FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Riverine Rat

Ohh they are good they hit us with some fake news got everyone's hopes up. They started laughing saying the games have begun

Guest PSjg78
Just now, Riverine Rat said:

Ohh they are good they hit us with some fake news got everyone's hopes up. They started laughing saying the games have begun

This is unhealthy hahhah

Guest Deepsea12
1 minute ago, Christyl said:

In real news, I stress ate my boyfriends ice cream for lunch while he's at work :blush: 

IMG_0778.JPG

Working on your Core... it is on the label.

Guest Christyl
3 minutes ago, Deepsea12 said:

Working on your Core... it is on the label.

Hahah!!! I fly out to meet the ship on deployment Friday, that in combination with waiting for results I've been out of control!!! 

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 minute ago, Christyl said:

Hahah!!! I fly out to meet the ship on deployment Friday, that in combination with waiting for results I've been out of control!!! 

I can relate.. Heading to VA for my schools that start on the 31st but flying there tomorrow and when I asked the CoC about what to do if I pickup I got the shoulder shrug. It will be interesting next couple of days!!

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, Christyl said:

I am in a weird spot too if I don't pick up! I will be there a few days over 90 at the new command. I am hoping I get approved for NOB. A welcome aboard P eval will hurt my average for the test! Ugh. 

Yes I am worried about the PMA hit, I am a worrier by nature so the exam always puts me on edge.  Good luck. 

Guest Deepsea12
2 minutes ago, Christyl said:

I am in a weird spot too if I don't pick up! I will be there a few days over 90 at the new command. I am hoping I get approved for NOB. A welcome aboard P eval will hurt my average for the test! Ugh. 

You need a great transfer eval... and DO NOT settle for a welcome aboard  "P". Show up and start kicking butt, it is up to you how they perceive your performance.

Guest Admin_warrior
15 minutes ago, Deepsea12 said:

You need a great transfer eval... and DO NOT settle for a welcome aboard  "P". Show up and start kicking butt, it is up to you how they perceive your performance.

I was in the same boat last year. I detached in July and got a if ranked #1 of 36 but I checked in and got a welcome aboard P. Only thing it did was lower my PMA but the write up was good. My CO sat my board last year (PS/YN) and he said don't worry about the P, worry about the write up and that you are at or above the CO average

Guest hayes
1 hour ago, Deepsea12 said:

How is this delay going to affect selects going to the Constitution?

It won't - Heritage Week doesn't start until August 21st.

Guest hayes
6 minutes ago, Deepsea12 said:

Even for Reservists?

Yup. Both weeks are a mishmash of SELRES, FTS, and AC selectees.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

So the news I just received from my command is that the TRIAD will be notified on 2 August with everyone's results. That means Reserve, FTS, and Active Duty will get their results together this year, which means I can enjoy my birthday this weekend.  LOL  I think this could be some solid information and goes along with what one of my Senior Chief said last week, I am at a large command and they are expecting a lot of new Chiefs this year.

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

So the news I just received from my command is that the TRIAD will be notified on 2 August with everyone's results. That means Reserve, FTS, and Active Duty will get their results together this year, which means I can enjoy my birthday this weekend.  LOL  I think this could be some solid information and goes along with what one of my Senior Chief said last week, I am at a large command and they are expecting a lot of new Chiefs this year.

I'll be on leave woot, if the news is bad I don't have to be at work.  

Guest Riverine Rat

At least I will have this weekend to pack up my house and get ready to move in two weeks so the wife won't have to do everything by herself

Guest PO14Life

So my chief is going on leave starting today. Will that have any impact on me for when the results come out?

Guest PO14Life
1 minute ago, LSHARP said:

It shouldn't, your CMC should ensure you know one way or another

Thanks just don't want to get lost in the confusion. 

Guest Surf AT

With my check out I had to get a signature from one of the board members. He was great at not saying anything. He asked when my last day would be at the command. Then he asked when I was planing on checking in to the next command. I told him when and he replied are you sure about that? I then replied unless I get called in. With a half smile he said sorry you won't be getting anytime off and good luck. UGH!!!!