FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest snipe44

Got my EOOW stood the watch but Im a DDG guy. I was also the ETT Coordinator designated in writing from the co. Hope that carries some weight.

713X here. I think I have a great shot with the quota amount. 28 is huge. If you have a real EOOW letter (stood the watch on a SHIP) and havent done anything negative lately, I'd say you have a good shot with this quota (especially if qualified on a big deck amphib as our precept reads). Without an EOOW letter (just my guess), I think you'll be trying again next year. Hope that doesnt hurt any feelings, just giving my opinion.

Guest Big Deck Amphib Steamer

Got my EOOW stood the watch but Im a DDG guy. I was also the ETT Coordinator designated in writing from the co. Hope that carries some weight.

Just like ENC was saying, we all come from a different back ground.  We have all did pretty much the same thing, stood the watch, lead lots of Sailors to be successful, etc. which as much as we could from where we come from.  I would think that they will pick a variety or our rates so we all have a chance.  I just know if I do get picked, its time to get in the books, MPA on a ddg is a whole new ball game for a guy who only knows boilers.

649 guys, do you know of a lot of applicants for security? Wish we could know how many applied for each designator.

From the Hawaii Area maybe 10 tops...

That would be good to know...

Just hope in in the 16...lol

Guest Big Deck Amphib Steamer

Not necessarily.  I saw two guys on the list for last year that I know got a transfer EOOW letter.  The board can tell when they aren't real EOOW letters but that may still be a leg up on a guy without one at all.

I'm basing my opinion off what they are looking for this year versus last year.  If you read the quotas for last year, 713X, it states something like "achieve higher qualifications"  this year it states "standing the watch as EOOW is required".  Personally I dont think there were a lot of applicants last year so those without EOOW letters got looked at, wish I would have applied.  This year though, and my point all along is, if you have a EOOW letter and you stood the watch, you have a great chance, thats all.

Guest snipe44

That's the complete opposite for me. im not a propulsion rating but amphibious ships are foreign to me

Just like ENC was saying, we all come from a different back ground. We have all did pretty much the same thing, stood the watch, lead lots of Sailors to be successful, etc. which as much as we could from where we come from. I would think that they will pick a variety or our rates so we all have a chance. I just know if I do get picked, its time to get in the books, MPA on a ddg is a whole new ball game for a guy who only knows boilers.

That's it, found it now.  They moved it to toy with us that are looking on there!

and I hope they are reaching a resolution on their security issues which relates to my security issues (I believe)

how does it work for the alternates? anyone know?

I had a friend whose husband was selected as an alternate a couple of years ago. He went along thinking he didn't make it and one day got a call saying "You've been selected". There's no way to know.

Guest Blade2950
That's the complete opposite for me. im not a propulsion rating but amphibious ships are foreign to me.

With the amount they selected last year and the total quotas for this year's board, for those of us that didn't make it and current applicants you have to like your chances of being picked up for 713x or 613x. Just look at the numbers and for surface engineering when the list comes out the navy will have selected a total of 110 surface engineer in officers. We have to be in the running for a spot this year!

How many 716x we have out there? Or 718x?

im 616x and 618x but i think that i am the lone wolf on here for that, not sure though. havent seen any 716x or 718x. I guess our community doesnt get on here much.

Guest EMO1981

I say we set the over under for Tuesday March 4th, at 1500 EST.

For the sake of all the applicants, I will take the under...

I remember the edgyness in the last few days before results came out.  Tick Tock Tick Tock....

Guest EMO1981

im 616x and 618x but i think that i am the lone wolf on here for that, not sure though. havent seen any 716x or 718x. I guess our community doesnt get on here much.

I'm here to show support.  ;)  Good luck! 

Guest CursedSwabbie

New guy and 612x applicant here!! Good luck to all of you. I have been lurking on the forum for about 2 days now and from all the post i have read there is a lot of talent here. You all probably have a lot better chance than I to make it. 

Guest MMCDDG91

Former EN?  Good luck brother.

No, always been an MM. Good luck to you too Bro! 15 years in, just came from Great Lakes, got my MTS while there, left there as the #1 EP. Steam EOOW letter as a PO1 on LHA 1, CDO letter, Command DAPA, steamed on CVN, LHA, LHD, and now DDG,  my students in Great Lakes along with my staff member excelled as explained in my Fitrep, and great appraisals so I hope this is it .  

Guest perryf619

Any DC man in here. I applied 613/713 and was wondering what are our chances against the other engineering rates. I have EOOW letter, ETT, DCTT, ITT and a lot of other checks. Appraisals done by Capt 6130, CWO4 7130, CWO5 7141.

Guest aDCworld

Any DC man in here. I applied 613/713 and was wondering what are our chances against the other engineering rates. I have EOOW letter, ETT, DCTT, ITT and a lot of other checks. Appraisals done by Capt 6130, CWO4 7130, CWO5 7141.

My husband is a DC

Guest perryf619

I'm currently on MCM's. They are small but the duty is arduous. If any of you have done an mcm tour you can attest. I've also been on DDG but my EOOW letter is for diesels.

Guest snipe44

What platform did you get your EOOW?

I'm currently on MCM's. They are small but the duty is arduous. If any of you have done an mcm tour you can attest. I've also been on DDG but my EOOW letter is for diesels.