FY-22 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Intel
10 minutes ago, Lofihightide said:

@Desert_Sailor_18 I’m at an Ech II and this is indeed true.

I mean, you have to understand and expect doubt.  Year after year, people pop into this forum and try to get everyone riled up by saying results are out or they got the 'S', purely just to be a troll.  You also have a newbie account.  Not saying you're full of it, but doubt is well-warranted around here.

Guest Skipari
18 minutes ago, Intel said:

I mean, you have to understand and expect doubt.  Year after year, people pop into this forum and try to get everyone riled up by saying results are out or they got the 'S', purely just to be a troll.  You also have a newbie account.  Not saying you're full of it, but doubt is well-warranted around here.

^^Truth^^. Those who post "in the know" information are guilty until proven innocent in this forum. 😉

Guest Lofihightide

I understand. I’m definitely not trying to stir things up. I will say this he is in the Sub community and last year I had another guy who said he was told he made it and he did. 

2 hours ago, Intel said:

Agree, usually I immediately remove the person, just as I was about to do here, but this time I left it up. 

2 minutes ago, Lofihightide said:

If the notification isn’t done tomorrow. I will be the first to man up and apologize. 

Actually, no need to do that if it doesn't pan out. It's happened before 👍

Guest CHOSENONE

Okay so we have good reason to suspect results coming out on a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Any guesses as to what time they will drop?  

17 minutes ago, CHOSENONE said:

Okay so we have good reason to suspect results coming out on a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Any guesses as to what time they will drop?  

Wild guess of 11 EST

Guest Intel
1 hour ago, NukeGuy07740 said:

US Pacific Fleet Master Chief posted a congratulatory message for a YNSC making LDO on Facebook last night. Seems legit.

I saw the same thing.  Maybe we're finally getting somewhere!

Guest Intel
17 hours ago, Lofihightide said:

Funny thing is there is a guy at my command who found out today he was selected. At this point I’m thinking if I haven’t been given a word I didn’t get selected. Before everyone jumps on me yes he was selected and I do not have a source.

I'm starting to think this was an alternate.  You're not at PACFLT are you?

1 hour ago, Intel said:

PACFLT FLTCM confirmed it is an alternate from FY21. So much for the hopeful news.

• Thank You 1

Guest Intel
3 minutes ago, NukeGuy07740 said:

PACFLT FLTCM confirmed it is an alternate from FY21. So much for the hopeful news.

The sound of dreams being crushed is deafening...

12 minutes ago, NukeGuy07740 said:

I wonder why it took so long to pick an alternate. 

Guest Lofihightide
1 hour ago, Intel said:

I am. No one was told he was an alternate selectee. What are the odds of timing? 

Guest Intel
18 minutes ago, Lofihightide said:

I am. No one was told he was an alternate selectee. What are the odds of timing? 

The PACFLT FORCM confirmed that he was an alternate.  Even he realized, after the fact, that he caused a frenzy by not specifying.

Guest Intel
40 minutes ago, Tony said:

I wonder why it took so long to pick an alternate. 

If I'm not mistaken, they're alternates until all primaries are pinned.  If someone falls out due to clearance/medical issues, an alternate moves into their place.

25 minutes ago, Lofihightide said:

Agree! That is what I was thinking.

6 minutes ago, Intel said:

If I'm not mistaken, they're alternates until all primaries are pinned.  If someone falls out due to clearance/medical issues, an alternate moves into their place.

Makes more sense now.

Had a couple buddies get picked as alternates before.  1 didn't submit a package the next year and right before results released got the call that he was selected for warrant.  The other got the call a month before results.   Selects wait until the last minute to get their physicals complete as well.  advice...don't wait until the last minute. 

• Thank You 1