FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest Navymom2

Thanks. Congrats to all the selectees. Good luck next year!!! Hope my daughter finds out soon. Shes in limbo right now

Guest NavyWifey

Praying for your family Proud Navy Wife. Even though I knew my hubby's chances were slim to none, I still feel bummed out that he didn't get selected. Tomorrow we reset and try again for next year. Still happy for everyone that made it.

Congratulations to all who have picked up!!! I am still waiting on pins and needles... Not a good sign that I haven't got a call yet...

Guest CBdive

Finally got it. Thanks guys for the wealth of knowledge and support through this forum. Thanks Tony for keeping this thing running, and good luck to everyone in the future who did not make it. We all have been there and your time will come!

For all the Sailors who got that magic 'S', Congratulations!  Your next task, though, will be to get every single one of your Sailors, including your shipmates who were just biting their nails along with you, to also reach that point.  From those coming straight from Great Lakes to their first command, to the seasoned First Classes who've been in so long they only have one look left, do all you can to help them have that feeling you have right now!

Guest CursedSwabbie

OH how I love getting told by selection boards NO for the 6th time in 3 yrs. I had to hear..."Well you are only at 11yrs you still got time!"  I was so livid i almost lost my lid! That has got to be the most irritating response you could give to someone!!!!!

Guest Boats_Petey

I'm going to get drunk tonight. Sometime this week I'm going to sit down with the mc that sat the board and see where I went wrong.

As a reminder to all who speculated on earlier release times: The results were released at 11:00 AM, 5 Aug 2015 to Triad as mentioned by the official statement. Not as mentioned by the CNPs gardener's pet dog Fifi, or the mother of a friend of the electricians sister married to the YNC's dog groomer.  ;)

Well.  I haven't been notified, but others have by the CO and now the CO is doing boards, so I guess this is not my year.  Congratulations to all who were selected because you all deserved it.  To those who weren't selected, keep your head up and remember the Sailors around you.  Don't let them see you hurt!  Take care of them and grieve at home.  I will be back next year and I look forward to seeing all the new Chief's throughout the fleet!