FY-22 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Determinism

It's that time of year again. Dust yourselves off and get grinding.

This year my goal is to finish my degree. 

To everyone else: Whats your goal to make your package more competitive this year? How will you go into this cycle a stronger LDO/CWO candidate than you were last year?

Guest Charlie_Tango

618x Select here from the FY-21 LDO/CWO board.

Happy to look over any 618x Surface Electronics applicants records and evals and help how I can. 

Guest Cryppie01

Shooting for all O6 and above for my appraises this year. I had two O-5's and one O-6 for the FY-21 board.

Going to start grad school since my degree BS in Computer Networking and Cyber didnt help. And knock out a few more industry certs with Navy COOLS help.

That's all i can really do to make my package stronger.

Hello Everyone,

This will be my first time and hopefully only time applying for 736X & 733X.  Below are some of the qualifications I possess (discreet requirements). Look forward to working with you all in hopes of accomplishing this huge milestone! If anyone who has applied last year FY, can you please message me, I have a few questions. Thank you!!

AOC was a 2019 OCS Alternate Selectee (rather go warrant!) 

EDU: MBA, BA, AA, Business Admin Cert., OPME, PPME, USMAPS Aviation Ordnance Tech 8,000.

SOY, CSFWP SOY, EP,EP,MP.

Maintenance Control Supervisor

Safe for Flight (F-18E/F)

QUAL/CERT: Board Member

Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI)

Full systems Quality Assurance Representative F-18E/F & H60s

Ordnance Leading Petty Officer during combat deployment

Line Division Supervisor during combat deployment

Detachment LPO/LCPO

Flight Deck Coordinator(FDC)

Phase Coordinator

V/R,

AOC

Guest NavyFramer
On 2/16/2020 at 4:38 AM, Zo2019 said:

Hello Everyone,

This will be my first time and hopefully only time applying for 736X & 733X.  Below are some of the qualifications I possess (discreet requirements). Look forward to working with you all in hopes of accomplishing this huge milestone! If anyone who has applied last year FY, can you please message me, I have a few questions. Thank you!!

AOC was a 2019 OCS Alternate Selectee (rather go warrant!) 

EDU: MBA, BA, AA, Business Admin Cert., OPME, PPME, USMAPS Aviation Ordnance Tech 8,000.

SOY, CSFWP SOY, EP,EP,MP.

Maintenance Control Supervisor

Safe for Flight (F-18E/F)

QUAL/CERT: Board Member

Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI)

Full systems Quality Assurance Representative F-18E/F & H60s

Ordnance Leading Petty Officer during combat deployment

Line Division Supervisor during combat deployment

Detachment LPO/LCPO

Flight Deck Coordinator(FDC)

Phase Coordinator

V/R,

AOC

PM’d

Guest CTRCSouth

FY-21 681X Select here. Happy to help out.  One note with appraisals, rank doesn't really matter. Your scores (Preferably all 10's) and what is in the write up from them is what matters.  Do you hit the key "description" words your community is looking for.  My appraisal board was an O5(N9/DIWC), O4(CSG CRC), and CWO4(Former DIVO).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subguy10524

Not sure what else to do for this cycle. Last eval was an at sea EP. So last 5 have been MP, MP, ranked EP 13 of 173(regular/transfer on Nov 15), MP, EP 3 of 23. Was SOQ 19-3.

Have a Masters degree noted in achievement block of an older eval/in my JST. 

I am a nuke EM. 

LPO over 12 months with evals showcasing my guys qualifying and accomplishing milestones. Currently serving as EDTA. Qualified all expected for my LADR. Qualified everything QA expect QAS and WCS on the 3M side. 

Starting EDMC quals so I can have something else I’m working toward. Also going to pursue COW  as another thing to have.

No NJP. Negative is straight Ps on my first boat from 2010-2014. Transfer was an EP above RSCA. Also missing 14-1 PFA. Not as much community involvement. Small hours noted assisting coaching youth teams in evals also.

Not sure where else to go.  Anyone got advice?

This was my second year applying. Not sure if the lack of EMN chiefs affected selections since there weren’t rates on the NAVADMIN.   

Looking for what I may be missing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest subguy10524

Noticed the new recruiting brief is posted.  So the stats from last year are out. 

selected 46/141 nuclear applications. Just don’t know what else I am missing. What else I can do to better my chance. 

Guest Charlie_Tango
On 3/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, subguy10524 said:

Noticed the new recruiting brief is posted.  So the stats from last year are out. 

selected 46/141 nuclear applications. Just don’t know what else I am missing. What else I can do to better my chance. 

What does your RSCA PMA (PSR part 3)look like? Do you have consistent soft/hard breakouts against your peers, gradually breaking to an EP? Do your write ups demonstrate technical proficiency and leadership of your plant, programs, and people? Are your opening/closing call outs both strong and unique? Have you reached out to those that were picked up (in your sub or CVN community) and asked to compare records? 

Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, Charlie_Tango said:

What does your RSCA PMA (PSR part 3)look like? Do you have consistent soft/hard breakouts against your peers, gradually breaking to an EP? Do your write ups demonstrate technical proficiency and leadership of your plant, programs, and people? Are your opening/closing call outs both strong and unique? Have you reached out to those that were picked up (in your sub or CVN community) and asked to compare records? 

