FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest 644X HOPEFUL

Old time member, new account (thanks Tony!).  Our Mustangs had a meeting today and the Senior LDO put out that he expects them sometime next week.  Was really hoping for some better news, but any news is better than no news I guess.

Guest guy2001

Old time member, new account (thanks Tony!).  Our Mustangs had a meeting today and the Senior LDO put out that he expects them sometime next week.  Was really hoping for some better news, but any news is better than no news I guess.

yup that is what it seems like....any news is better than no news at this point

next week is going to be harder than this week, since we all pretty much know they're coming out next week.

The hard part is waiting for it to get here.  Where is the fast foward button?

Guest OPSTECH

To the 612X's out there....Any of you guys have your CICWO qual? I was kinda down when I saw the precepts because I was a second when I left my last command and they did not allow seconds to get qualified.

for sure, i got lucky and my ADO let me qual as a second, trying to work on TAO right now, but couldnt get it in my package for this year.

Guest CursedSwabbie

for sure, i got lucky and my ADO let me qual as a second, trying to work on TAO right now, but couldnt get it in my package for this year.

I was on an LHD before I came to shore and my Captain was pretty stingy when it came to his watch officers.

Guest guy2001

6120 hopeful here as well....I got my CICWO and AAWC....Just got off a ship it was tough for 2nd's to get the qual but not impossible. But I have been at commands before where they don't let 2nd's get in there.

Guest guy2001

I was on an LHD before I came to shore and my Captain was pretty stingy when it came to his watch officers.

which LHD....I have been on Essex and Kearsarge

Guest CursedSwabbie

which LHD....I have been on Essex and Kearsarge

Was on the Makin Island. It was a downer that I could not qual CICWO as a 2nd when I did CSTT for so long and was qualed in every other watchstation.

Guest guy2001

Was on the Makin Island. It was a downer that I could not qual CICWO as a 2nd when I did CSTT for so long and was qualed in every other watchstation.

Were you a plankowner? Doing a pre-comm is still an excellent check in the block....the biggest thing is no one here is going to have a package where they have every box checked. Just gotta hope we had enough boxes checked to get in there and make the difference to our Navy that we all want.

Guest YNC(SS)

Okay, so let it be next week then.  I just wish we knew what day next week it will be!  Will it be early or will it be late?  I hope they don't want to hold them out until next Friday!

All of my bat signals have pointed to Tuesday.

Guest OPSTECH

I feel you, that was all I had , then i made 1st on  shore, and made Chief right after i got to the ship, i had to scramble. hopefully getting AAWC, SUWC, ATTWO, LCPO, ACFL, DRRS-N Manager, among others will look good to the board.

Guest CursedSwabbie

Were you a plankowner? Doing a pre-comm is still an excellent check in the block....the biggest thing is no one here is going to have a package where they have every box checked. Just gotta hope we had enough boxes checked to get in there and make the difference to our Navy that we all want.

Yes i am a plankowner and I totally get what you are saying. It is something that i wanted before I left but I am not gonna let that effect me. It was more of an inital reaction for me when I saw the precepts  I just let out this loud sigh that was followed by a couple of expletives. 

Guest guy2001

Oh ok.  I was on there from 2002-2006. :D Great command!

It was a very successful tour for me....nice to add a cherry on top with punching my ticket for for LDO right after I left her....but willl always have fond memories of the people

Guest CursedSwabbie

I feel you, that was all I had , then i made 1st on  shore, and made Chief right after i got to the ship, i had to scramble. hopefully getting AAWC, SUWC, ATTWO, LCPO, ACFL, DRRS-N Manager, among others will look good to the board.

well you put your work in that is for sure!

Guest guy2001

Yes i am a plankowner and I totally get what you are saying. It is something that i wanted before I left but I am not gonna let that effect me. It was more of an inital reaction for me when I saw the precepts  I just let out this loud sigh that was followed by a couple of expletives. 

being a plank owner ain't no joke....plankowner on the New York....those were some hours I tell ya!

Guest guy2001

I actually know some of the OS's that pre-comm the Makin Island that had come from Essex....