FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

I'm only at 9 years, but I think my package is pretty strong. I just wish I knew how many others put in for it. There is only one 649X on the board so it might not be too many.

I'm at 10 years and 2nd application, I hope both of our names are on there!!!

Where are you stationed?

What would you say is the sweet spot for CWO?  First time applying for 741X.  I didn't see a trend from the names last year that were selected.

Made CWO 7131 last year with 13years 4 months needed a 8 month waiver so anything can happen. was my 1st time applying CWO, I apllied 5 time for LDO 613X however.

Guest AMCSTack

10 less 6330s this year...going to be competitive this cycle...

I was hoping for numbers like last year's, this my 1st application so we will see how it goes.  Good luck to ya!

I was hoping for numbers like last year's, this my 1st application so we will see how it goes. Good luck to ya!

My 1st too...sitting at 10 years 3months...only time will tell now...Good luck to you too...

Good Morning,

First time ever for me... Two down from last year - Reserve 641X quota dropped down to four.  Any one knows how long before the NAVADMIN is released with the results?  Good Luck to all!

V/R

YN1(SW)

Good Morning,

First time ever for me... Two down from last year - Reserve 641X quota dropped down to four.  Any one knows how long before the NAVADMIN is released with the results?  Good Luck to all!

V/R

YN1(SW)

Not until after the board convenes, the results are confirmed byt the board president, then approved by the CNP. To give a timeline? Give it a month.., Good Luck to you!!!

Thank you very much there LawDawg.  I assume the results will be released first to the selectee's CO/XO/CMC prior to the NAVADMIN being released, just like they did for the CPO results.  Good luck to you as well. 

@dogg what do you mean that they usually pick 1-2 people with 8yrs -9 yrs in to become future captians?

He means the people who are selected at 14 years don't have the legs to make Captain. A person with under 10 years in has the chance to make the higher ranks (which the LDO community is looking for). That's part of the reason they shifted the time in to the left...I'm right at the low end with 10 years so I'm hoping that will help me...the average time in for selection the last few years has been about 12.5 years.

@Grumman Tech please share link to stats.  I see the brief on NPC website but not the stats brief from road show.  Thanks

I don't have the one from this past year, just remember seeing that in the slides. The link below is older but the Age/TIS/etc. were relatively the same from what I remember. The info you are looking for is on slide 12.

http://www.slideshare.net/tonyastro/ldo-cwo-applicantbrief?related=1

Hope that helps, and good luck!

I don't have the one from this past year, just remember seeing that in the slides. The link below is older but the Age/TIS/etc. were relatively the same from what I remember. The info you are looking for is on slide 12.

http://www.slideshare.net/tonyastro/ldo-cwo-applicantbrief?related=1

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Here's a newer one but I do not know if it has the same information you are looking for. 

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/communitymanagers/ldo_cwo/Documents/2.%20%202013%20OCM%20Applicant%20Brief.pptx

Guest YNC(SS)

Board still going on....

Soon as I find out when it's complete I'll let you guys know.  Not that it changes anything, but it just feels good to know we're close to results.