FY-22 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

19 minutes ago, Determinism said:

Quotas did indeed come out a few days after results last year. Man 681X down to just 2 and no alternates this year. Next year zero?

Looks like they may be phasing them out.  That's the same thing they did with 683X before it was sundowned.  A lot of those billets ended up going to the 783X community.

Well, we had our first slip-up for this cycle last night.  Someone posted that their Chain of Command had informed them of their selection and it created quite the controversy.  Per the LDO/CWO Community Managers:

"All,

FY-22 LDO/CWO results are not out. Commands may see an applicant’s name indicating that they were considered but there will be no select status posted until CNP approves the results in March."

Guest Skipari
13 hours ago, Intel said:

Well, we had our first slip-up for this cycle last night.  Someone posted that their Chain of Command had informed them of their selection and it created quite the controversy.  Per the LDO/CWO Community Managers:

"All,

FY-22 LDO/CWO results are not out. Commands may see an applicant’s name indicating that they were considered but there will be no select status posted until CNP approves the results in March."

Well that's quite the flub.

Guest ITSC(SS)

Since everyone is waiting for results together figured I’d ask. This time last year this forum had 3 times the posts. Just less talking or is there less people applying with everything happening with COVID? Opinions on that topic? Any other 782X applicants in here waiting on results.

Guest Skipari
2 hours ago, ITSC(SS) said:

Since everyone is waiting for results together figured I’d ask. This time last year this forum had 3 times the posts. Just less talking or is there less people applying with everything happening with COVID? Opinions on that topic? Any other 782X applicants in here waiting on results.

The Mustang Lariat from October said there was still over 2,000 applications which seems generally consistent with previous years.

2 hours ago, ITSC(SS) said:

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile.  I guess we'll have to wait until the stats come out.

14 minutes ago, Skipari said:

The Mustang Lariat from October said there was still over 2,000 applications which seems generally consistent with previous years.

It makes me wonder if it's 2,000 applications submitted or accepted.  We had someone submit a package that ultimately was denied because of an out-of-date appraisal form.

Guest Skipari
Just now, Intel said:

It makes me wonder if it's 2,000 applications submitted or accepted. 

Submitted. The story mentioned they were still processing through them all at that time. I could be wrong but I would be shocked if it was a great percentage of those that were tossed out. Just was getting at that I doubted the low participation was due to lack of applicants.

Guest Skipari
3 hours ago, Jonn said:

Skipari, did you every figure out why your board page on bol no longer had the A1 on it? Was that A1 in the BOL column? 

I had A1 in the BOL column, but it cleared after the 9th. Now its just blank.

Guest ITSC(SS)
1 hour ago, Skipari said:

I had A1 in the BOL column, but it cleared after the 9th. Now its just blank.

It was posted on the LDO/CWO Community page that it was normal. Just waiting for it to update that N or S

Guest Skipari
8 hours ago, NavySAR said:

I'm gonna submit a package for this next year (first time). Excited to see results for this last one though!

Awesome. They're serious when they say it's never too early to start preparing. Start networking now. Find those old mustangs in your prospective community. They are an invaluable resource.

18 hours ago, NavySAR said:

I'm gonna submit a package for this next year (first time). Excited to see results for this last one though!

Great!  Make sure you're putting in the legwork.  Believe me, it shows when people haven't done their research or prepared in advance.  Definitely make sure you're using the discrete requirements as a guide.

I'm surprised at the lack of Rainman-esque results predictions, at this point in the game.

I'll go ahead and put a few facts out there.  Every year since 2016, the number of workdays between the board convening and results being released has decreased by an average of 2-3 days.  The actual number of days versus predicted (via trendline) has been accurate, for the most part.  The offset is plus/minus four workdays.  There has been a repeating pattern since 2016: results come a few days early, then a few days late the next year.  This year would fall above the trendline, if the pattern continues, and we're already one day over the predicted release date.

Of course, COVID could have possibly destroyed any chance for a normal release.  However, if the results come out next week (which is more likely than this week), it would fall in line with the trend and what the OCM's were saying about results in March.

Anyone else have any theories?