FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
7 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Especially with the "I hope you make it" comments

Yes those are tough, I know people think it's nice but ugh. Shhhhhh.  

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
10 minutes ago, PO14Life said:

Especially with the "I hope you make it" comments

What's worse is the "You'll definitely make it this time" comments. 

Guest WRECKIN_CREW_71
5 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

What's worse is the "You'll definitely make it this time" comments. 

Or "I can't believe you are not a Chief yet!"

7 minutes ago, WRECKIN_CREW_71 said:

Or "I can't believe you are not a Chief yet!"

Right, especially those prone to the melodramatic with those lingering facial expressions.

top-10-royal-dogs-who-look-like-the-queen-L-bBU4Ud.jpg

"I can't believe you are not a Chief yet!!!"
ruf, bow wow!!

Guest SinglescrewAC

Hello shipmates. Been a few years since I made a post here. I'm pretty stoked about this upcoming season. 

Just wanted to make a comment for those saying there has to be a 24 hour heads up. When the Senior Chief results came out this year there was about a 2 hour heads up......unless I missed something. I was in the middle of PCS so there's that. 

Guest NavyChic
1 minute ago, SinglescrewAC said:

Hello shipmates. Been a few years since I made a post here. I'm pretty stoked about this upcoming season. 

Just wanted to make a comment for those saying there has to be a 24 hour heads up. When the Senior Chief results came out this year there was about a 2 hour heads up......unless I missed something. I was in the middle of PCS so there's that. 

Yeah, this year hasn't been the norm! Or going the way it has been in the past. I think it had to do with the E9 board maybe.

Guest NavyChic

I think we all just want a peace of mind. Especially for FTS/SELRES.

If results for FTS/SELRES don't come out this week I think they will come out next week with us AD folks results.

This weekend will be the calm before the storm of next week.

33 minutes ago, SinglescrewAC said:

Senior Chief is a totally different ballgame. It does not follow the typical Triad release.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
12 hours ago, PR1de said:

Thanks bro.  Yeah it did suck.  I'm back on shore-duty now, so I get to catch-up on lost time with my family while the kids are out of school.  This is my twilight tour, so hopefully I got the nod this year.  When were you here?

VAW-115 2003-2006 and then again HSC-12 2012-2014

Guest USNWOMAN86
4 minutes ago, NavyPride34 said:

Is this a guess or do you have credible Intel?

Tired of Sailors and their "reliable sources" always being wrong.  Until something official comes out no one actually knows anything. 

8 minutes ago, USNWOMAN86 said:

Tired of Sailors and their "reliable sources" always being wrong.  Until something official comes out no one actually knows anything. 

As has been the case, on this forum, in years past, this place is to share scuttlebutt. When people gather in a group in person, they share info. I doubt someone will tell them they are tired of them talking about whatever they heard. And we have gotten some good intel in the past. 

Guest USNWOMAN86
1 minute ago, Tony said:

As has been the case, on this forum, in years past, this place is to share scuttlebutt. When people gather in a group in person, they share info. I doubt someone will tell them they are tired of them talking about whatever they heard. And we have gotten some good intel from the past. 

Well in that case, I heard from 2 reliable sources they will be out 02AUG17, FTS/SELRES/AD all together. 

Guest Deepsea12
4 minutes ago, VegasMA said:

Just throwing it out there, the NEX already has a mannequin setup with a sign saying, "Congratulations Chief Selectees"

Is the mannequin's name "Timmy"? 

Guest Deepsea12
1 minute ago, Deepsea12 said:

Is the mannequin's name "Timmy"? 

Seaman Timmy has been UA for five weeks now.

7 minutes ago, VegasMA said:

Just throwing it out there, the NEX already has a mannequin setup with a sign saying, "Congratulations Chief Selectees"

The NEX folks seem to always know what's going on before anybody else. 

Guest Deepsea12
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

The NEX folks seem to always know what's going on before anybody else. 

Yep, someone call Delores at Great Lakes... she will have credible info for sure.

Guest IT1Dolph

LONG time lurker here... I finally took the plunge and made an account today.  I figured making this account might push me over the edge to that coveted "S".  I get my Big Navy fix from you guys.  You guys crack me up.  Thank you for keeping me (sane?) while we all wait for the results to come out.  Good luck to everyone eligible!  

Guest PSjg78
51 minutes ago, USNWOMAN86 said:

You understand this page is Sailors just passing info... sometimes we get it right sometimes we don't, ultimately we are all here to share and standby with each other... we make the wait that much more fun then just waiting in suspense alone..

Guest PSjg78
56 minutes ago, METOC said:

I'm fairly positive this will be the last free weekend for the fortunate ones. Enjoy the time off for a while. I, for one, am knocking out a ton of delinquent yard work.

yuppers, husband and I are going away for the weekend... he said well if this is your last free weekend in awhile lets take advantage of it especially since our little man comes home next weekend from summer vacation... now to decide where we are going hahah