Been above RSCA PMA since my shore tour. My first sea tour was below RSCA. But my first shore tour and into this sea tour have been above since the reporting P on shore. Last shore EP and this past cycle EP were breakouts.  

I have not yet reached out to those picked up, will probably start doing that this week.  Probably need to look at their last few evals for the write ups to compare. See what I am missing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 12:07 AM, Determinism said:

It's that time of year again. Dust yourselves off and get grinding.

This year my goal is to finish my degree. 

To everyone else: Whats your goal to make your package more competitive this year? How will you go into this cycle a stronger LDO/CWO candidate than you were last year?

I need to earn a PhD and become a c-level executive at a Fortune 500 company in order to have a shot. 😂

• 1 month later...
Guest Charlie_Tango

Bump. Where’s everyone at with your applications? 

Don’t forget - AD, CPO eligibles.. your LTB is due THIS MONTH! First deadline of the year...

Good luck to all. Happy to assist with either.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THEE PSC

Greetings All,

I will be applying for CWO 741X this go around.  This is my first and probably only opportunity being that I will hit the 20 year mark next October.  I feel like I have a pretty strong package. I am working on some Navy Cool certifications and a USMAP that I should have before September and am redoing the offficer PPME since my initial completion was in 2012.  Has anyone submitted recommendation letters or are those worthless as far as the board is concerned?  Just want to make sure that if there is something I can add to help my package, I add it. 

EVALUATIONS.pdf EDUCATION.pdf AWARDS.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subguy10524

Now that the NAVADMINs are on the street, I have gotten my application together and am in the process of grooming/updating my personal statement as well as CO endorsement. It is all done from last year, but want to update it with a new year worth of items.

I still refuse to include enclosures that are already documented via eval/OMPF as my opinion is it is extra and just adds time for things that are already included.

Secondly, can anyone find the FY-22 Eligibility checklist that is required to be included as an enclosure? It is no longer on the same page it was last year.  Anyone have insights before I post to the community page on the book of face asking?

• 1 month later...
Guest NavyFramer
On 5/26/2020 at 6:50 AM, THEE PSC said:

Greetings All,

I will be applying for CWO 741X this go around.  This is my first and probably only opportunity being that I will hit the 20 year mark next October.  I feel like I have a pretty strong package. I am working on some Navy Cool certifications and a USMAP that I should have before September and am redoing the offficer PPME since my initial completion was in 2012.  Has anyone submitted recommendation letters or are those worthless as far as the board is concerned?  Just want to make sure that if there is something I can add to help my package, I add it. 

EVALUATIONS.pdf 9.43 MB · 7 downloads EDUCATION.pdf 1.41 MB · 3 downloads AWARDS.pdf 2.16 MB · 3 downloads

I submitted an LOR last cycle and was selected. Don't know how much it helped but it was very well written, and obviously, I wouldn't change a thing about it lol..

Guest NavyFramer
On 6/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, subguy10524 said:

Now that the NAVADMINs are on the street, I have gotten my application together and am in the process of grooming/updating my personal statement as well as CO endorsement. It is all done from last year, but want to update it with a new year worth of items.

I still refuse to include enclosures that are already documented via eval/OMPF as my opinion is it is extra and just adds time for things that are already included.

Secondly, can anyone find the FY-22 Eligibility checklist that is required to be included as an enclosure? It is no longer on the same page it was last year.  Anyone have insights before I post to the community page on the book of face asking?

I submitted 3 or 4 enclosures with my application last year that were buried in previous evals. I was selected; I wouldn't completely rule it out if you think what you want them to see is going to be hard to find. 

Guest Butter Star

I am a SELRES LDO 6285.  If any SELRES LDO/CWO candidates are looking for points of contact to help schedule interviews, or just want information on the programs that are available, feel free to PM me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Determinism

It's interesting, last year at this time we were 3 pages into this thread. I wonder if the reduction in posting here reflects a reduction in applicants this year? Any thoughts?

Guest Tsmiffers

Last year a lot of the posts were concerning the new application format. Maybe that's why?

On a separate note. I submitted my package to MNCC last Friday, my case shows "no errors/processed". But still nothing in BOL. Todays the deadline, and since I worry to much...I'm low key worried. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat?

Guest Determinism
17 hours ago, Tsmiffers said:

Last year a lot of the posts were concerning the new application format. Maybe that's why?

On a separate note. I submitted my package to MNCC last Friday, my case shows "no errors/processed". But still nothing in BOL. Todays the deadline, and since I worry to much...I'm low key worried. Lol. Anyone else in the same boat?

I think you're probably good. We didn't see them pop up in BOL until October 4th last year. I'd expect to start seeing them around Monday and if I don't see mine by Wednesday I'll begin to quietly panic ;)

Guest Tsmiffers

TL;DR:  Don't fret if your stuff hasn't showed up yet!

PSA: I submitted my board package on 25 September and it hasn't showed up in BOL yet. I contacted the board sponsor (LCDR Randy Beal) to get some peace of mind. He confirmed that they have my package and that it just hasn't been processed yet (There are still 100+ folks ahead of me).