FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Riverine Rat

I recently converted (made it before the May 20 deadline) how will the board know I converted and to concider me for my new rating? Should I indicate this moth my LTB or is this automatic and they will have me placed in my new rating? 

Guest navyordie123

Ok, so crazy questions.  I had my record reviewed and come to find out that, I was missing evals from 2002 to 2006 that I found in my field service jacket but not in my OMPF. I know that it has been over 10 years, but would the board look at that, or would they even notice that they aren't in there? Also if they do should I submit in LTB or just have my ADMIN input them?

Guest Art Vandelay

Glad I logged in today because I went back and explained why I'm including my Training and Qualification History, which is because they haven't been updated in two re-enlistments and don't reflect any security qualifications (MA), but I only included Pg. 7 which only shows my quals. I think that has hurt me the last couple of looks because it looks like I'm shining, but have no quals to back it up. But I did have them and not all of them are in my evals. I even gave them the date that I re-enlisted, 11 SEP 2015.

Guest navyordie123

Thank you sean for that advice. I took my evals to my YNs and hopefully they will get into my record soon so I don't have to send them in. also, I just finished two college classes and the grades have already made it into my JST, do I need to send those in or can will the board see them? Im not quite finished with my USMAP yet but should I send in what I have so that way the board can see that I am almost done with it? and if so what USMAP paperwork should I send if any?

Guest AME1
6 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Thank you sean for that advice. I took my evals to my YNs and hopefully they will get into my record soon so I don't have to send them in. also, I just finished two college classes and the grades have already made it into my JST, do I need to send those in or can will the board see them? Im not quite finished with my USMAP yet but should I send in what I have so that way the board can see that I am almost done with it? and if so what USMAP paperwork should I send if any?

I might be wrong on this, but I'd say don't worry about sending in anything for USMAP if it is not 100% complete.  I equate it to not putting it on your eval since it's not complete (same with college courses).  Others with some more experience or insight might come along and give a better answer.  To me I don't see it making a difference to the board that you are almost complete.

Guest navyordie123
13 hours ago, sean said:

I would say no to USMAP  of not finished.  Does it say on your evals about college classes you have completed?  I know they won't see your JST. So I would ask around about sending in a copy of that I think it depends on who you talk to. Me off its not complete I would not send it in

No, I just recently completed the 2 classes and they aren't on any eval. I do have previous college already in my evals however.

Guest SandcrabCTT

Mornin' all!  I just want to wish a hearty GOOD LUCK to all the SELRES/FTS SBE folks today, As "hayes" had stated above the board convenes today and runs for he new three weeks concluding on June 3rd.  I'm included in this mix in just waiting, doubting, wondering if I submitted a good package/LTB to the board and if my record reflects my career positively. I know it is easier said then done to not to be anxious or fret about what is happening now and for the next three weeks but keep the Faith all and know that we all will come out of the other end of the tunnel and that no matter what... WE can continue to serve our junior white hats, peers, and leadership holding our heads high!  Again GOOD LUCK!

Guest PSjg78
1 hour ago, SandcrabCTT said:

Mornin' all!  I just want to wish a hearty GOOD LUCK to all the SELRES/FTS SBE folks today, As "hayes" had stated above the board convenes today and runs for he new three weeks concluding on June 3rd.  I'm included in this mix in just waiting, doubting, wondering if I submitted a good package/LTB to the board and if my record reflects my career positively. I know it is easier said then done to not to be anxious or fret about what is happening now and for the next three weeks but keep the Faith all and know that we all will come out of the other end of the tunnel and that no matter what... WE can continue to serve our junior white hats, peers, and leadership holding our heads high!  Again GOOD LUCK!

Thanks !!!!! Im super excited to see what our quotas are looking like for the FTS community ! x'ing fingers !!! Good Luck to us all, we have done our part, now lets pray that our records standout to those sitting the board !

Guest SandcrabCTT
1 minute ago, USAF2USN said:

I wouldn't recommend trying to prove you completed a module here or there. Board members must look at everything you send them. Remember you have 8 minutes to prove to some old crusty master chiefs why you deserve to pull up a seat next to them in the mess. If you are including a plethora of different NKO certs to prove you can lead sailors you are doing yourself a discredit. Again I will sign off with my disclaimer. I am only one man with one opinion. Didn't mean to come off as snarky just laying it out straight.

