FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Intel
2 hours ago, LSHARP said:

I'm thinking the culprit is a hyt save but no one what's to hear that 

If that's the case, that was a serious misuse of a quota, in my opinion.  I thought it was supposed to be "The best of the best, not the best of the rest."  I get the sympathy for HYT, but it isn't a valid reason to MAP someone.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
Just now, TrustYourKeel said:

:5272:

6 weeks since FTS/SELRES board adjourned.

holy smokes! I didn't realize it has been that long.

Guest PSjg78
Just now, papasmurf said:

I'm avoiding texting the master chief I know who sat the board I've been soooooo tempted lol

I seen him coming my way and I was like don't stop and talk to me please don't stop and what does he do ... he stops and talks to me hahahahha

Guest PSjg78
1 minute ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

holy smokes! I didn't realize it has been that long.

Right this is just NUTS!

Guest PSjg78
2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Maybe that's a good sign lol checking to see your reaction...

hahahha hopefully hahah I played it cool as heck but man inside I was BURSTING!  We talked about one of my mentee's who happens to be at his command and he just MAP her to FCPO.. he talked about how he was so proud of her and that she has a great MENTOR hahha I was like dying inside ...  I told him I was extremely happy for her she has worked her tail off and has come such a long way from when I met her 4 years ago

Guest AlphaMaleOne

Has anyone ever included a letter of recommendation in their Letter to Board package? If so who did it come from and what did it say? 

Guest AlphaMaleOne
2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

I did last year from my boss, this year I left it out 

what rank was your boss?  what was the gist of what was said in the letter?  I sent one in this year.  I had never heard of anyone else doing that which is why I asked. 

Guest PSjg78
50 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Either way sounds like he went to bat for you in the shark tank I bet!!

I pray it all worked itself out !!! Now I'm really on pins and needles 

Guest AlphaMaleOne
1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

He's the VP of operations so pretty high up... and I can send you what mine said if you are interested, a BMC I know suggested it... as far as a letter he did when he got picked up so don't know if it was ignored or helped ... 

mine was from a FORCM which I would assume holds some sort of weight.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
3 minutes ago, PSC2B said:

Did anyone send a Career Summary with your package?  I did.  I was told that it helps. 

I was told not to send a career summary because the board already can see your history of assignments and evals. 

Guest PSC2B
1 hour ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I was told not to send a career summary because the board already can see your history of assignments and evals. 

I was told to send one. My CMC and a couple of Chiefs here told me that if you want the board to see/know any accomplisments more than 5 years ago "send it" so I did. 

Guest AlphaMaleOne
4 minutes ago, PSC2B said:

I was told to send one. My CMC and a couple of Chiefs here told me that if you want the board to see/know anything accomplisments more than 5 years ago "send it" so I did. 

I also think it may be a rate thing because me being an AM my career summary would read like this:

2003-2006 VAW-115  fixed airplanes

2006-2008 VS-32  fixed airplanes

2008-2010 FRC SE fixed airplane parts

I think you get the point.  :D

Guest PSC2B
1 hour ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I also think it may be a rate thing because me being an AM my career summary would read like this:

2003-2006 VAW-115  fixed airplanes

2006-2008 VS-32  fixed airplanes

2008-2010 FRC SE fixed airplane parts

I think you get the point.  :D

LOL.YEAH I get it. 

Guest Redsnoopy414
1 hour ago, PSC2B said:

I was told to send one. My CMC and a couple of Chiefs here told me that if you want the board to see/know any accomplisments more than 5 years ago "send it" so I did. 

I have been told by several board members to send a summary letter.  Largely due to the "undocumented ADHD" that board members have.  That's a direct quote btw. 

Guest Redsnoopy414

A couple of years ago I had a MC that I sat 10 feet from.  He went to the board. He came back.  And I had to discuss daily matters, briefings etc with him everyday until results came out.  It was horrible. But I didn't ask because I wouldnt put him in that position. So if you have ever wondered if knowing a board member helps your chances.  It may or may not. Depends on your situation. It didn't help mine.  I had failed a PRT the year before. 

Guest TRON828

Our fate has already been "selected" .. all we can do is spend time with our families and have a good time. If I do then awesome.. if i don't.. go at it again.  :D

Guest Christyl

WHat does a chief hopeful do on their Friday night.... well apparently I'm not the only person on here! Hahah. 37 guest and 11 members :lol:

Guest BOATSNUGGYD

Try to relax and enjoy the weekend

7 minutes ago, Christyl said:

WHat does a chief hopeful do on their Friday night.... well apparently I'm not the only person on here! Hahah. 37 guest and 11 members :lol:

Guest BOATSNUGGYD

7 minutes ago, Christyl said:

But I'm not a chief

Guest HawkISback

When I go to CNPs Facebook page I'm like what would be wrong asking the PAO running it what's the gouge? I think people will be more anxious not knowing through the weekend then saying okay another five workdays before the results. Then you can relax.  Sheesh don't wanna be a broken record but throw a bone. 

Guest Redsnoopy414
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

When I go to CNPs Facebook page I'm like what would be wrong asking the PAO running it what's the gouge? I think people will be more anxious not knowing through the weekend then saying okay another five workdays before the results. Then you can relax.  Sheesh don't wanna be a broken record but throw a bone. 

Yeah I think a solid date even a week out is better than knowing nothing and playing the guessing game.  But that's just me.