FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123
32 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

My command gathers everyone around if someone makes it and announces it to everyone. I think this is good because it puts the focus on celebrating a victory rather than focusing on the negatives of "defeat" and non selection. For the people that aren't selected or promoted it also takes away that repetitive awkward questions of: Did you make it? If no one makes it, the commanding officer brings all those who were eligible together in private and informs them that none were selected. I like it this way.

that is a really good way to do it, I agree, takes away the sting and focuses on the positive and celebrating a shipmates success.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Being the only FTS at my command, the TRIAD and the Mess were not even tracking the results, I had to go tell them and I ended up finding out the following day with the rest of the fleet. I let them know that I was one of their Sailors as well and that I thought that it was pretty sad since I was the only one. They all said they were sorry and said they would make sure that it would not happen again. We will see, I think it will happen this time because they all are talking to me about the results coming out now.

Guest SandcrabCTT
4 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Being the only FTS at my command, the TRIAD and the Mess were not even tracking the results, I had to go tell them and I ended up finding out the following day with the rest of the fleet. I let them know that I was one of their Sailors as well and that I thought that it was pretty sad since I was the only one. They all said they were sorry and said they would make sure that it would not happen again. We will see, I think it will happen this time because they all are talking to me about the results coming out now.

Did you say that your leadership was talking about results coming out now???

Guest Johnny31874

I say we all sit back and relax. It is out of our hands. Let the results come out when they come out. :rolleyes:

Guest FTS PS1

Pretty much the only time of year one will hear me complaining about how long the weekend is taking to be over lol.  The first three weeks of the month flew by, but something tells me that the last 1 1/2 won't be so kind <_< Maybe tomorrow we will get that "Wednesday release"announcement .

Guest Johnny31874
15 hours ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Take the time today and reflect on the values and love that we place in our children. Think of how your own fathers have shaped your own lives and led you to where you are in your career and personal lives. Think of how you will  and have applied those lessons, values, and feelings into being a leader. Most importantly, remember that there is no success in the Navy that will ever compare to being a great father and knowing your kids love and respect you as their "leader".

Great advice. Thank you!

Guest SeaBeeDoc
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, SandcrabCTT said:

Did you say that your leadership was talking about results coming out now???

They just know that they are coming out soon, they gave me no specific time.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, Tony said:

In the context of how it relates to SeaBeeDoc this year "now"
:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

I Wish !  LOL They just know that they are coming out soon, they gave me no specific time.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Does anyone know how many FTS were board eligible this year? I know they are only making 16 HM's just curious.

Guest Doc-Bigmac
10 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

16.62% For the HM community not bad!

:5274:Well the quotas are out, the board has convened...  Prayers are in...  Now we just sit back and wait for the next few weeks to see what God has in store for us all. 

Guest 343SBE

significant drop in the YN rate, from 29% last year to 21%.  First time I've seen it under 100 personnel they were making Chief.

Guest Doc-Bigmac
2 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

Any word on the convening order and board membership?

Still nothing on NPC.  Haven't heard anything from anyone either.

Dropped a percent for AME, but the total number stayed the same at 17 so just means fewer eligible this year.  Not holding my breath with a PRT failure, and a few P's back to back.  Looking like next year is my last shot, and not sure how well this eval will be since I just checked into my new command.  Now that I have most of my qualifications back I can start looking at command collaterals.

Guest NAVYGUY209
11 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Dropped a percent for AME, but the total number stayed the same at 17 so just means fewer eligible this year.  Not holding my breath with a PRT failure, and a few P's back to back.  Looking like next year is my last shot, and not sure how well this eval will be since I just checked into my new command.  Now that I have most of my qualifications back I can start looking at command collaterals.

Yeah man it dropped 3.55% for LS this year too. Our rate is so big though

Guest NAVYGUY209

For this being my first time up it's not as nerve wrecking I guess, kind of like going up for 1ST class for the first time. I know CPO_PRIDE247 said to compare yourself to others in your rate, but for me I always self doubt myself. Could I have done this better, done that better. Oh man look at that LS1, they are on point.  I was told to just prep yourself for the next one just in case your not selected, so instead of sweating the numbers I just continue to help junior sailors and the same peer group sailors. Sooner or later the time will come to get that "S"

Guest NAVYGUY209
6 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

You are in a great way of thinking. Controlling what you own and letting the rest fall into place is the best approach. Especially within the LS rating. An LS career path can take many different paths and not everyone will have the same quals or NECs. With so many different types of duty all we can do is excel in whatever mission we have. Always keep in your mind that the road to success is always under construction.

First off I guess if you phrase certain words it changes it. ha ha ha ha.

I agree chief as an LS we are so diverse in where we can go and what we can do. You really just have to make the best of it and excel and what you do.  I just go with the Is what it is mentality and figure if it's my time, awesome. If it's not, well what can I do to better myself and the people around me. As long as I know that I did the best that I could, I'm very content with that.

Guest 343SBE
15 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

If I can recommend a book to you, it is called Start With Why by Simon Sinek. A lot of people know what they do and how they do it, but never find out at the core, WHY. I think it would help you be a success no matter where you are. The book along with Leaders Eat Last really helped me become a better leader and person. Plus, what better way to kill time for the next month or so than some good ole fashioned personal development.

Eric Thomas the hip hop Preacher speaks about this, what is your WHY factor? I look at his motivational videos daily...

"No alarm clock needed, my passion wakes me up!"

Guest navyordie123

14.92% for AOs. 71 quotas.  A little bit down from last year but here is to hoping and praying for the best, but if not just gotta get ready for next year.  Praying for some good news! Good luck to all my brothers and sisters!