get updated in your OMPF.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Always follow up!

Guest AlphaMaleOne
1 hour ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

As with all "reliable source" information goes, take this for what its worth: the word I received today was Triad Notification will be Thursday, Aug 3rd, for AC.

I was guessing at the latest the 4th but was hoping for the 1st. I will settle for the gut shot 3rd.

Guest HawkISback
7 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Join the crowd, my awards are still screwed up, missing other docs from OMPF and I cant seem to get my degree to show up anywhere correctly.. so I just keep sending stuff

N case you guys are not aware, I learned this tidbit this year.  For awards to be shown in ompf you have to have them loaded into NDAWS first.

Guest PO14Life

Well there are a lot of shoulds dealing with it. Like when awards get loaded they should transfer over to ESR and NSIPS as well. Also, when you send your stuff to pers they should update it. I feel y'all I've been trying to get mine updated for the last year. I hope they take into consideration that either PERS or PSD can drop the ball.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
8 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Well there are a lot of shoulds dealing with it. Like when awards get loaded they should transfer over to ESR and NSIPS as well. Also, when you send your stuff to pers they should update it. I feel y'all I've been trying to get mine updated for the last year. I hope they take into consideration that either PERS or PSD can drop the ball.

I doubt they place any blame on PERS or PSD when it comes to our record.  we are the ones who should be making sure its squared away.  it sucks that we have to go through them to get it done though.  if our own Admins could do it all we can pester them and not have to reach out away from our own command.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
1 minute ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Has anyone ever notice that the board information populates in CCA on BOL? I only ask because last year my CCA never displayed any information, but this year it did. I spoke with a Senior Chief that said it meant I wasn't even looked at last year. I am not sure if that is true or not just curious as to what others thought.

this is the first year that I ever looked at the CCA on BOL and before the board it said "no boards to show" during board it showed board number.  I just logged in again today and it says "no boards to show" again.  I too want to know what that is for.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
3 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

I saw it a while back in an NPC board power point... It said if that block doesn't populate with the board number and date you aren't being considered. Anyways of the 3 times I have been up it only populated with board number and date this year. Mine too went away a few days after the board adjourned.

yeah that kind of had me worried when it went away....I hope one of the old salts in here can explain further what that's for.

Guest PO14Life
6 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I doubt they place any blame on PERS or PSD when it comes to our record.  we are the ones who should be making sure its squared away.  it sucks that we have to go through them to get it done though.  if our own Admins could do it all we can pester them and not have to reach out away from our own command.

Not that they blame them, just take into consideration. That as long as you are aware of the problem and are trying to get it fixed. I tried three times through my PSD before I tried to go straight to PERS and I still haven't heard back from them. Understandably they are busy. It's not that I'm not trying 

Guest ¡Viva!
12 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

I saw it a while back in an NPC board power point... It said if that block doesn't populate with the board number and date you aren't being considered. Anyways of the 3 times I have been up it only populated with board number and date this year. Mine too went away a few days after the board adjourned.

I am in the Same boat aS you are. I waS up for three timeS, but I only Saw the board number on my CCA during FY18 Chief Board Selection. Can you elaborate on the "if it doeSn't populate, then you are not being conSidered". Like, what ranked Said that, and how true IS it?

Guest AlphaMaleOne
5 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Check out the power point I posted.. slide 12. Also last year my results were all weird cause I was deployed on an IA. My actual parent command during the IA didn't get my results and the command I went to after the results didn't get my results... My IA command got the results and they didn't have anything to do with my being selection board eligible (what I mean is my original parent command submitted my BOG waiver for me to be automatically board eligible).

I just realized you capped all the S's in your reply... Trying for some voodoo selection magic eh? lol

LOL I just caught that aS well

Guest ¡Viva!
2 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Check out the power point I posted.. slide 12. Also last year my results were all weird cause I was deployed on an IA. My actual parent command during the IA didn't get my results and the command I went to after the results didn't get my results... My IA command got the results and they didn't have anything to do with my being selection board eligible (what I mean is my original parent command submitted my BOG waiver for me to be automatically board eligible).

So Say for example that a firSt claSS is board eligible,  but there were no board numberS on the CCA. Even though he made the board, he waS not being conSidered? If that'S the caSe, then that SuckS.

Guest ¡Viva!
3 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

LOL I just caught that aS well

Well I tried everything, might aS well try thiS. Will let u know it it workS.

Guest CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
4 hours ago, Tony said:

Every once in awhile, we have members of this forum who have to go through it and mostly legal but can't remember some of the stuff. In fact, I think one of the seasoned members who did bring it up on this forum but made it after a lengthy hold.

I was on here two years ago when I got my "H". It's hell waiting to find out if your selection will stand or not! For the most part, they are typically released and your selection stands. I have only seen it a couple times where the selection was pulled and that was for on going legal matters.

Guest dyloch
1 hour ago, PSC2B said:

Question about PRT.  Anyone remember when the PRT/PFA change in Fall 2015 occurred.  If you failed BCA you still could do the rest of the PRT.    I have a GM1 who did that. He failed BCA but pass the rest of the PRT.   He ask me if I thought that would like bad on the board even if it was 3 cycles ago. I told him I would think so but I woudld ask the question here. Can anyone answer this? 

I can say they may look at it but not sure it weighs as much as you think.  I made it lwith the same exact problem you describe.  It all depends on your "big picture", are you getting satisfactories or solid good and above, what other things are you doind etc....

Guest CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
6 hours ago, papasmurf said:

What have they denied it for? Or what have they given H for? 

Anything that the board doesn't see  caught in the post board scrub(failed PRT, mast, court martial, pending legal) or anything negative in your record that CNP wants more information about.