FY-22 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guidance from Millington on the application status in BOL.  Sounds like they’re still working through the backlog.

”FY-22 LDO/CWO Applicants,
  BOL has been updated early this week with the additional code of "R" for "Received".  
  "R" was created to assure applicants that their application has been received.  If you do not have at least an "R", your application was not received by MNCC.
  Once your application has been reviewed and processed, BOL will be updated with the appropriate code per the LDO/CWO Eligibility Checklist.  This could take several days or even weeks depending on when you submitted your application.
   If you do not have at least an "R", you must contact MNCC per the NAVADMIN cc npc_ldo-cwo_selbd.fct@navy.mil to find out why.
   Some who submitted applications via DOD SAFE did not have their applications picked up by MNCC by the expiration date. If that is the case, contact MNCC at cscselboard@navy.mil, cc npc_ldo-cwo_selbd.fct@navy.mil and coordinate a re-submission. You must provide proof of the original on time submission.
For DOD SAFE, you must provide a passphrase to MNCC to retrieve it.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Determinism

On February 1st last year the LDO thread had 137 posts. This year it has 28 (prior to this post). Its wild to see almost an 80% decrease in participation.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:26 PM, Determinism said:

On February 1st last year the LDO thread had 137 posts. This year it has 28 (prior to this post). Its wild to see almost an 80% decrease in participation.

Not to say this is any indication, but I have been wondering if/how COVID would affect the number of applicants this year.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:31 PM, subguy10524 said:

Now that the NAVADMINs are on the street, I have gotten my application together and am in the process of grooming/updating my personal statement as well as CO endorsement. It is all done from last year, but want to update it with a new year worth of items.

I still refuse to include enclosures that are already documented via eval/OMPF as my opinion is it is extra and just adds time for things that are already included.

Secondly, can anyone find the FY-22 Eligibility checklist that is required to be included as an enclosure? It is no longer on the same page it was last year.  Anyone have insights before I post to the community page on the book of face asking?

I know this is a late reply, but I was advised by multiple CWO's to include certifications/qualifications that are explicitly named in the discrete requirements as attachments.  According to them, it highlights what they are already looking for and is a backstop in case someone misses it in your evals.

Guest Determinism
11 hours ago, Lofihightide said:

Hello to all! Does anyone know around what time the board will adjourn?

Likely this Friday.

FY22 Precepts and discrete requirements have been posted:

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Documents/FY22/FY-22 LDO-CWO ISP PRECEPT-2.pdf
https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Documents/FY22/FY-22 Discrete Requirements Active.pdf

Guest Determinism
4 hours ago, Intel said:

I'm hoping so.  I'm eager to see the quotas.

For some reason last year they did not publish quotas until after results dropped. I hope that isn't a new trend.

2 minutes ago, Determinism said:

For some reason last year they did not publish quotas until after results dropped. I hope that isn't a new trend.

Yeah, I don't get the logic behind that.  In the discrete requirements, notional quotas are listed for 783X.  I'm just curious to see how many applicants there were for that designator and if the quotas were met.  Given how long you wait during this process, you would think they could at least put out quotas ASAP.

Guest EMNC surface dude

Hey everyone. If the 'A' in BOL means that everything was accepted with no errors. What does 'A1' mean?

Also anyone have any guesses on when the Nuclear LDO board will adjourn, and when results will get announced?

Thanks

Guest Skipari
2 minutes ago, EMNC surface dude said:

Hey everyone. If the 'A' in BOL means that everything was accepted with no errors. What does 'A1' mean?

Also anyone have any guesses on when the Nuclear LDO board will adjourn, and when results will get announced?

Thanks

A1 means that your submission was approved as well as one (1) addendum.

Guest EMNC surface dude

So it's looking like an average of 30 days after the board adjourns prior to results, with the exception of last year. So March 5th maybe?

Guest Skipari
5 minutes ago, EMNC surface dude said:

So it's looking like an average of 30 days after the board adjourns prior to results, with the exception of last year. So March 5th maybe?

Everything looks like it was pushed right two weeks from usual so yeah, first or second week of March looks probable.

Guest SubNukeMechanic
11 hours ago, EMNC surface dude said:

Anyone know where to find the Nuclear FY22 Precepts and discrete requirements?

Thanks.

PERS stopped releasing them after the Nuke board split off into a separate ISPB around 2017-2018. The "separate correspondence" mentioned in the discreet requirements for the other designators isn't really a thing. The closest thing I've found is a paragraph in the annual NAVADMIN stating the obvious: that you must be qualified EWS/PPWS. There was a video brief a few months back on the Joint Base Pearl Harbor FB page, where they did the LDO applicant brief. They had a nuke specific portion, where they covered a few statistics that I haven't heard or seen elsewhere. But most of it is pretty intuitive: EWS, Chief eligible/CPO/SCPO, strong technical background, Sustained superior performance in leadership roles, etc. Probably nothing most applicants aren't already aware of.

Only place I've ever seen the quotas since the split is on the LDO applicant brief power point on the NPC page for the previous years quotas.

23 hours ago, EMNC surface dude said:

I'm curious about why last year's got out so quickly.

Guest SubNukeMechanic

For any other Nuke applicants, the Nuke LDO ISPB adjourned on 22 JAN 21 (the Friday before the non nuke ISPB convened). Not to put too much spin on the rumor mill, but I have been hearing whisperings of nuke results coming out this week. That would make sense, considering how many nuke selectees there are vs everyone else. But realistically, its looking like this week or next. My LDO mentor stood the board this year (never told me directly, but I have a very strong hunch based off of some impromptu TAD time that happened to align with the board dates) and said that the community manager told him results should be out within 30 days of adjournment. I can't speak for the non nuke applicants, but that is what I've heard.

14 minutes ago, SaltyAZ said:

When did quotas get released last year and how long after quotas dropped did the results come out? 

That's tricky because the quotas are just enclosures in the discrete requirements.  They don't have dates on them.  So, even when they're posted, unless you remember the dates, there's really no way to tell.  Perhaps you could look through the old threads here and check the dates they were posted.