FY 23 CPO (E7) Selection Board

4 hours ago, ChristianSubmariner said:

Good luck everyone! On leave for 2.5 weeks, all you chief selectees doing selection and all that have fun. Me and my N-select self will be drinking beers on the pier. 

You sound like one of the sad panda FCPO’s you were talking about and results haven’t even dropped yet. The very least you could do is show some faith in your own self sheesh. 

7 hours ago, DaddyGuns said:

You sound like one of the sad panda FCPO’s you were talking about and results haven’t even dropped yet. The very least you could do is show some faith in your own self sheesh. 

Lol nope not a sad panda.  Not fully qualified so not concerned with it. Last year was a N select and walked around with a smile on my face.  I'm genuinely wishing everyone good luck hope they all make it and I will be spending my time catching up on family time. 

So this fully qualified piece I have a question with it. If you look at my LADR sure I'm behind curve because at 19 I should already be a chief and the quals I should have correspond with rank I cant obtain due to rank and platform. But I have seen people in my rate make chief with being in navy 12 years less than me only being on 1 ship and their FLTMPS does not show being more qualified or experienced. One person specifically I know and he's a great man whom I trained, but definitely not experienced at 6 years of service. Maybe I'm bitter because I have some curse or something on me from years past or maybe its my destiny to retire as a 1st (thankfully it was approved). 

47 minutes ago, Forever1st said:

So this fully qualified piece I have a question with it. If you look at my LADR sure I'm behind curve because at 19 I should already be a chief and the quals I should have correspond with rank I cant obtain due to rank and platform. But I have seen people in my rate make chief with being in navy 12 years less than me only being on 1 ship and their FLTMPS does not show being more qualified or experienced. One person specifically I know and he's a great man whom I trained, but definitely not experienced at 6 years of service. Maybe I'm bitter because I have some curse or something on me from years past or maybe its my destiny to retire as a 1st (thankfully it was approved). 

It seems to be more rate specific IMO than anything else. I've seen guys fully qualified but not best qualified make it. I'm behind the curve when it comes to shipboard qualifications but not shore duty qualifications. I do not have a degree but have PME and JPME Level 1 completed called out in the letters. I have nothing to do with FCPOA, but have served has LPO, acting LCPO, etc, and have good evals regardless of no collateral/FCPOA involvement. Its what they need I guess. Congrats on your retirement approval and good luck Tuesday. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Master_Spook said:

this has to be the quietest group of selectees I can recall in recent memory.  Not a peep on here or really any social media.  Interesting...

I've noticed that things slowed downed, and continue to slow down, ever since they started announcing a timeline to the results. At the beginning there still was some chaos because of the missed dates and whatnot but things have smoothed out.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JNR said:

I have a question, if I am #4 of 20, when do I get paid?

People are really eager to get paid…. Well if you look at the instruction (highly recommend this since you picked up and people will be asking us this moving forward) they will advance no less than 3% of people every month with the remaining people being advanced in the 12th month. So that your seniority number (4) and divide it by the quota (20) and you get .2, multiple that by 100 and you’ll see you’re in the 20th percentile. Which would put you in the 7th pay increment. However the navy can’t advance half a Sailor so most likely 1 Sailor will be advanced per month putting you in the 4th pay increment leaving you paid in the Decemberish time frame. Your profile sheet will update during the mid month to show when you will get paid as well so check back in December and you can even check in with your local B/S PSC/YNC and they can break this down even further for you if needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1