Jump to content

FY 23 CPO (E7) Selection Board


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CargoGuns said:

I got the S!! Good luck to everyone still waiting and if this wasn't your year keep pushing and taking care of your Sailors! I want to thank everyone here for all of the advice that has been shared in this forum! 

Same, congratulations to all those who will be entering Chief season and for those that did not, don't feel down - review your record, reach out to a Master Chief or two, and make this your best year yet!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, Sean FCACS said:

The board does not adjourn until 29 JUL, there is no way results will be out early AUG. Current timeline I saw has results early Sept (5-9SEP)with 20OCT final night and 21OCT pinning. 

How can quota say 100% then 0 when results come out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that's disappointing. Seems like I must have everything I need except enough eval breakouts. Recent record has a lot of 1 of 1 EP detach evals (mob, then move, then PRD), and a disastrous near-empty-block-43 3.0 for 2021 from a new senior rater who didn't care, didn't consult, and deleted most of my inputs. "Certified copy provided" lol. Years as a documented successful Admin LPO at both previous units, two significant joint awards including one from a mobilization to JSOC, two warfare quals, PPME and JPME, two degrees, no uncorrected eval gaps, Sailor 360 and other training conducted, no adverse info... And with the new unit I'm at, they already have a good YN1 admin LPO and a line out the door waiting for unit LPO, so those billets aren't available. Senior rater's suggestion was to consider the IRR. I was furious at the time, but perhaps I really am beating my head against a wall now. It's always been about the Needs of the Navy of course, but it's getting harder to feel needed every year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, LPOLCPOCWO said:

Selection boards don't have to fill vacant quotas. All selectees must be fully qualified.

Sure wish there was a way to know what you’re lacking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bigbombs said:

Sure wish there was a way to know what you’re lacking.

Review the selection board convening order and precepts (they don't change much year to year) as well as your own rates career path document. All these can be found on NPC website. Compare what these documents say they are looking for in the best of the fully qualified against what your record says about you. If you think you're close, respectfully reach out to one of the previous board members and see if they will review your record and give you some mentorship.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question? What if you get selected and you were TAD to school, would they pull you out of it ot you will have to wait next Season? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, FisherHook said:

I have a question? What if you get selected and you were TAD to school, would they pull you out of it ot you will have to wait next Season? 

From being an instructor at dam neck all of the Sailors that made Chief while in class they all participated with our CPOs and selectees until they finished class or finished the season with our selectees and got pinned with our command.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RJM357 said:

From being an instructor at dam neck all of the Sailors that made Chief while in class they all participated with our CPOs and selectees until they finished class or finished the season with our selectees and got pinned with our command.

Thank you so much for answering my question. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, LPOLCPOCWO said:

Review the selection board convening order and precepts (they don't change much year to year) as well as your own rates career path document. All these can be found on NPC website. Compare what these documents say they are looking for in the best of the fully qualified against what your record says about you. If you think you're close, respectfully reach out to one of the previous board members and see if they will review your record and give you some mentorship.

 

I’ve heard mixed reactions on this. I’ve had khaki’s tell me to reach out to previous board members in global, I’ve heard some khakis say to not do that as well. I only know a couple people who have reached out but apparently they haven’t had very pleasant responses. 

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaddyGuns said:

I’ve heard mixed reactions on this. I’ve had khaki’s tell me to reach out to previous board members in global, I’ve heard some khakis say to not do that as well. I only know a couple people who have reached out but apparently they haven’t had very pleasant responses. 

I have never seen anyone post that they did not have a pleasant experience contacting a board member here on the forum. It's usually that they did not get a response or that they were glad they contacted a board member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, Tony said:

I have never seen anyone post that they did not have a pleasant experience contacting a board member here on the forum. It's usually that they did not get a response or that they were glad they contacted a board member.

 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, DaddyGuns said:

I’ve heard mixed reactions on this. I’ve had khaki’s tell me to reach out to previous board members in global, I’ve heard some khakis say to not do that as well. I only know a couple people who have reached out but apparently they haven’t had very pleasant responses. 

It's your career. If you want it bad enough you'll risk a little "unpleasantness" to get the answer. If you're on this forum that shows you want to know! I can assure you those selected are going to get accustomed to receiving a lot of  "unpleasant responses" - so don't let that be the reason for inaction.

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LPOLCPOCWO said:

 

It's your career. If you want it bad enough you'll risk a little "unpleasantness" to get the answer. If you're on this forum that shows you want to know! I can assure you those selected are going to get accustomed to receiving a lot of  "unpleasant responses" - so don't let that be the reason for inaction.

Absolutely agree, I’ve reached out to random LDO’s in response to my desire to go LDO so I’ll treat Chief the same!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 3:10 PM, DocMix said:

It’s likely our fates are already sealed since this is the last week of the board right? That makes me anxious

Exactly what I was thinking! It just sucks we have to wait so long after it adjourns! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FisherHook said:

I did we just pushed it out to the FCPOA. I was trying to see FY 22's quotas so I could make a comparison but I can only find FY-21s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Igatszu said:

I did we just pushed it out to the FCPOA. I was trying to see FY 22's quotas so I could make a comparison but I can only find FY-21s.

FY-22 should be on the same website under Selection Boards

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, FisherHook said:

FY-22 should be on the same website under Selection Boards

Didn't notice they were posted there. Good looks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Igatszu said:

I did we just pushed it out to the FCPOA. I was trying to see FY 22's quotas so I could make a comparison but I can only find FY-21s.

So I learned the other day that you can see detailed exam statistics on MNA. I looked at how many people took the exam, multiplied that by .6 to get a rough estimate of who made board, then took the quota and divided it by the number found above to get a rough guesstimate of advancement percentage. I wish they would just just us the percentage though, it’d be so much easier.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...
Forum Home
www.NavyAdvancement.com
Boots | Navy Patches
Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family