Hey Chief, thanks for the input much appreciated. I hear ya' I did complete the SEJPME but was a week late.  It is in my training transcript, I did see that but it's not in the training area of my NSIPS.  I have talked to a couple of folks and they had stated that JKO and NKO do not talk/collaborate with each other.  Trying to figure out how to get that completed cert into my NSIPS.

Guest Art Vandelay

@USAF2USN, thank you for the clarification, my LTB Cover Sheet looks just like this honestly, even with the eval, granted it is a transfer eval but I appreciate the feedback and it lets me know I was on the right track.

Guest SandcrabCTT
1 hour ago, USAF2USN said:

Something I wanted to share with everyone that the late CMDCM Greg Snaza shared with us during our season. He asked "who in the room made it the first time up?" naturally quite a few of us raised our hands with our heads held high displaying a greater than life sense of accomplishment. He replied "so for you with your hands held so high, look around you at all of your shipmates who have tried and tried again...you will never feel what they have and have no idea what it is like to experience not getting selected for Chief." I say this because you will learn very quickly that out of all the $1 words in the English dictionary, none strike so near and dear to the Chief's mess than the word "humble". That day was my first lesson in becoming humble. Remember this when working with some of your fellow brothers and sisters in the First Class Mess and know they need just as much help as you do

Amen!  Humble pie is a GREAT thing!  Thanks for sharing USAF2USN! :)

Guest SandcrabCTT
57 minutes ago, Ssmonte06 said:

When should the FTS quotas come you think?

I don't know, I am looking for the SELRES quotas myself.  Was hoping today some numbers would be posted... :rolleyes:

Guest HooYahDeepSea
On May 9, 2016 at 7:32 AM, MIW_is_real said:

Is there any specific guidance on what order to submit the enclosures with my LTB? I've been told chronological, and order of importance. Need some advice please.

I would go in the order of the precepts.  So when it is being graded  all the boxes will be checked.

clear as mud?

8 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

I would go in the order of the precepts.  So when it is being graded  all the boxes will be checked.

clear as mud?

LMAO definitely clear as mud. Thank you though.

Guest navyordie123

Ok, so I have brought this up before but I just recently found out that I was missing some evals in my OMPF, they were airmen through 3rd class evals that didn't get put in during the transition to the online record. I have already submitted to Admin for incorporation into OMPF, if they aren't in my record before the LTB deadline should I submit them and if I do, how should I provide that explanation why I'm submitting them? Also, just recently received a designation letter for QUAL/CERT board member,should I submit that or just leave that out? 

Guest DeepseaSeabee

I remember last year after sending in a letter to the board you could go on NPC and verify whether the board received it yet. I don't see that same link on NPC at the moment. Are we still able to check the status of submissions on NPC or elsewhere? 

Guest HMC(FMF/SW/AW/IW)
3 hours ago, Escony79 said:
  1. Go to http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/Pages/default.aspx

2. Hit the “Boards” button on the top left.

3. Then you’ll see a link in the middle of the page that says  Check the status of your package!

Direct link to checking the status of your Chief's package:  https://npccontactcenter.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/OA_HTML/npc.html

I was able to send mine yesterday and I immediately received an automatic reply stating "This auto reply is your receipt that the Navy Personnel Command (NPC) selection board team has received your correspondence."

The email you are going to received will tell you how to check the status of your package, however, I had a hard time registering an account.  I called NPC this morning and a customer rep was able to create a pseudo password for me and will make you change the password right after.  I am logged in to the website and saw a message saying "BOARD PACKET RECEIVED: Board 360, FY-17, rec'd 16-MAY-2016 with 10 Pages."

Good luck to all of us, my brothers and sisters!!!!

PACKAGE STATUS.jpg

Guest Sailor#1
6 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

New to the group here LS1(AW/SW) Harp 

FTS type. 

Hi - FTS type LS1 here too. 18 is the highest quota I ve seen in years...

Just now, Sailor#1 said:

Hi - FTS type LS1 here too. 18 is the highest quota I ve seen in years...

Yea, it's my first try but I feel there is an actual chance for me. It's a 20% look for us. Good luck to you.