Jump to content

FY-22 LDO/CWO Procurement Board


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Determinism said:

Quotas did indeed come out a few days after results last year. Man 681X down to just 2 and no alternates this year. Next year zero?

Looks like they may be phasing them out.  That's the same thing they did with 683X before it was sundowned.  A lot of those billets ended up going to the 783X community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, we had our first slip-up for this cycle last night.  Someone posted that their Chain of Command had informed them of their selection and it created quite the controversy.  Per the LDO/CWO Community Managers:

"All,

FY-22 LDO/CWO results are not out. Commands may see an applicant’s name indicating that they were considered but there will be no select status posted until CNP approves the results in March."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Skipari
13 hours ago, Intel said:

Well, we had our first slip-up for this cycle last night.  Someone posted that their Chain of Command had informed them of their selection and it created quite the controversy.  Per the LDO/CWO Community Managers:

"All,

FY-22 LDO/CWO results are not out. Commands may see an applicant’s name indicating that they were considered but there will be no select status posted until CNP approves the results in March."

Well that's quite the flub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ITSC(SS)

Since everyone is waiting for results together figured I’d ask. This time last year this forum had 3 times the posts. Just less talking or is there less people applying with everything happening with COVID? Opinions on that topic? Any other 782X applicants in here waiting on results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Skipari
2 hours ago, ITSC(SS) said:

Since everyone is waiting for results together figured I’d ask. This time last year this forum had 3 times the posts. Just less talking or is there less people applying with everything happening with COVID? Opinions on that topic? Any other 782X applicants in here waiting on results.

The Mustang Lariat from October said there was still over 2,000 applications which seems generally consistent with previous years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ITSC(SS) said:

Since everyone is waiting for results together figured I’d ask. This time last year this forum had 3 times the posts. Just less talking or is there less people applying with everything happening with COVID? Opinions on that topic? Any other 782X applicants in here waiting on results.

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile.  I guess we'll have to wait until the stats come out.

14 minutes ago, Skipari said:

The Mustang Lariat from October said there was still over 2,000 applications which seems generally consistent with previous years.

It makes me wonder if it's 2,000 applications submitted or accepted.  We had someone submit a package that ultimately was denied because of an out-of-date appraisal form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Skipari
Just now, Intel said:

It makes me wonder if it's 2,000 applications submitted or accepted. 

Submitted. The story mentioned they were still processing through them all at that time. I could be wrong but I would be shocked if it was a great percentage of those that were tossed out. Just was getting at that I doubted the low participation was due to lack of applicants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Skipari
3 hours ago, Jonn said:

Skipari, did you every figure out why your board page on bol no longer had the A1 on it? Was that A1 in the BOL column? 

I had A1 in the BOL column, but it cleared after the 9th. Now its just blank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ITSC(SS)
1 hour ago, Skipari said:

I had A1 in the BOL column, but it cleared after the 9th. Now its just blank.

It was posted on the LDO/CWO Community page that it was normal. Just waiting for it to update that N or S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Skipari
8 hours ago, NavySAR said:

I'm gonna submit a package for this next year (first time). Excited to see results for this last one though!

Awesome. They're serious when they say it's never too early to start preparing. Start networking now. Find those old mustangs in your prospective community. They are an invaluable resource.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NavySAR said:

I'm gonna submit a package for this next year (first time). Excited to see results for this last one though!

Great!  Make sure you're putting in the legwork.  Believe me, it shows when people haven't done their research or prepared in advance.  Definitely make sure you're using the discrete requirements as a guide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised at the lack of Rainman-esque results predictions, at this point in the game.

I'll go ahead and put a few facts out there.  Every year since 2016, the number of workdays between the board convening and results being released has decreased by an average of 2-3 days.  The actual number of days versus predicted (via trendline) has been accurate, for the most part.  The offset is plus/minus four workdays.  There has been a repeating pattern since 2016: results come a few days early, then a few days late the next year.  This year would fall above the trendline, if the pattern continues, and we're already one day over the predicted release date.

Of course, COVID could have possibly destroyed any chance for a normal release.  However, if the results come out next week (which is more likely than this week), it would fall in line with the trend and what the OCM's were saying about results in March.

Anyone else have any theories?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • 🧧 Activity Stream

    1. 0

      Opinion - Our Sailors Deserve Good Leaders

    2. 0

      Pentagon Inspector General to assess Navy’s suicide prevention efforts

    3. 0

      /ADAPTIVE MOBILIZATION EXECUTION GUIDANCE, DELEGATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES FOR LOCAL AREA COORDINATOR FOR MOBILIZATION (LACMOB) AND DESIGNATED NAVY MOBILIZATION PROCESSING SITES (NMPS)

×
×
  • Create New...
Forum Home
www.NavyAdvancement.com
Boots | Navy Patches
Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family