FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest EffSeeUno

While many are rushing to send in last minute LTBs I wanted to take a moment to recommend something many people overlook, PT!  I have the unfortunate perspective of having been a member of The Mess, for only a short amount of time. PM me, if you want to know my story. Now I look to get back in, I can tell you one thing every select wishes they had prepared better was their body. You don't want to wait till the results are out to start. If you aren't doing PT at LEAST 3 times a week, you will be, and then some. Get out there and run. Self assess your PFA status and make your goals now.

Guest navyordie123

LTB submitted. Out of my hands now, the wait officially begins. Has anyone had issues accessing their OMPF? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Guest AJay
10 hours ago, HMSFIDC said:

Does anyone have the site where you go to download the certificated for the cscselboard@navy.mil email in order to send the LTB's encrypted?  Thanks in advance!

HMSFIDC, here are the info from NPC, hope this helps.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/organization/npc/csc/Pages/SelectionBoardPackages.aspx

To download the “Cert”-

Please note, you MUST be using MS Outlook with a CAC reader , including “ActivClient” software and have Internet Explorer or Netscape 7

Go to https://dod411.gds.disa.mil

Type CSCSELBOARD@NAVY.MIL in the “E-Mail address field, then click “Search”.

Click the “BUPERS” link under “Last Name”. Click on the link “Download Certificate(s) as vCard
Click “Software Certificate for CSCSELBOARD@NAVY.MIL”. Click the “Open” button for the File Download popup. The Certificate will then open. Click “Save and Close”. The Certificate is then saved to the profile and can be used to send your encrypted e-mail.

If you have already sent your package “Unencrypted”, there is NO NEED to resubmit.

For efficient processing and internal tracking purposes, we ask that you place "Board Package: Board No. XXXX" (XXXX represents the actual board number) in the subject line of your e-mail.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Love all the positive vibes here in the forum. I just submitted my package yesterday (also just graduated 2379 so wanted to include my certificate of completion). Best of luck to all!!

Guest Doc-Bigmac

:5252:Package sent in yesterday. Got good feed back from the Chain of Command.  Here to hoping.  Good luck to everyone!!!

Guest EffSeeUno
14 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Once the package has been sent, about how long is it before it is received?

Email or postal? You should have received an autoreply from the email at the customer service center in Millington.

Guest Art Vandelay

I have a question for those of you who already sent your packages in, and for those of you who are where I want to be. My question is when you sent your packages in did your encrypt the PDF or did you simply encrypt the email? My reason for asking is because a Chief that reviewed my package stated that once the board gets is they can go in and change stuff. I am thinking that maybe that is not true because the content of the documents scanned can not be changed, yeah sure they can go in and change the name on the top right corner but not the actual content of the document, recommendations...

Also, before I send this thing out before I go on leave let me say that I appreciate all of the feedback and constructive criticism in regard to packages because I read every post and took it all in. Just going back and reviewing packages that I have sent in the past I can spot many mistakes from a mile away and after coming back from talking to our CMC who has sat numerous boards he told me that the deal can be broken if packages are messed up, so thank you all for input. Also, it helped this time because I actually read the NAVADMIN for as much information as I could get as opposed to other years of just looking for the due date. Because of you guys I actually got off of my can and went to any Chief that would listen to me and pick their brain for advice. Thank you to all of the Chiefs on this board that reach back and give advice, I have taken it all in. Also, thank you to everybody for being positive because over the internet a lot of people can say whatever because it is anonymous, but there wasn't any of that this time around and it is much appreciated because this process is nerve wrecking enough. Good luck to everyone here going up for Chief and Senior Chief. MA1 out.

Guest navyordie123

For updates to OMPF, can ADMIN submit them to BOL or do they have to mail it off for the paperwork to get submitted?

Guest Doc-Bigmac
6 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

For updates to OMPF, can ADMIN submit them to BOL or do they have to mail it off for the paperwork to get submitted?

If you go here... http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/recordsmanagement/militarypersonnelrecords/Pages/DocSubmiss.aspx  ....it will give you instructions on how to submit various documents to your permanent record.  Also, on the left side of the screen there is a tab to click on that will tell you how to remove documents from OMPF.  I sent an email to have four duplicate documents removed and it was complete in about 3-5 business days.  Hope this helps. 

Guest navyordie123
14 hours ago, Doc-Bigmac said:

If you go here... http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/recordsmanagement/militarypersonnelrecords/Pages/DocSubmiss.aspx  ....it will give you instructions on how to submit various documents to your permanent record.  Also, on the left side of the screen there is a tab to click on that will tell you how to remove documents from OMPF.  I sent an email to have four duplicate documents removed and it was complete in about 3-5 business days.  Hope this helps. 

Thank you for that information. Im gonna try and knock that out myself. My admin snailed mailed it in and we all know how that can go sometimes.

Guest navyordie123

Well here the real countdown begins. I hope that everyone got their LTBs in. Good Luck to all my brothers and sisters out there. Let the Good Times Roll!!! Thank you to everyone for all the good information that has been posted. it has definitely helped me out alot

Guest 343SBE

Sent my LTB in on Sunday, as my command had a 96 and yesterday was the deadline.  Good luck to everyone out there.  Going to be interesting this year as I PCS during the release of the board result time frame.

Guest navyordie123

Who knows when that is going to be. I say the guessing will start when the quotas are gonna come out. 

Guest FCC_Thawk

I'm going with triad release August 4th with general release the following day.  After this, I have two looks left as I hit 17 years yesterday.  Fingers crossed for the coveted S!  By the way, big congratulations to everyone that picked up Senior Chief!

Guest SandcrabCTT
54 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

FTS/SELRES board adjourns tomorrow here's hoping for a June 30th release lol. 

Here we go...... I am going to say the same thing that tomorrow the FTS/SELRES board is done but I  was looking at the last two cycles and it had looked like the results were always put out during the first week of July, usually right after July 4th...

Guest navyordie123

Does the board look at transfer evals as well as regular evals? I have transferred twice with in the past year, since I was LIMDU and am now back on sea duty.

Guest OldSalt

The magic crystal ball says the results will be released within 24 hours after the day before results are released ends. Thanks magic crystal ball! You are so helpful. I am going with to the Triads 3rd and public release on the 4th of August.

Guest TRON828

Counting the days down... I guess we are all waiting.. Maybe I'm 1 of the 5 they

select..AT FTS..Wooooo..:D..

5 aircraft formation.. Last time was in 2006..Vanguard FOREVER!

image.jpeg

Guest FTS PS1

8 Quotas for 109 PS FTS this year.  I'm feeling good about my chances...but one never know.  Any other FTS PSs out there?