FY 23 CPO (E7) Selection Board

18 hours ago, Shrek OSCS said:

Schrodingers’s Chief. At this moment the board has adjourned and everyone eligible is both selected and non selected lol.

Best of luck to everyone eligible. To the MN in the crowd keep your heads up. Navy advancement is ebb and flow. I just wanted to leave a few helpful tips here I learned as a Chief Select and in the 7 years since.

1. Your Season will last from 9/06-10/21. If you have any appointments at all during this time that aren’t critical try and reschedule. 
2. Most commands have done their PFA but there is always the risk of someone’s PHA expiring in Sep/Oct. If your PHA expires you will not be allowed to participate in the PT portion until it gets fixed.

3. When your season starts, don’t leave anything on the table. Give it 100%. You will regret it if you don’t. 
4. Formation runs are one of the most powerful events for building Esprit de Corps in a unit. With roughly 36 days left, try and learn a unique cadence now. 

5. HAVE FUN! This may not make any sense to you during the hard times but this is YOUR season! 
6. Good Luck!!

-Senior

Message!!!

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 4:02 AM, Shrek OSCS said:

Schrodingers’s Chief. At this moment the board has adjourned and everyone eligible is both selected and non selected lol.

Best of luck to everyone eligible. To the MN in the crowd keep your heads up. Navy advancement is ebb and flow. I just wanted to leave a few helpful tips here I learned as a Chief Select and in the 7 years since.

1. Your Season will last from 9/06-10/21. If you have any appointments at all during this time that aren’t critical try and reschedule. 
2. Most commands have done their PFA but there is always the risk of someone’s PHA expiring in Sep/Oct. If your PHA expires you will not be allowed to participate in the PT portion until it gets fixed.

3. When your season starts, don’t leave anything on the table. Give it 100%. You will regret it if you don’t. 
4. Formation runs are one of the most powerful events for building Esprit de Corps in a unit. With roughly 36 days left, try and learn a unique cadence now. 

5. HAVE FUN! This may not make any sense to you during the hard times but this is YOUR season! 
6. Good Luck!!

-Senior

*Stomps foot*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OrdieLife said:

Since quotas been out any rumors about results coming out before the 6th of September 😂 

They'll be out when they're out IMHO. Some of us will cry, others be happy, or just not care.  Be the best 1st you can be, care for your guys, always make copies of everything, and life goes on.  I have a few years till retirement. At this point if I make it awesome, if I dont awesome. Still gonna collect a pension by God's good grace. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have a routine for dealing with non-selection? I came up with mine last year, I take leave for the rest of the week! My wife and kids already know not to bring up anything Navy related for the rest of that week lol

• Ha Ha 1

6 minutes ago, JNR said:

@ChristianSubmarine, I haven't  heard anything. That would be great though.

I agree. Got some FCPOs in office who are anxiety ridden about this. I got leave coming up and transferring soon, that's my concern lol 

38 minutes ago, JNR said:

@ChristianSubmarine, I understand them. I am also passed 20 and my anxiety is off the charts. It never gets old. Hope for the best for everyone.

You going to retire soon? I have a few years to go and cant wait. Thank you and you too. 

5 hours ago, ChristianSubmariner said:

I agree. Got some FCPOs in office who are anxiety ridden about this. I got leave coming up and transferring soon, that's my concern lol 

I’ve been having anxiety since qoutas came out. It’s like a helicopter hovering above my head. I just need to know yay or nah. Then move on. Ready to retire. Got 4 yrs and change left. 

23 minutes ago, FisherHook said:

I’ve been having anxiety since qoutas came out. It’s like a helicopter hovering above my head. I just need to know yay or nah. Then move on. Ready to retire. Got 4 yrs and change left. 

I feel that. I got over 2 years left till I hit my 18 year mark then I'm submitting my intent to retire paperwork. If I dont make it at that time, then they can keep it. 

• Like 1

My Fleet Reserve request was approved today. In the slight chance (11th time SBE) I was selected am I still able to go through season and get paid for last 6 months or so before separating? 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Forever1st said:

My Fleet Reserve request was approved today. In the slight chance (11th time SBE) I was selected am I still able to go through season and get paid for last 6 months or so before separating? 

Yes.  This is pretty normal.  Some change their minds but many don't.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, RJM357 said:

Results were to triad a day earlier than MCPON’s letter last year, has anyone heard of a possible Friday release due to the holiday Monday?

Nope and I honestly don’t want it to be earlier, either wanna enjoy my last free 96 weekend or not have it ruined by bad news 🤣