FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

After some frivolity I came back to read up on you all. I have already been approached by 2 of my fellow sailors who weren't as fortunate as I this time. They are asking to see eval bullets and OMPF comparison. This is exactly what I did last year when I got my N. And hey! Look at me now! Go find those selects (maybe after september :-) and ask for their winning record. They will share, and if not they aren't playing the same game. Ordy, I feel your pain. It took me 6 looks, and the same feedback you received as did I. I had my prospective command on my PSR... I chose an arduous sea tour, because a Chief told me it matters. I didn't even get there yet, but maybe that was it?!? Let me know if you need anything, I am an open book and hope you get where you DESERVE to go. Thanks again all of you, this ride was amazing with all of you by my side. You really make a difference, make one think harder, outside of the box, and challenge the status quo. Thank you Tony for the moderation, it is an amazing thing you have going here.

My command has a very disfuntional POA (thats right, not FCPOA...POA). When asked what I was doing on my computer wrt this forum, I always replied "Navywide FCPOA meeting." Sounds cheesy, but what is the difference. No bylaws or dues or charity events... but we are a group of like-minded Firsts leaning on eachother, pushing eachother, and bettering ourselves one step at a time. See you guys and gals next go around. I will check in periodically and provide help where I can. Later!

Love this post...   BBb)

Guest Salty Doc Cox

Congratulations to all the selectees! I also received word late this afternoon that I have been selected. Time to be humble; to everyone that didn't make it, keep on doing good things and taking care of Sailors! Hooyah, your time will come.

AOC Select " Thanks for all the guidance from this site you all have been amazing"  I'm sure i will be back

Congrats! And IYAOYAS!

I just can't wait to see all my AO brothers out there that made it this year! I am excited to see the list. I got some friends I've been wanting to see make it for a while!

Guest FMF 2nd Award

Congrats to all that got selected, very well deserved. I know I'm a little late to the party but I have been traveling all day. Did not hear anything from my COC so I guess I was not selected, not surprised tho. nothing else to do but to keep on pushing.

Guest ETV(SS)

8 years in a row not being selected. I've lost hope. 55% advanced this year and I wasnt one of them again. I'm never going back to a submarine to get the senior qual I need. Transferring to Shore duty for 3 years and retire at 20. For the next three years, should I even care? I mean, what's the point if I'll be automatically passed over due to the missing qual?

what qual are you missing? 

Guest amcreed

What's the status amcreed?

I'm set to go through the season for now. We'll see what the discrepancy is in the next day or so and fix it. My foot is in the door and I'm busting through it!

I'm set to go through the season for now. We'll see what the discrepancy is in the next day or so and fix it. My foot is in the door and I'm busting through it!

Glad to hear that. I was relieved to see a few pages back that most H turn into an S fast (paperwork drill). Since the records were picked clean during the board I think that would be the case. Congratulations, that was a long one  :lol:

Guest QM1"Wheelz"

I got the "S" definitely the best and also longest day of my life! Congrats to everyone who did get selected and to those who didn't keep your head up, these are the times our younger sailors mirror our actions. Dropping collaterals or letting off the gas only hurts you in the long run. stay the course. On another note I wish I was more prepared, after today I learned this is gonna be a long six weeks!

Guest amcreed

Glad to hear that. I was relieved to see a few pages back that most H turn into an S fast (paperwork drill). Since the records were picked clean during the board I think that would be the case. Congratulations, that was a long one :lol:

Yes, took me four times and every year I was on this forum. I was even a lurker two years before that. I was able to tell a couple STG buddies results were out back in 2010. They both made it that year. Thanks for doing what you do Tony and I will keep you all informed when I get the official nod or not.

Guest Francescaadams

I'm super late to the party but once I got the news the alcohol started flowing. My husband made it first time up! EMC (Sel)! Only him and one other guy at his command made it but he's on an MCM so that's not surprising. I can't wait for him to get back so we can celebrate!

Yes, took me four times and every year I was on this forum. I was even a lurker two years before that. I was able to tell a couple STG buddies results were out back in 2010. They both made it that year. Thanks for doing what you do Tony and I will keep you all informed when I get the official nod or not.

Great. thank you 

Guest PO1 Mineman Type

Thank everyone in this forum that had input, this is the first year I looked at it and it has been very helpful!  Best of  all and KEEP PUSHING!! Never give up!  Whether you made it or not I would strongly reach out to the members of the board for different Ratings as well as your own to see what sorts of things could help or hurt. 

I hope that coffee you are drinking is extremely black with no milk and sugar.

Guest HotelMikeUno

A little late, I received the awesome news yesterday, HMC(Sel)!!! Thank you all fro the support and knowledge...

Guest OleSK1(SS)

my command held on to the results for a while but I was happily informed of the S today.

Are you on the West Coast? Nav Type?