FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

I got the "H". I have no idea what the discrepancy is....

Is your PRIMS or security clearance good to go? Most "H"s end up being S. You may just need to update a particular record. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

For those that got "S" or "H", did your command notify you, or were you able to obtain that info elsewhere?

Only triad has access to results today. Full results should hit the streets tomorrow.

Guest amcreed

Is your PRIMS or security clearance good to go? Most "H"s end up being S. You may just need to update a particular record. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

PRIMS is good to go and I still have a year left on my security clearance.  Hopefully it works out.  Thanks!

A hearty congrats to all those selected. REMEMBER: It is a position of leadership earned, not given. For those whom did not get selected this year, as frustrating as it can be, keep the full court press on. I too have seen some of my buddies make Chief, Senior Chief, and sometimes even Master Chief all first time up. I understand your frustration, but whaddya gonna do, give up? giving up is not an option. Take a day to reflect, then get your head back in the game, we need you.

"In order to realize the worth of the Anchor, we need to feel the stress of the storm"....

PRIMS is good to go and I still have a year left on my security clearance.  Hopefully it works out.  Thanks!

Good luck old timer. I know this has been a long journey. I really hope that H changes to S.

Guest Tincan_OS

Congratulations to everyone who received the coveted "S"!!!  Got the "N" on my end, gonna have to charge harder next year...this was my first time up so no disappointment, just glad the wait is over.

Guest FMF-HM1

:5252: Here's to another year of being a HM1.  Congrats to all those where selected!!!!!  Look forward to seeing you on the forum next cycle.

Guest Willey

So incredibly happy. My dear husband made it. Congratulations to everyone that got that S and for those that did not..keep your chin up and continue working towards your goals.

Guest CursedSwabbie

So incredibly happy. My dear husband made it. Congratulations to everyone that got that S and for those that did not..keep your chin up and continue working towards your goals.

is he the YN type?

Guest OleSK1(SS)

Got the call. I'm of 3 on my boat. Congrats to the others selected and keep charging to those that barely missed.

Guest Rolling DV8

Any AFRICOM or EUCOM Selects out there tonight?  I just got the word from DC I received an S and need want to know when/where to be in the morning.

Guest CursedSwabbie

Sorry if I did not say it before...congratulations to the ones that got selected! I have just been caught up on the fact that I was at %30 percent for OS and I did not make it! Couple that with the fact that i had to see one of the best first classes that i know set his retirement date because he did not get selected! I am not asking for apathy or anything like that, but I can not say things like "don't give up!" and "you'll get it next year" to a good friend. I think that it had not sunk into me before that people's careers are ended just as much as they are excelled because of these boards!

Guest CursedSwabbie

Any AFRICOM or EUCOM Selects out there tonight?  I just got the word from DC I received an S and need want to know when/where to be in the morning.

in Naples? 

This is the first time since being SBE that I have not had a member of the COC contact me with the results.  I know I didn't make it, because I saw the select list, but, it would have been nice to have "anyone" in the chain of command call me... That is kind of rough.  I am a recruiter and at a distance from my command, but still, doesn't seem right.