FY 23 CPO (E7) Selection Board

33 minutes ago, MoeW said:

Time waits for no one. The exam is around the corner, time to dust off the these books and do our part and get SBE. 

Love it!

Study early, check your records, see if you can hook up with board members, etc.!

:graphics-3d-smileys-429516:

On 10/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, MoeW said:

Time waits for no one. The exam is around the corner, time to dust off the these books and do our part and get SBE. 

I've been lurking here for quite some time and now after my 5th time up (4th time board eligible), I think I need to reevaluate every single part of how I've been going about this.  The last couple of times I was up I felt okay not making it just because I thought I was still too new as an IT1 and personally felt I wasn't ready.  I thought this time up was my best shot but to no avail, I was N.  I really don't know anyone personally that sat the boards so I feel unbelievably awkward reaching out to one of the ITCMs without the feeling of "hey, I know you have about 500 other IT1s asking you this but can you also take time to help me out?"  It's really awesome seeing Sailors of mine that were 2nds now putting on anchors this year but I hate feeling like I'm the perfect example of "those who can, do and those who can't, teach/coach."

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 5:27 AM, scottastic86 said:

I've been lurking here for quite some time and now after my 5th time up (4th time board eligible), I think I need to reevaluate every single part of how I've been going about this.  The last couple of times I was up I felt okay not making it just because I thought I was still too new as an IT1 and personally felt I wasn't ready.  I thought this time up was my best shot but to no avail, I was N.  I really don't know anyone personally that sat the boards so I feel unbelievably awkward reaching out to one of the ITCMs without the feeling of "hey, I know you have about 500 other IT1s asking you this but can you also take time to help me out?"  It's really awesome seeing Sailors of mine that were 2nds now putting on anchors this year but I hate feeling like I'm the perfect example of "those who can, do and those who can't, teach/coach."

You can also check for people at your command who sat the board or commands local to you that have people who sat the board.  Nothing wrong with reaching out to people and introducing yourself.

• Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guns to CTRCS
On 10/9/2021 at 7:27 AM, scottastic86 said:

IT1,

Check your messages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 5:27 AM, scottastic86 said:

Hit me up via email. 

Bruce.Rice@socom.mil

v/r,

ITC (EXW/SW) Rice, Bruce

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Boats123 said:

Congratulations Christian!!! My command is very quiet 🤫 so..... so quiet 

Thanks man!  Good luck

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EYE_TEA_SEE said:

Here for any ITC package reviews, or CWO interested applicants!

Can you talk about what the common attributes you saw that CWO selectees had?  I read the PPTS on MyNavyHr and the discrete requirements.  Was looking for outside the board point of the view. 

On 4/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Shrek said:

Not sure it was posted here yet but we received word from FORCM to expect results approximately 9/8

For Active Duty?

• 2 weeks later...